ProPoints Enough is enough - this weight has got to go!!!

Well dinner was a disaster. Don't buy peking lemon sauce from Sainsburys, it is tasteless and horrible :( I couldn't even eat it, which is saying something for me :( So, I picked out the quorn pieces and had about a bite of two of rice, going to count it as 3. My neighbour has ordered dominos pizza to our flat so when it comes I am going to eat 2 slices of meateor, which I am counting at 8 points each. I have just eaten a raw carrot, and if I'm still hungry after that I will have an apple! What a weird dinner :eek:

So total for today is 35 :(
Weeklies used: 9
Weeklies balance: 24 :rant2:

Does not leave me many vodka points lol Sunday is going to have to be a non festive day for me; no wine with the family and no treats at the funfair. Never mind. Will just try to get through it and enjoy myself without the treats :/

This post is meant to be here!!!

Had a sneaky WI this morning and I am still 10st 12lbs??? Why aren't I losing anything?! Head, meet wall...:(

right missy stop scale hopping one day to the nxt it will tell u a different weight a stay STS or a gain n sometimes a loss. i no its so tempting but jus hang on in there until wi day.
i agree with jaly sunday have lots of free foods a fruit salad or free soup or i find chicken breast 4pp and jus loads of stirfried veg is fillin then that leave u points for some wine or treats.
sorry to hear about ur dinner but weldone for pointing the pizza which i bet was gawjus..

glad to hear Isla is on the mend but sorry 2 here ur gettin it! i feel terrible with main so god only knows how poor lucas felt :(
xxx

SammieAnn87 said:
right missy stop scale hopping one day to the nxt it will tell u a different weight a stay STS or a gain n sometimes a loss. i no its so tempting but jus hang on in there until wi day.
i agree with jaly sunday have lots of free foods a fruit salad or free soup or i find chicken breast 4pp and jus loads of stirfried veg is fillin then that leave u points for some wine or treats.
sorry to hear about ur dinner but weldone for pointing the pizza which i bet was gawjus..

glad to hear Isla is on the mend but sorry 2 here ur gettin it! i feel terrible with main so god only knows how poor lucas felt :(
xxx

Agree be strict and weigh just once a week Hun xxx

Stop scale hopping...:whip: all it does it mess around with your head, it's just not worth it hun

Next week I have the option of either getting weighed after 5 days or waiting until the following week to get weighed however I know if i only get weighed after 5 days, chances are I might not see what i want to see on the scales so I think I might have to do the long haul and skip a week x

I just feel so frustrated :( I will try and be really good over the weekend and stay away from the nasty scales. I have been trying to lose weight for so long now, I feel like nothing works, although this is honestly the most committed I have been for a long time...a while back I would have eaten the pizza and thought to myself, oh well, I've lost it now - might as well raid the fridge! I do struggle with alcohol....rightly or wrongly I do enjoy a drink and find it hard to imagine my life without having the odd to drink to let my hair down, but it does such bad things to me! I've stopped drinking wine more or less, a glass (or bottle) of red wine is something I really enjoy and although WW advocates that you can eat/drink what you want on WW I know red wine is dangerous for me, so I've chosen to completely cut it out for the time being. Just feel like this :sigh:

Today's plan is thus:

Milk - 3
B: Usual. - 4
L: 1 ww wrap with ham and extra light mayo (5). Packet of quavers (2). Apple. 1 ww yogurt. - 8
D: Salmon en croute (10pp), swede and BNS mash, broccoli and carrots.. - 11
TOTAL: 26
WEEKLIES USED: 0
WEEKLIES BALANCE: 24

Not sure if I will have a vodka tonight or tomorrow night yet. Depends what we do! :)

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with liking a drink luv lol!
I love my wine not keen on red I love my white n rose..not fussy me weather its an expensive bottle or cheap lambrini lol! But wine makes me feel crap the day after n I jus wanna eat everything in site!!
If u wanna use ur weeklies ALL on vodka u can do that babe coz that is what they are there for... U are doing great sweet ur losing weight. I have noticed on WW it doesn't come off as fast BUT we no we r doing it the healthy way.
Chin up hun
Xxx

I like a drink when I have one and especially when we go out however at home, I think I could take it or leave it. I think that has more to with my upbringing and the destruction alcohol has had on my life really. I know I would be just as happy with having a nice cup of hot choc and a curly wurly watching xfactor tomorrow night but my hubby doesnt really like it when I dont have a glass of wine at the side of me on a saturday night... I think that's because it's not the same drinking on your own! My hubby often has a glass most evenings during the week but I don't and I doubt i ever will... I guess I should count my self lucky that it doesn't bother me but then I have other demons to face with food instead!!

