Erm's Photo Diary

Hmm well pasta or not I have definitely put *some* on, but I expected that with the birthday and everything. Just hope most of it is gone again by Weds... :sigh:

Awww Ermintrude, so many sad faces in your post :hug99:

Don't worry too much, just look forward and keep on keeping on. When we go away on holiday I always do an online order to be delivered on the evening we get home so there's always something to eat. It's also worth bulk buying a few staples like canned plum tomatoes, beans, frozen spinach etc. DH always says if we're ever snowed in we'd have enough food for a month! If you are interested I can give you my recipe for 15 minute pasta sauce, it's great for emergencies.

I know what you mean about not being bothered. Staying on plan, being creative in the kitchen, constantly thinking of your 1/3 superfree and just SW in general can be exhausting. Even though you may not fancy a crisp sandwich as much as you would something like your delicious puy lentil salad, you may just want what you used to eat. Easy and familiar. I feel that way sometimes.

Take care of yourself Erm, I find that the best thing to get me out of a weight loss funk is to cook up a favourite comfort food, SW style, and not worry about anything else. Just eat and enjoy!

Thanks honey :) am just finishing my Tesco order for tomorrow now so hopefully some cooking again next week. I did make an order to turn up the afternoon I planned to get back but then never really got around to setting a menu for this week so there was only really bread & milk & basics on it and I didnt really fancy the delivery charge for that measly amount! I do have beans and rice and pasta and stuff in but nothing fresh to make with it, no superfree. The b/f basically gives up once Im not here. There's a bunch of spring onions and 1 apple left, I mean seriously...? :rolleyes:

Soooo today I have been absolutely RAVENOUS and theres no superfree in the house. So I had 50/50 Kingsmill with the crusts shopped off for brekkie, followed by the solitary apple. Then Spicy Mexican Uncle Ben's and some Quorn slices for lunch (wooo great combo! :D ) (ALSO found I'd got the wrong Uncle Ben's AGAIN at 5 syns or summat) Then I was still starving this afternoon so had 2 Quorn burgers and a tin of mushy peas!

Random food combo or what! :jelous: Still, goes to show how much my superfree usually fills me up! :sigh: Never thought Id be so glad to see a vegetable!

Am now off to consruct a Quorn curry for tea out of whatever I can find!

Tomorrow normal service will resume :cool:

Oh never mind it Erms. Just put it away and move on and you'll have that gain off in no time. bread is always a killer for me and with crisp and butter mmmmmm lethal ..... But lovely. By the way that halloumi is totally addictive!!!! Love it and now have another new food added to my regular buys. Xxxxx

Well it looks like it was mostly water! :) Went for a MASSIVE pee FOUR TIMES last night :eek: (I know, I know, TMI... :eek: :D ) And this morning I've lost 2 and a half of those 3 pounds so all should be on target for Weds! *happy dance*

I knew I meant to ask you something, what is halloumi? x

It's a sort of cheese, looks a bit like Feta but it's more solid, and it doesn't melt so its good for grilling and stuff. I think its from Cyprus. Its nice if you grill/fry it so its quite crispy/chewy.

ermintrude said:
Well it looks like it was mostly water! :) Went for a MASSIVE pee FOUR TIMES last night :eek: (I know, I know, TMI... :eek: :D ) And this morning I've lost 2 and a half of those 3 pounds so all should be on target for Weds! *happy dance*

I can't "like" on my phone so here is a "like" in physical form. :)

YAY Ermintrude!!!! Fingers crossed for weigh in! :D

Oh I meant to thank you for introducing me to harissa paste! I can't get enough of the stuff, it's amazing on chicken! Tried it on mackerel yesterday and it was goregous so will try it on cod tomorrow. I've turned into a harissa fiend!

It's a sort of cheese, looks a bit like Feta but it's more solid, and it doesn't melt so its good for grilling and stuff. I think its from Cyprus. Its nice if you grill/fry it so its quite crispy/chewy.
thank you :D I've not had harissa paste either, so must try that too.. is it really spicy?

Fingers crossed for wednesday :D if you can do another wee like that you'll be well on your way to a huge loss :D xxxxx

thank you :D I've not had harissa paste either, so must try that too.. is it really spicy?

