Erm's Photo Diary

Will definately be trying those falafels at some point, they look yummy! Maybe with a bit of your hummus :) you have some really good ideas ermintrude x

Nooo the falfels came straight outta the recipe book! :eek: The hummus was my concoction tho :D

I haven't been keeping up...

Monday 01st August - Green
Breakfast: Coffee & toast (1 HEXA & 1 HEXB, 2 syns)
Lunch: WW wrap stuffed with cheese, salad and jalapenos with mixed veggies on the side (5 syns for wrap, 1 HEXA for cheese)
Tea: Back to boringness as I havent time to cook today:
Quorn Sundried Tomato Fillet (0.5 syns), with jalapeno hummus and salad.
Snacks: Apples, tomatoes, Quorn slices.

6002405887_f7f7aca90c_o.jpg

More boringness:

Tuesday 02nd - Green
Breakfast: Coffee & toast (1 HEXA & 1 HEXB, 2 syns)
Lunch: WW wrap stuffed with cheese, salad and jalapenos with mixed veggies on the side (5 syns for wrap, 1 HEXA for cheese)
Tea: Stir Fry with Amoy Straight to Wok Noodles (free)
Snacks: Apple, Pineapple in Coconut Muller, another Coconut Muller, oh and a Muller cheesecake (1 syn) :D

6005063596_5ce0631245_o.jpg

6004517907_61e0829be8_o.jpg

Hopefully interesting food next time, its japanese pancakes for tea :)

Ermintrude, you've just become my foodie angel. I've not seen this thread before, I don't normally check out the diaries to be honest. Your pics look lovely and the recipes to accompany are brilliant. It all looks lovely. Consider me a subscriber!!!

Hels x

Yeah the fritters were a bit of a faff, not sure its worth making them again. The potato cakes were better really.

Seriously, chuck jalapenos in instead of chillies, whizz them up or squash them in a garlic press or something, its the smoky vinegary thing that makes it so yum! Im making that bean stew again tonight! :)

Gotta stash load of chipotle paste from Waitrose the other day. You can get all sorts of different brands of it on ebay, although I've not seen the Discovery one.

Wednesday 03rd - Green
Breakfast: Coffee, Pineapple with coconut Mullerlight (1 HEXA)
Lunch: carrot & sugarsnap salad with veggies (1 syn for Hoi Sin sauce)
Tea: Vietnamese pancakes with Ginger & lime dipping sauce and salad (Mushroom banh khoai) 10 syns for rice flour, 3 syns for sugar (in sauce and pancake)

OHHHH my GODDDD this was GAWJUS!!! :eek: I was *so* not impressed as I was cooking it as it was such a faff, I couldnt get it the right size or thickness to roll over without breaking, then I couldn't get the round lettuce to not break up so had to use Romaine. I tested a bit and thought it tasted really boring, as did the sauce on its own - but Ohhhhh MYYYYY *together* they are DIVIIIINE...! :eek: :drool:

It' s supposed to be finger food (a lot smaller than I managed to make it :confused: :D ), you eat it wrapped in the lettuce and dip it in the sauce between each mouthful and the pancake just soaks up the sauce, the mix of chilli, soy and sweetness just ohhh Im slavering thinking about it!

The b/f refused to get messy eating it like finger food, stuck it on his plate, drizzled a measly tablespoon of sauce on it and ate it with a knife & fork the true, miserable, British way :mad: His loss! I got truly messy and loved it! :cool: Id make it again but with a different filling, its the pancake and the sauce that make it really. And I need practise at the right size/thickness :D

Snacks: Apples, satsumas, greengage, leftover hummus & salad, 3 Mini Babybel light (1 HEXA), 1 Muller cheesecake (1 syn).

6007846301_c6196237bd_o.jpg

6008393226_01c3214e72_o.jpg

This is the sauce:

6008393290_867f345687_o.jpg

And this is my pretty inept and messy attempt at the pancake :D :

6007846363_4ebafe1528_o.jpg

But together, ommmmmm:

6008393376_ea5ffbec52_o.jpg

Very faffy though. Not an everyday meal. Needs practise! :D

It all looks amazing, such interesting food.

Thank you for the recipes. I will be making the butternut squash recipe tomorrow.

I eat mainly green and mostly meat free so I am loving your diary.

May I be a regular visitor please ???

mm the pancake sauce combo looks and sounds great! Vietnamese food is delish - and unlike thai there's not too much coconut going on so better syn-wise
...wanders off to find Vietnamese cookbook....

Thursday 05th - Green
Breakfast: Coffee & toast (1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns)
Lunch: Snacky salad - bit of hummus, carrots, salad, fruit. Free.
Tea: Smoky black bean stew, 0.5 syns for chipotle paste (tbh it worked out a quaretr of a syn so not worth bothering really!)
Did it same as before but didn't whizz it, thinking Id give my body a bit of digesting to do :D Yummy but not so good as last time. I think you do need to whizz the tomatoes and spice/onion base even i you chuck the beans in whole. Still diviiiine with the sweetcorn relish though, the spicy, crunchy, chillied sweetcorn mixing in is deffo what makes it, ommm :)
Snacks: Apples, pear, greengages, blackberries in coconut Muller (this is a gorgeous mix btw! Better than the pineapple!) 1 Muller cheesecake (1 syn)

OK boring pic but it was really yummy! :D

6011587088_1bde21ee55_o.jpg

And here's my yummy stew again:

6011587152_d18c99046e_o.jpg

6011037197_9a05a14e42_o.jpg

Gonna try SW butterbean burger tonight I think :)

Chipotle sauce would be fine, no need to make it specifically paste. :)

Friday 05th - Green
Breakfast: Coffee and toast (1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns)
Lunch: Waitrose chipotle bean chilli ready meal (3.5 syns) with mixed veggies. (This was YUK, SO not worth the syns :( )
Tea: SW carrot, coriander & butter bean burger with spicy sweet wedges & salad. Free, but rubbish. Really, really dry. The recipe said to serve with cheese in a bun but tbh they would have been better just grating the cheese and adding it to the burger mix. 50g grated low fat halloumi would have really moistened this up. If I did it again (which I probably won't) I'd warm it up in the oven in foil and then just take the foil off for the last 5 min to crisp up. 20 min+ in the oven dried it to death, but then my oven is crap...
Snacks: Pear, greengages, Quorn slices, satsumas. And the Saturday vino which I opened :eek: So I have to be On Plan Saturday now :(

6014402614_150571b672_o.jpg

6014402702_db317cc4cb_o.jpg

Is it not syns though? How much would you use? x

The Discovery paste is 1/2 a syn for a tablespoon. I only use 2 tsp amd it feeds 2-3 people so the syns are too negligible to count. I cant imagine the sauce would be a great deal different.

Awww shame that the bean burger was so dry, it looks delicious though!

Back