End of 1st Day!

acceber90

Here I am at the end of first day on LL Total...I was worried and hungry and nervous until about 5 o clock and since then have felt really good and positive. Didn't get on too well with the strawberry milkshake but loved the chilli for my dinner.

Any words of advice would be welcomed as although I know I will be on Total for at least 6 months I cannot imagine (as it is my first day) not eating normal food for that long!

Today is day 3 for me and it's been ok so far. I loved the chilli as well. I made a real effort to chew those tiny little pieces just for added effect!! Good luck with your journey and I will enjoy comparing notes with you!!

I am on week 3 now, the time goes really fast, you will be surprised, good luck, will check in on you to read how you are doing xx

Hi I have been on LL since the end if jan I never thought I could do without conventional food but did a solid 5 months on total it is doable!

Space your packs put and drink plenty of water! Pamper yourself with bubble baths etc when you feel Luke you want to reach for something nice.

Goodluck xx

It's Day 7 and WHAT a week....so many ups and downs...as I am sure you all know!
I have managed to feed hubby, baby and toddler 3 times a day. I have also got through a big family get together feast on Sunday which was killer but I did it!
Today has been a bad day...i am fed up of the yukky porridge so made them into biscuits as some pro LLT people had suggested and they are literally inedible and like cardboard. So no breakfast. Made the mushroom soup for lunch and nearly vommed so havn't eaten that either! I just can't wait for my weigh in tonight to give me some motivation to continue...I don't want to give up and I know I won't but this is bloody hard!
I know I have a long way to go being a size 20 and wanting to be my original size 10. But when did any of you guys physically notice enough of a difference to be mildly chuffed???

I am on day 8 today and going for my first weigh in tonight. The porridge is disgusting isn't it??!! I think the first week must be the hardest as you pick loads of packs to give them a try but if you hate them it's a huge disappointment when it's your only meal!! I am spacing mine out today so I can change the curry! I have felt just like you this week so I got my tape measure out this morning. I seem to have lost 4 inches from my waist which is amazing for a week and is just the sort of motivation I was looking for. Of course I may have had the tape measure a little tighter than the LLC but there is definitely less there!!

It's Day 7 and WHAT a week....so many ups and downs...as I am sure you all know!
I have managed to feed hubby, baby and toddler 3 times a day. I have also got through a big family get together feast on Sunday which was killer but I did it!
Today has been a bad day...i am fed up of the yukky porridge so made them into biscuits as some pro LLT people had suggested and they are literally inedible and like cardboard. So no breakfast. Made the mushroom soup for lunch and nearly vommed so havn't eaten that either! I just can't wait for my weigh in tonight to give me some motivation to continue...I don't want to give up and I know I won't but this is bloody hard!
I know I have a long way to go being a size 20 and wanting to be my original size 10. But when did any of you guys physically notice enough of a difference to be mildly chuffed???

you will notice a diference in no time at all im on week 6 and down 2 sizes in tops and 1 size in trousers :) with a loss of 25 lbs keep positive , keep trying different pack till you find ones you like , personally i have loved some packs one week and then totally went of them and then like them again so try not to rule them out :) i think the longer you do it the easier it becomes because you dont think about it every second of the day . Is it your weigh in day today ?? if so good luck :D x

I agree it gets easier as you notice the lbs drop off. I have never enjoyed any of the packs but I do enjoy the feeling of success when another lb or few drop off. I treat the packs as medicine. I have to have them to keep me well until I deal with this self-inflicted condition of podginess! In most diets you are supposed to really focus on and enjoy your food while you are eating so that you can recognise when you are full. On vlcd packs I try and distract myself by eating while I am doing something else - like typing away on here. I know I will have to train myself away from this when I return to food, because it was mindless chomping that got me here in the first place; but if I had to focus too much on the packs while I was eating them I think I would just give up (or throw up lol!)

I agree that it helps to think of the packs as medicine, not food. They are a means to an end and if you actually enjoy any of them try to see that as a bonus!

If you stick to it 100% you should start to see results very very soon - definitely in two weeks. Hang in there!

