Enough syns?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jamhulio, 14 September 2008 Social URL.

1. jamhulio

jamhulio Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    can anyone give some advice. Will it affect my loss if I don't use all my syns, have only had 20 syns since wednesday (average 4-5 per day), Think I'm frightened to use syns but do eat a lot of free foods

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Id say try and use a few more, the reason I say this is two fold, if you dont use them you are more likely to feel deprived and go totally off the rails and secondly, if you hit a plateau and you need to cut back then your syns are the first thing to go, but if you haven't been having them you can't then cut them out! xxx

4. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    I have read other people advising that you use all your sins to start off with, so that you can drop them if / when weight loss slows down. makes sense to me, although some days I just don't want to eat 15 sins...

5. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    Tee hee...this weekend, obviously, i have eaten a zillion sins...but normally I find it quite tricky!

6. jamhulio

jamhulio Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks everyone, you're right, i'll try and use my syns and then if I plateau I can cut back

7. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Kjs1628, I am so happy to hear someone else is on my team, "The zillion syns crew", lol I wonder if we'll lose much this week ha ha!

8. snow_white78

snow_white78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have just started (been doing sw two weeks) and I haven't been having enough syns either - about 5 per day, going to try and have my 15 a day this week, reluctant to eat crisps and choc as once i start i may not stop lol!

9. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

eat some crisps!!! ;)

10. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

no go for the chocolate hehe :D im craving some today. i find it hard to have my syns sometimes. i find i only get them all if i snck on chocolate in the day otherwise i just get afew with dinner

11. missymoos&mrmagoosmum

missymoos&mrmagoosmum Full Member

Diet:
    slimmingworld???weight watchers???
    lol sis u can always share your syns with meeeeeeeeeeeee he he as mine mostly go on red wine of a weekend so feel free to pop over midweek with some of yours infact i'll swap you your syns for my daughter so there you go fares fare a niece for say chocolate lol

12. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use mine for sauces. Last night I had a Blue Dragon one with loads of noodles and some chicken and mushrooms. It was lovely! I also spend my syns on mayo and BBQ sauce.

13. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

what if you was to alternate between 5 syns and 15 a day would that boost ya loss atall??

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.