Episode IX - A New Week Begins!

Well, amazingly, I am still in ketosis! Obviously, I'm chuffed as nuts, but a little worried that my brain is now going to start telling me that I can get away with eating that sort of junk.

I've got my first weigh in in 2 weeks tomorrow and would love to see at least 7 lbs come off, but with totm and mini binges, I can't see that happening.

I'm going to try to stick with it today, although I've not woken with a positive head on. I'm running late - I'll be back later

x

Well, thanks for your positive comments girls - your post was very helpful Sarah - it's great to know that I'm not alone, and your experience of regaining the weight is something that I am terrified of doing myself.

When I consider what I was capable of eating before I started CD, the food I scoffed yesterday really wasn't too dreadful, and more to the point, as soon as I had posted, I stopped eating. Now, for me, that is an acheivement. I wonder if it is the 'power of posting'? I ate in secret yesterday, hiding the wrappers at the bottom of the bin, but as soon as I wrote my confessional on here, I stopped.

Well done on your 3 stone acheivement Mocha :happy036: How tall are you? I am aiming for between 10 7 and 11 stone as my goal, and started at the same weight as you, so I'm guessing you are around 5'7". When I reached 11 stone on my 'divorce diet', 9 years ago, I looked gaunt in the face, so I'm trying to keep a flexible attitude toward my goal. I think my real goal has nothing to do with the scales - size 12 jeans will do me just fine, irrelevant of what the scales say.

I hope your toe is a bit better Nikki, although I have a feeling it won't be. I reckon you should buy yourself the dress - hang it on the outside of your wardrobe to remind yourself of where you are going to be in a few weeks.

I was wondering last night where you were Chika! Was your date everything you hoped for? Did you manage to burn a few calories?;)
Get back on track, you know you can do this and your body loves this diet, even if your mind isn't so keen!

I'm going to resign from one of my contracts today - I have very mixed feelings about it as it is regular income, but the amount of travelling involved is just too much and sitting in traffic is knocking down my hourly rate. I'm dreading telling the company, but I have to be fair to myself and my family. Since I started this one, my mum has been having Isobel till late most days, and that is not fair on anyone.

I think I have waffled enough this morning. I really must go and get some work done.

Have a great day all

A
x

Amber I am 5'5". I originally chose a goal that was at the high end of healthy BMI because at the time I never thought I'd see that goal anyway!

Now I feel I WILL get there, so I am thinking of adjusting the goal depending on how I feel when I reach it. 10st 7lbs will give me a BMI of 24.5.

Ideally, if it feels right, I would like to get to a BMI of 22.5 that would be 9st 9lbs for me. I haven't been that weight in my adult life, so it might be unrealistic. We'll see, I'm going to concentrate on 10st 7lbs for now :)

Well done Mocha! You are sooo close Just imagine your Christmas outfit!

Thanks Amber, it was great. To be honest with you it wasnt really a date date, we just watched DVDs had a takeaway with his younger brother - went for a drive (he has a cool car) and then went to bed and cuddles all night. No cals were burnt if you get what I mean but I'm very happy and I did the whole lying there in the morning and watching him sleep. I think I'm in love!

Don;t worry about the contract Amber, I don't think any amount of money is worth missing out on quality time with your lass. Let us know how it goes!

Glad your date was good Chika - us girls fall in love so easily! Mind you, I find it pretty easy to fall out of it too!

Mocha - you are going to be so close to your goal by Christmas - if not have acheived it! Keep going - you can do it!

I've popped in a couple of charity shops on my travels and bought a dress (which I may cut down to a top as my calves still look like I borrowed them from a rugby player and a Jigsaw jacket, which I love!

I'm also in a bit of shock. I went for my first bikini wax today. Apart from the pain factor, I went in for a Brazilian and came out with a Hollywood!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm in shock and not sure what my partner is going to say.

