Enjoying the gym?!

I think I would be no use to anyone if they asked me to "spot"..I struggle with the 3kg on most exercises!

I need to join up although I will admit to being 1 of these people with about 50 pieces of gym gear obtained over the years but never used, and I have in the last couple of months got a few bits ie crosstrainer, weights and a bench set up in the garage which ive been using every day in some way or another and yes ive been loving it and looking forward to using it, how you can get a buzz from working hard is beyond me but its really helping, i'm clearly 10 times fitter and my arms are growing(male bingo wings wasnt a good look) now just gotta work on the moobs although 11inches loss off my chest has helped.

Had my first few sessions at the gym last week as I’m now 3 months post op. I was only allowed to do hill walking on the tred mill and the cross trainer. My instructor feels that I should stick to that for 6 sessions before attempting the bike classes or lifting weights again.
I need that adrenaline rush so cant wait for the time to pass.

I really like the gym; I'm retired military and used to go every day for many years until I retired (when I put weight on!) Now, I've been going 5x per week, usually in the morning, for about 2 years. I started back to the gym around the time I originally started Cambridge. I'm trying to re-lose a stone I gained after a personal loss this past winter, and the last stone I never did lose on Cambridge, using W8.

I've not been to my gym, unfortunately, since early August. First, I tripped and fell down the stairs and very badly sprained my left ankle; then was traveling out of the country for about a month. Once I got back home, I had liposuction on my upper thighs and "muffin-tops" in mid-September, and am still healing up from that so- no gym yet. But I see my consultant the Friday and hope I'm given the all-clear to start back gently. I really miss it!

Normally, I do cardio for 60-75 minutes per day, and then some weight machines for about 20 mins or so. For cardio, I do treadmill/reclining bike/rower/cross-trainer/step machine. I also occasionally go to classes. For weight machines, I tend to do the leg and hip machines, as I do some dumbells at home.

I like or love:
step class (but not the complicated ones!)
treadmill
stepper
weight machines

Don't particularly like:
rower (but will do it as it's really good for burning calories)

Hate:
upright bikes

I do like pilates and yoga, but don't like the classes at my gym.

I just love the spin classes doing at least 3 x 45mins sessions per week followed by 3 x 1hour sessions of body pump.
I also have a ‘when I’m well’ circuit programme that I do on my ‘rest’ days.

I go to JJB which is fab and has a wide variety of classes and they are really open to new ideas and change. The timetable changes regularly so things that aren’t well attended are taken off and new things added.
There are two JJB gyms in the town that I live in which both offer slightly different things so I switch between the two.

Hope you are back in the gym soon

Spoke to one of the instructors’ of the spin class yesterday and he said he is happy for me to come back in his class……….yippee!! He just asks that I take it easy and not up the gears or sprit. The class starts at 7pm can’t wait.

Wenczmastah do you hook up with anyone at the gym? Because I attend classes I have formed a few gym friendships which is great as we support each other during the class. It just makes the classes’ low key as we always have a laugh.

Whey hey I survived my first spin class in just over 3 months. I kept going for the 45 mins and more or less upped the gears as instructed………I was sooooooooooo tired at the end but it was worth it.
I’m a bit sore today I’ll need to use my gel seat for a while until my butt toughens up again.

i so love my bodypump class but i was just getting the hang of the routine and it was changed last week.

Whey hey I survived my first spin class in just over 3 months. I kept going for the 45 mins and more or less upped the gears as instructed………I was sooooooooooo tired at the end but it was worth it.
I’m a bit sore today I’ll need to use my gel seat for a while until my butt toughens up again.

I started spinning 2 months ago. I go once a week and it is tough sometimes but really great. I love to visualise the melting away of the fat cells in my thghs with each revolution! I used to keep thinking I must get a gel seat but never got round to it and now it seems I've toughed up so I don't need one anymore. Spinning is great!:cool:

i LOVE the gym i go 3/4 times a week for about 90 mins a sesh and it's great! but i really can't do spinning it makes me feel like i never want to move again afterwards..you spinners deserve a medal!

I started spinning 2 months ago. I go once a week and it is tough sometimes but really great. I love to visualise the melting away of the fat cells in my thghs with each revolution! I used to keep thinking I must get a gel seat but never got round to it and now it seems I've toughed up so I don't need one anymore. Spinning is great!:cool:

Quote from Allyday LOVE the gym i go 3/4 times a week for about 90 mins a sesh and it's great! but i really can't do spinning it makes me feel like i never want to move again afterwards..you spinners deserve a medal!

I think initially spinning is a bit like Marmite you either love it or hate it. Then it becomes so addictive…………………….I just don’t feel right if I haven’t done at least 3 classes a week.
…………let the fat cells melt away…………

I Started back at the gym last night and have to say really feel good this morning!!

There was a spinning class going on in the gym, dam its crazy fast! I couldnt believe how fast they cycle... mad!! I think if im feeling bit more confident in a few weeks might give it a go myself eeek!!

xxx

Yep , I love the gym...my local is JJB too...it keeps me fit, strong and lean...and the endorphin rushes are incredible...cannot stress how important exercise is when maintaining or losing weight...it is a MUST!

Spin class and the indoor rower are my fave cardio workouts...

Back