Thank you so much for all the support...I had my first weigh in last night and lost 12lb in my first week! I mean that just shows how great Lighter Life is and has really made me even more committed to the programme. I know my weight loss will be no where near that each week but this big loss has really helped me not drop out in the first week because it just shows that it is worth all the money, bad breath, cravings and inedible mushroom soup!

acceber90 said:
Thank you so much for all the support...I had my first weigh in last night and lost 12lb in my first week! I mean that just shows how great Lighter Life is and has really made me even more committed to the programme. I know my weight loss will be no where near that each week but this big loss has really helped me not drop out in the first week because it just shows that it is worth all the money, bad breath, cravings and inedible mushroom soup!

Wow well done on your first WI, that's amazing!!

Lol at your side effects, I never think about them but you are so right!

Onwards and downwards xx

Well done on your first week! Fantastic loss! I'm with you on the inedible mushroom soup by the way. It used to be one of my favourites but they reformulated (I hesitate to say 'improved') it and it turned very strange indeed!

Well done on the weight loss, doing really well 12lb amazing. Makes it all worth while when you see results like that. Keep up the good work xx

acceber90 said:

Hi Hun,

Just reading your posts and OMG 12lb in a week. That's fantabulous. Here's to a great second one.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Ok guys ...i am cringing.

After such a good weight loss I have had a terrible week.....
Basically I have found all the packs apart from the bars unbearable so all week i think i have missed about 8 meals all together.

Then I went to stay with my closest friend who lives quite far away while leaving the kids with my hub. We went out and i drank :( 2x amaretto shots, 2 x vodka red bull. I felt bad but managed to resist any burger/kebab on way home from night out.
THEN on my way back home the next day through London I had only had a shake for breakfast and it was about 6pm by this time and I had popped into Westminster Cathedal for mass and I couldn't concentrate I felt like I was going to faint because I had only has one shake and one bar the day before. So as soon as I could I went to the nearest place which happened to be a frigging Maccy D's and bought not one but three (THREE????) burgers and ate them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck is wrong with me?? Part of me feels that it is because I have been avoiding and not spacing my packs, I got to the point of fainting and reached for the nearest thing. The other part of me is like why the heck do you need THREE burgers :| i vommed after a little bit and it hurt my throat so much to chew and swallow for some reason.

The affair took place on Sunday so Yesterday and today I have had nothing apart from water and a couple of foodpacks....trying to get back into ketosis. I am terrified about tonight, because if I have put on and am not in ketosis I know i will stop at chippy on way home and have the attitude 'oh well i will start again tomorrow..'

Help guys!

In despair

x

P.S also stopped breastfeeding fully this week and had my first period since having my baby so am feeling awful and know this will probs just as to my tio of quarter pounders ! :(

Anyway please help me guys.....I have my second weigh in tonight I am dreading not being in ketosis and having put on weight.

Phew. What a post. Well done for being brave enough to write it all down. Where to start?

Just a couple of things: firstly if you've only just stopped breastfeeding your body will be in kinds of turmoil. I breastfed my two children and your hormones can be all over the place when you wean. Is now really the best time for you to be trying abstinence? You need to be kind to yourself. Breastfeeding is very taxing on your body and you need to give yourself time to get back to normal afterwards.

Secondly... If you really want to do LL and feel the time is right then you definitely definitely need to have your four packs. Every day. Without fail. Think of it as weight loss medicine! Most of us manage by spacing them out quite religiously during the day. That way your body won't panic and you won't get so ravenous, and you will get all the vitamins, minerals and protein that you need to stay alive!

You poor thing. I really feel for you - but I'm also worried for you. Missing eight packs in a week is a lot. The programme won't work if you do that, and you could make yourself really poorly :(

I agree with everything Spangly said. Don't beat yourself up, what's done is done. Move on. About missing meals - you know that's a bad idea, but if you're dealing with a baby you may feel there is no time left for you. Is there someone who can help out. Maybe you need a couple of pampering hours for yourself. Just time to take a breath and make a plan. As Spangly said have the packs in a structured schedule, and do consider them medicine, if you don't take them you will get ill. I have mine at 10 am, 2 pm, 6 pm and 10 pm, but work out a structure that suits you and baby. Your hormones will be all over the place so please be kind to yourself.

Back