You will get to your target hun if you keep battling away... it's not easy but we are all here to support you x

Thanks Sammie and Becky :)

My OH likes a drink, he definately influences my drinking habits. I can happily have one or two evenings a week where I drink, but OH would like more I think. Or, he drinks to excess whereas I like to get a little bit drunk and then stop. I don't really eat chocolate, cakes or sweets, I'm much more a savoury person so the things I have to avoid are stuff like nuts, crisps, anything with melted cheese on it (drool) and carby things! I do quite a good job of avoiding those, so drink is my only vice I suppose. Well, that and smoking, which I'm ashamed to confess :eek: I will get a handle on it one day, just feel like I'm under so much stress with uni and day to day life that now is not the time for me to try and quit. I've been horrible with Isla these last two days. I'm ashamed to confess I swore at her this morning I am so stressed :(

Aaawww hun!
Listen its not easy when ur not well looking after kids they dnt understand that u jus need quite and rest! I no how bad u feel babe coz I have ben there hun dnt feel too bad about it! Just give her a massive hug and say sorry! Ur not the only mum whose done it I have! And after I did it I sobbed coz I'm like its not his fault!
Jus give ur gawjus girl a massive hug!
When I'm havin a bad day nothing cheers me up more than hugs and snuggles on the sofa with lucas! I sit and moan to him and he doesn't understand but jus knowing he loves me so much jus relaxs me!
Chin up missy it'll b ok xxxxx

claireyfairey said:
Thanks Sammie and Becky :)

My OH likes a drink, he definately influences my drinking habits. I can happily have one or two evenings a week where I drink, but OH would like more I think. Or, he drinks to excess whereas I like to get a little bit drunk and then stop. I don't really eat chocolate, cakes or sweets, I'm much more a savoury person so the things I have to avoid are stuff like nuts, crisps, anything with melted cheese on it (drool) and carby things! I do quite a good job of avoiding those, so drink is my only vice I suppose. Well, that and smoking, which I'm ashamed to confess :eek: I will get a handle on it one day, just feel like I'm under so much stress with uni and day to day life that now is not the time for me to try and quit. I've been horrible with Isla these last two days. I'm ashamed to confess I swore at her this morning I am so stressed :(

You sound just like me Hun,love a glass or two of wine...in fact love a bottle!lol that's my downside I think get to the weekend and alcohol is first thing I think of on the nights,and would pick nuts crisps cheesy things over choc any day!
Xxx

Thanks Sammie and Claire :grouphugg:

Feeling a bit glum this evening, seems like no-one's free and not sure we can get a babysitter tonight so looks like I'm stuck in being bored :( To drink vodka to cheer myself up or not? That is the question...

Well, my friend came round last night and a lot of vodka was consumed! Feeling a bit rough today but so far all I've eaten is some scrambled eggs and tinned tomatoes. I may try some soup in a bit and am having tuna pasta later. So hopefully not too much damage done! Will have a pro points day tomorrow before wi :)

Okay, today's plan:

Milk - 3
B: Pears, grapes and 1 ww yogurt. - 1
L: 3 quorn fillets, loads of veg and gravy. 330ml glass of red wine. - 12
D: Jacket potato, tin tuna with extra light mayo. Salad. 10 black olives. - 10
TOTAL: 26
WEEKLIES USED: 0
WEEKLIES BALANCE: 0

Today is carnival and xmas lights day, hence the wine :) Everyone else is having roast beef for lunch, I am having quorn because it's lower in points and no potatoes or pud! I know it's the wine with the family I'll miss the most hence why I'm factoring it in :)

What wine are you drinking hun? A bottle (750ml) works out at 19pp so if you're having half I would call it 10pp. If you found an extra pp from somewhere you could have a curly wurly later ;-) x

Thanks Becky :) I walked for half an hour also today so had 2 cheeky roast parsnips with my dinner! Yum yum x

Back