Fingers crossed for wednesday :D if you can do another wee like that you'll be well on your way to a huge loss :D xxxxx

Only two wees last night so half a pound back on :D Its looking like a STS this week or maybe a tiny gain but hopefully not too bad. Going superfree mad today tho i think, I reckon Im gonna make a massive curried veggie casserole tonight.

The harissa comes in different strengths depending on brand. The Sainsbury's one's quite mild, you could easily eat a tbsp on one chicken breast. The Al'Fez one is little bit stronger.

I found a recipe yesterday to make your own so I might try that too, then you can have it as spicy as you like :) Looks pretty easy to do.

OK, we are back on plan! :cool:

Nothing special cooking today tho, same as I've had the last 3 or 4 Sats in a row :D

Saturday 14th - Red
Breakfast: Coffee and toast (1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns)
Lunch:WW wrap stuffed with salad & cheese with mixed veggies 5 syns for wrap, 1 HEXA for cheese.
Tea: Spanish kebabs witn spicy swede wedges and salad. 0.5 syns for marinade. Superfree chips sooooooooo rock!!!! :cool:
Snacks: Pineapple chunks in coconut Muller light; apple; 4 Finn crisp with 3 Laughing Cow Light (HEXB + 3 syns for Finn crisps & laughing cow; 1 Muller cheesecake (1 syn). But NO VINO as I have been BAD at my mum's for the last few days :eek: :mad:

My Saturdays ALWAYS look like this now :eek: :

6042467100_6944fa52d1_o.jpg

Okay I HAVE to try these kebabs! They look so good, just need to refresh my memory of the recipe lol. Now just to fin that magazine...

You know I was thinking you could use those mung bean wraps for your lunch and save yourself 5 syns! Do you put anything on your toast in the morning? Just being nosey :D

Kebabs! :
(Rick Stein uses this for four chicken breasts but I like my stuff to have plenty of flavour so I use it for two. I nearly always double spice mixes/flavours unless its from someone a bit less, er, establishment ;) He also uses loads of oil, I cant remember how much, but I use just a little bit to help it stick to the chicken. Then I pad it out with peppers or onion or whatever to make it look like loads and fill up my superfree :) )

2 chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp each of cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds.
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil

- Whizz the spice seeds in a grinder (or toast them & crush in a P&M) (If you havent got either ground spices will be OK, just less flavoursome)
- Put the garlic in the P&M, add a tsp of salt and crush down to a paste (you can just use a garlic crusher but its much better as a proper paste)
- Put the chicken in a bowl, add the garlic paste and pepper and mix really well to coat. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well to coat again and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably overnight.

Theyre best straight under the grill tbh (actually preferably straight off the BBQ!), gets the spices nice and dry and crispy and the chicken succulent. (But then I have a 'sweaty' oven that means all the spices go sort of damp :( )

Yeah I put some mung beans in to soak tonight actually so hopefully I can have a go at the wrap maybe Tuesday! That will be ace, saving me syns! :)

My toast I have with *lashings* of Marmite :D I share 2 measly tsp low fat spread between 3 slices of toast and then put about 2 tbsp Marmite on each one :eek: I dont expect its doing much for my blood pressure, but hey, Im getting plenty of B vitamins! :D

OMG 2 tbsp on EACH toast?! I don't think I'll ever get over that :eek: I use the teeniest scraping of Vegemite! You probably gag at the thought of Vegemite, seems to be a marmite/Vegemite war going on out there lol!

Aw thanks so much for posting the recipe I'll definitely try it this week! I may even put them on a stick! Oh imagine them in a nice thick mung bean wrap with a crisp refreshing salad on the side. Drool....

Heh heh well, its at least 1 tbsp :eek:

V*g*m*te, wash your mouth out!!! :eek:

Yeah Im getting a bit bored of sticks, oooh yes might try the mung bean wrap, great idea, ommmm... shredded chicken in that spice mix... with a smidgen of Total 2% yoghurt and a bit of salad... or mango salsa... ooooooooh that's next Saturday sorted!!! :)

Back