Em's weightloss journey 2013 - Here we go again!!

I haven't posted on here in a while but I just had to come back and update.

Drum roll please, lol......As of this morning I have reached my goal weight of 10st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo happy, I cant quite believe it. Its been a hell of a journey, but over the last few months or so things just seem to have 'clicked' and I no longer feel like I am ruled by food.

I have battled with my weight my whole life and was always the biggest in my class at school, but then managed to get down to about 10st when I got married in 2005. Then I piled on the pounds and reached my heaviest (14st 8) in about December 2007. I tried to lose weight on my own but in July 2009 I decided to get some help and I signed up to SW for the first time weighing 13st 8. This worked quite well for me to begin with but my losses were slow which I found quite demoralising and I fell off the wagon over Xmas 2009.

At the beginning of 2010 I decided to try a VLCD (Weight to Go) because I wanted to lose as much weight as possible before my holiday to the Caribbean in March. I think I only managed it for a couple of weeks though as I wasn't feeling very well at all on it and developed gastritis. So I discovered the grass isn't always greener and although the losses were good, I wasn't willing to sacrifice my health.

So in May 2010 I returned to SW weighing 12st. By this time to be honest I think I had started to learn the 'tricks' of SW and developed the ability to eat quite a lot of 'free' food and still be totally on plan. Which meant that once again my losses were extremely slow and I eventually gave up again. I did try another VLCD (Weight to Go) at some point, cant remember when exactly, but it was after I gave up with SW again. Once again I didn't last all that long on it but it was a slightly better experience than the previous attempt and I did manage to lose a few lbs. I think my problem was that even though I stuck to it 100% ketosis never kicked in for me so I was constantly tired and headachey and just had zero energy, and I couldn't live mt life like that.

So then the switch clicked in my head and I decided that the only way I was going to lose weight properly and learn to keep it off was to do it the natural way, through calorie counting and exercise. Which is exactly what I have done and it has worked. I've had better losses doing it this way than I had on SW. I don't feel that I am being deprived of anything, and it makes you stop and think about what you are putting in your mouth. When you actually look at some foods it is shocking the number of calories in things. Like even the 'healthy' options like a salad from a supermarket has a crazy number of calories in. So for me its just being aware of what I'm eating, whether I really NEED to eat it or whether I just WANT it.

Looking forwards, my plan now is to lose a bit more weight. I have always said that my inital goal was 10st and I would see how I feel when I get there. It feels amazing, but I am not quite where I want to be just yet. I am still wearing size 14 clothes which is a bummer, and I would like my stomach to be a bit flatter and just to be more toned. So my new target is 9st 7 and I will see how I feel when I get there. Or I may not feel I need to lose as much as that. I cant wait to see a 9 on the scales though, think I might have to do a little dance, lol.:bliss:

Now I am at target, I am over the moon because it has been a rollercoaster the last 2 1/2 years or so since I originally started SW. At times I honestly never thought I would see the day when the scales read 10st. But it goes to show that all your hard work can pay off. Yes it can be extremely frustrating to see people losing say 5lbs a week when you have only lost 0.5lbs, but I truly believe slow and steady not only wins the race, but enables you to maintain more successfully due to the skills and mental attitude you develop along the way.

And now I am saying :Na_Na_Na_Na: to those 64lbs. Gone forever. :wavey:

I am in the 9's!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Woop woop:smiley1842::bunnydance::party0049::woohoo:

I had quite a big smile on my face when I weighed myself on Monday. I cant actually remember when I last weighed 9 stone something.....ever. I'm only JUST into the 9's (9st 13.5) but still, its all going in the right direction still and its a single digit number of stone!

Went to our work Xmas dinner last night and I was wearing a lovely size 12! top :D Still in my size 14 jeans but they are looser and I could probably get away with trying on some size 12s now, but I don't fancy fighting my way to the shops at this time of year (got all my xmas shopping done a couple of weeks ago so I dont have to go anywhere near a shop or town, lol). But I am definitely bigger on my bottom half compared to my top half, which is a bit frustrating. But in the new year I am planning to start focusing more on exercise and toning again, so hopefully I can work on the 'problem' areas.

2 weigh ins left until Xmas so hopefully I can get myself a bit closer to my new target of 9st 7lbs by then. Want to suprise all my family and friends when I see them again. :D

Well done!

Thank you elm and Linz. :)

Well done em!!! 9 st something! Well done!

Thank you dream :) How are you doing?

I hate Christmas. Actually, no, that is a lie, I LOVE Christmas, but I HATE the whole eating thing, lol. Why cant the Christmas food just be contained to like 1 or 2 days, like Christmas day and Boxing day, instead of going on for like the whole of December!

