Erm's Photo Diary

Oooh I love pickled beetroot, not too fussed on the vacuum pack stuff!

Hmmm I think my SU needs to go shopping to Waitrose soon lol! Oooh in fact Wheelchair services is not too far so it won't even be a special trip!

Aw poo, mine is from Tesco. Well it's still free in my mind. I've never been to waitrose but the more I read about it on here the more I fancy a look around the shop. Will wait til we aren't skinto before I suggest a visit :D

It is expensive for a lot of things, but not everything, and they do an Essential range that price matches Tesco. It's just that they stock a lot of poash stuff that you just wouldnt find somewhere like Tesco/Asda.

In fact the sweetfire is exactly the same price when I look, £1.49 for a 180g box.

We are going into town later and bf has agreed to a nose around waitrose! Anything else I should check out while I'm there? :)

dirtydancing said:
hope your keeping well erm.:bighug: missing you. Made your veg chlli again it is one of my favs now.

Hope you're ok too xxx
Mmmm veg chilli will have to see if I can find it x

Eeeeee Im all so behind! Been somewhat chaotic and off plan. Not many piccies. muchos beer :rolleyes:

Friday 02nd Mar Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Chicken & veg stew, carrot & chickpea mix leftovers 3.5 syns for butter & oil
Tea: Venison & coconut curry 6 syns for coconut & coconut water
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, carrot, sweetfire beetroot, wiiiiiiine oh crap knows how many syns that was :rolleyes:

NOM!!!! This was gooood, not so much the curry bit which was fine but the venison ommmmm and the coconut ommmmmmmm!!! :drool:

6958677839_0e97025268_o.jpg

So yeaaaaahhhhhh, as I was going out Sat I had my Saturday vino Friday (yeah, logical :rolleyes: )

Saturday 03rd Mar Extra Easy

Lunch: Chicken & veg stew, 2 WW sausages 1 syn
Tea: None. Was at gig. Food had not even occurred to me til I got to the pub to meet mates beforehand and found them all scoffing burgers & chips. I abstained :cool: And, ah, restricted myself to the beerio... :whistle:
Snacks: Carrots snap peas, baby corn. A LOT of beer. Gah! :mad:

beer.jpg

Sunday 04th Mar Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 1.5 syns
Lunch: Chicken & veg stew
Tea: Lamb tagine with merguez sausages 1.5 syns for oil, 3.5 syns for honey & prunes, 7.5 syns for merguez sausages. Fairly nom but not particularly worth the effort/syns.
Dessert: cheesecake 2 syns for flour & yoghurt. Pretty spewy, dont bother. :(
Snacks: Carrots, tomatoes, apple, cherries, nectarine, Quorn slices, Tesco sweetfire 3.5 syns

I'm sure there were quite a few syns in the lamb too but this was meant to be my Sat night dinner til I found out Fri I had booked months ago to go out Saturday :sigh:

6812568604_4fb3aaebfa_o.jpg

Monday 05th Mar Green

Lunch: None, out at hospital all afternoon
Tea: Er, lunch :rolleyes: Spicy root & lentil stew. Then I was still bladdy starving so I had a big tub of Total 2% with a box of blueberries and honey on top 4.5 syns
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices, Muller with cherry underlay 1.5 syns, strawberries

So no piccie as it was a spazzy lunch out of a freezer box :sigh:

Have you tried the total 0% that comes with the separate portion of honey, like a muller corner almost? You get quite a lot, I split mine with my bf and had it with chopped fruit for dessert last night :drool: I've not had the honey one cos I don't like honey, but the strawberry one is yum :)

Have you tried the total 0% that comes with the separate portion of honey, like a muller corner almost? You get quite a lot, I split mine with my bf and had it with chopped fruit for dessert last night :drool: I've not had the honey one cos I don't like honey, but the strawberry one is yum :)

Yeah but I much, much MUCH prefer the 2%, its soooooooo creamy! :eek: Just like the real thing but only 1.5 syns for a giant pot or 0.5 syns for a small pot, then I just add my own honey or whatever! Ommmmmmm!!!! :drool:

Also a little bit cheaper to do it this way :)

I'm not allowed to buy the massive pots of it cos I never eat it all! So it's actually more economical for me to get the little pots. I like the 2% stuff too but they only do the 0% one with the fruit portion. Could probably add my own fruit jam to it or something! Can you get little pots of 2%? :)

Ah right, no Ive only seen them in big pots :( They do last a coupla weeks in the fridge though even once they're opened. Haha I love it, Ive usually got 2 pots in the fridge at once :eek: Ill get 2 meals out of one pot (sauce/dips etc) and then polish the rest of for yummage :p

Nah I didn't think they did little pots of it :( See I never experiment with sauces or anything so would just be eating it as a snack, there's only so much yoghurt one girl can eat. I think I'm better off with the syn free stuff anyway, cos once I start adding Options to it the syns get quite high :eek:

Tuesday 06th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA 1 HEXB
Lunch: Chicken & veg stew 0.5 HEXB for chicken
Tea: Mexican Tomato & Bean Soup
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, tomatoes, nectarine, pear, cherries, 3 Alpen Light 0.5 HEXB & 6 syns Got all snackathonic and figured Id HEX it, totally forgot about both the toast and the damn chicken in the soup :doh:

Nommy soup though! Had two bowls so none left for lunch :(

6961459937_fc958da606_o.jpg

Mmmm soup recipe please!

Wednesday 07th Mar Green

Lunch: Randomness cheesy, basil-y mustard-y salad 1.5 syns for mustard, 1 HEXA 0.3 HEXB for Wensleydale
Tea: Veggie chilli 0.5 syns for chocolate
Snacks: Pear, cherries, nectarine, snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices. Bit of pongy cheeeeeeeese on a scrap of toast :rolleyes: 1 HEXB for bread, 0.7 HEXB & 2.5 syns for Epoisses. Nom! :drool:

6817915406_6da3db12de_o.jpg

Mmmm soup recipe please!

Spicy tomato & bean soup

Ingredients:
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 or 2 chillies, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp ground cumin
- 600ml veg stock
- 200ml passata
- 400g baby tomatoes, chopped
- 125g black beans, soaked overnight (or 1 tin, rinsed & drained)
- 2 tbsp oregano
- pinch sugar (or Splenda)
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper

Method:
- Fry onions for 5 - 10 min until soft & golden brown
- add garlic, chillies & cumin and stir for 1 min
- Add stock, passata, tomatoes, beans, oregano & sugar, season with salt & pepper and simmer, covered, for 30-40min or until beans are cooked.
- Add lime juice & season to taste

6961459937_fc958da606_o.jpg

Thanks!! :)

Back