Not given notice on my contract yet - putting it off as I need to get some payment sorted first (or because I am a coward).

Dietwise, not bad. Not much water and just started my first soup. Will have to do some serious glugging later.

Hope you're all having a good day.

Hi everyone,really bad day in work, can't wait till Friday then I am off for a month... sounds awful when I have only been back 3 weeks. Diet not too bad today, although really suffering with toe/foot and really bad period pains!! Weight is going up not down, and just feeling really naff and want to eat...Sorry to put a downer on this thread!! Chika you go girl... sounds like fun.. come on Mocha you can do it... Sarah hun, day 2 keep it up.. Amber hey hey hollywood!!

Evening all!

Chika, I hope your day is going well. Glad you had a great weekend with your new fella. What a lovely night it sounded, the just lying there business is the best bit. Although the rest can be fun too ;).

Mocha, well done on reaching your mini goal. Enjoy the feeling ;). It is mad enjoying feeling empty, I used be frightened of feeling hungry. I think when you get closer to goal you will have a better understanding of what feels good for you and the numbers will sort themselves out :D

Amber, how you doing hun? Sorry you're having a bad time and I hope you get your courage up soon and give your notice in, if you feel like that's the right thing then it will all come together, honest!

What's a Hollywood??? :confused:

Nikki, you could never put a downer on this thread. That's the whole point of it. We're here for you! Roll on Friday, then just think of all that free time - whoohooo! Any news on the job you applied for? Fingers crossed that all comes off for you because you deserve it :D.

I'm doing pretty well indeed. Day 2 and no hunger. I think my body is pretty ketosis friendly - I go in and out at the drop of a hat! I've dropped 5lbs on the scales since yesterday, but I'm still 5lbs away from the lowest I got to a few weeks ago. I feel I am on a roll at the moment. Although I am hoping to go out on Thursday night and this weekend my lovely friend Cheryl (Pandora) is coming to visit. No decisions made and no stress being felt!

Nikki, please don't eat. I know I gave in yesterday due to totm too but I was lucky to get away with it!

The scales are probably only showing a gain due to water retention. You've been doing so well, try not to let give in. You must be feeling so rough at the moment - can you take a day off and give yourself a bit of a break? You really sound like you need cheering up honey :hug99:

Just bought my christmas dress (not the one I tried on):-

What do you think:-

beadedhaltergf7.jpg

beadedhalter3tx0.jpg

Click on the attachments to make them go bigger, and I have another goal added... might give me a kick up the bum!!

Love

Wow, that is beautiful. Where did you get it from?

I don't think I'm going anywhere nice enough to wear something like that - the most glam I get is out clubbing with the girls!

Now, surely you don't want to eat Nikki...........

Ebay, I was looking for something sophisicated with a bit of sexy too!!!

I don't want to eat... honest....hhhrrrmmmm

Will be better when I have received it... I'll let you know but it had better be lovely!

Love

Sophisticated and sexy - you hit the nail on the head there! It is stunning! We want pics of you wearing it. I never find gorgeous dresses like that on ebay - although I did find a nice one in a charity shop today for £4! lol

Just back from my weigh in and I've lost 4.5 lbs, although this is 2 weeks weight loss as I didn't get weighed last week. TOTM is due, so hopefully will have a good result next week too, providing I stop filling my face......

I'm now exactly half way on my ticker - I has to be all downhill from here....

Quiet on here today. I'm at home because Isobel has croup again! I thought it was something that babies get, and she is 6 1/2 now!

I was still thinking about handing my notice on my contract, when the company phoned me to offer more work. My mouth went into overdrive whilst I explained the reasons I wanted to give the job up, despite me really enjoying it, and the upshot is that they don't want to lose me from the team!! I have to send her a list of the areas I want to keep and those I definitely don't want, and they will do their best to accomodate me!

I'm thrilled. It will still mean a few long days each month, but nowhere near as many, which I can cope with.

Back