I've managed to be fairly good so far up until yesterday. We had a Christmas nibbles day in the office yesterday where our agency staff can come in and get something to eat and drink and have a chat. One thing to note is that NO ONE ever bothers coming, lol, and we are a small office, just 4 of us in here most of the time. Now, my colleague went out and bought over £100 of party food!! OMG!! There was SOOOOOO much, never ending food. I managed to hold off until about 1pm for touching anything but then I started munching. I don't think I ate a huge amount but just the constant picking at things meant that by the end of the day I was actually quite uncomfortable. And I haven't felt like that in a long time now, it wasn't nice.

So today I am hoping I can keep myself away from all the leftovers and be really good until Sunday. I am going to do my best to contain my Christmas eating to just Xmas day and Boxing day, but I really really REALLY don't want to go back over 10st. Might keep a bit of a food diary over the next week or so just so I can keep track of everything that passes my lips and keep control of it.

Have to be honest and say that this year is the first year Christmas has filled me with a slight feeling of dread when it comes to food. I just keep myself away from bad food and large amounts of food most of the time and that is what works for me and helps me keep on track. So it is going to be really tough for me being around so much food. Oh well, I just need to try and keep strong. :sigh:

I feel like I need to post on my diary again because I feel as though I am losing control. Just ever since Christmas I've not been able to get back on track with the dieting. I knew Christmas would throw me off and I tried so so hard to convince myself that it wouldn't but it has and I am so so frustrated!!!!! I was doing so well before xmas, I wasn't bothered by food at all, I didnt think about jumping on the scales every morning, it just didnt require any effort at all it just felt natural and the weight just fell off me.

But now I am stuggling so so much and I hate myself. I constantly think about food, I cant trust myself to go into a shop and not buy something bad, Im craving bad/junk food and have had more takeaways in the last month than I have had in the last 3-6 months!

Im back into that old familiar cycle of waking up in the morning with all the best intentions then once I get home it all goes out the window and I go to bed feeling just awful.

Im so frustrated and upset becuase I thought I had conquered this obsession with food and that I could continue to lose weight until i reached where I ultimately want to be. But no, I am going in completely the wrong direction and the weight is going on and not coming off. I just want to cry :'(

I was down to 9st 10 and as of Monday I am now back over 10st, 10st 4 to be precise. I am gutted. I want to get down to 9st, and I just want to be happy with my body. I've had to go back into my size 14 clothes again because my size 12s are quite uncomfortable. Going from having 10lbs to lose to now having 1st 4lbs to lose is heart breaking. It just seems like so much. I am just fixated on losing weight and dieting again, and I know that for me weight loss doesnt happen when im in this frame of mind :'(

Just popping by to say hi and see how you ate doing, even though I'm not doing sliming world anymore. It's always tricky over the festive period, don't lose heart! :)

I'm back....

Hi everyone! :wavey:

Well, I'm back again, head hanging in shame at the fact that I have regained all that weight I worked so hard to lose. Been reading back over my previous posts and how happy and excited I was when I was doing really well, losing weight and finally reaching my goal, and I'm so disappointed in myself. I get the feeling that this is going to be something I will continue to struggle with my whole life as I just have such a bad relationship with food. Even when I seemed to change that and conquer my food 'addictions' back in 2011, it obviously didn't last for long and during 2012 I gained back everything I had lost. It was a though year and I guess I just turned to food for comfort.

So in 2012 I went back up to 14st 8lbs. Back to the heaviest I have ever been. I have managed to lose about 2 stone since then, but my willpower seems to be seriously lacking and I never seem to be able to stick to something for more than a week or two at a time. I get so frustrated with myself.

I got quite desperate and a few weeks ago I embarked on the Cambridge Diet. I did ok on it, but spent a lot of the time feeling really quite unwell, had some horrible side effects and it just didnt seem to work for me like it does for other people. I felt like my body was fighting the diet the whole time. I did it 100% for 6 weeks and managed to lost 19lbs, which is brilliant and I certainly wouldn't have lost that much if I hadn't done it and carried on the way I was. But I reached the point where I just began to wonder if it was worth feeling so ill for what was turning into only a 1 or 2lb loss a week.

So, now I am back to healthy eating/calorie counting as that is what seemed to work for me when I reached my goal before. Hoping and praying that the switch in my head clicks again and it just becomes natural and effortless, but I'm not doing too well so far. I think I am around about 12 and a half stone, but its not been a good week and I may have put a few lbs on by Monday, which is my official WI day. Also hoping that being back on Minimins may help me keep my motivation as well, will try and post on here every day. Now just need to sort hubby out and train him to stop bringing naughty temptation food into the house and suggesting takeaways for dinner, grrrrr lol.

I will get a proper start weight on Monday and then go from there, might do a sort of 14 day challenge and try to be 100% for 14 days.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Sending good vibes through the screen :vibes:

Back