Energy levels on sole source?

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good sunday! I am taking the plunge and starting with the diet tomorrow. I am all ready with my soups and shakes and have just over 4 stone to lose.

The only concern I have is my energy levels. I have a really demanding job as a teacher and i'm worried I'll be really exhausted. I appreciate I might for the first few days whilst my body gets used to it, but what about after?

What are other peoples energy levels like on the diet?

Thanks! xx

I seem to hahe highs and lows. OSmwtimes I jsut want to curl up and sleep, but other times I want to bounce around the room!

It seems to be closely linked to my mood. SO try and keep happy....and you will feel energetic! Well thats what I've found anyway.

Hiya, Im now on day 21 and have more energy than i had before! the first few days wasnt too bad, but since about day 7 ive been full of energy. x

have just added you :)

shes ok actually. Not the kind of person I would have worked well with a few years ago, but I am learning to be more tolerant of people and generally trying to be a nicer person! Makes me sound awful lol but I used to be a right b**ch especially with new people and I'm working on changing. So I'm getting on ok with my counsellor :)

Whats yours like?

Hi Glittergirl

I am on day 3 - day 1 was fine for energy levels, day 2 I had few likkle headaches and today felt physically drained but mentally I have been positive...

Good luck with your journey!

Hiya

I would say it is about 50/50 from experience.

About half the girls I see say they get a real "nesting" high when in ketosis and are more industrious etc and generally feel buzzing after the first 10 days of the diet and getting through the carb withdrawal.

The rest tend to say/think they are more tired but rarely does anyone say they can't function normally when on the diet as at the end of the day the 2000 calories (or so!) you need to function are coming from a mixture of the packs and fat and hence you aren't running on 400 calories really.

Most people tend to agree that if you drink loads of water then you wash out the ketones which can make you feel lousy and then you tend to feel more perky!

Mike

Started the cambridge diet today, haven't felt any drop in energy levels, but have wanted some carbs, i think because it has been rainy and wintery - i should have started this diet in the summer!! Lovely shakes and lovely soups so far all is good although the tummy is rumbling a little now but have had some water and it has subsided. Just thinking of the little black dress for christmas! good luck with it.
Amber

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good sunday! I am taking the plunge and starting with the diet tomorrow. I am all ready with my soups and shakes and have just over 4 stone to lose.

The only concern I have is my energy levels. I have a really demanding job as a teacher and i'm worried I'll be really exhausted. I appreciate I might for the first few days whilst my body gets used to it, but what about after?

What are other peoples energy levels like on the diet?

Thanks! xx

Back