Erm's Photo Diary

soup looks gawjus will be making some of that today. thanks.

Thursday 08th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Veggie chilli 0.5 syns for chocolate
Tea: Chicken liver curry 1.5 HEXBs for liver
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, strawberries

6820825592_1946904d78_o.jpg

Hey Erm

What does the chocolate do to the chilli? I am assuming you put it through the chilli and aren't having it as a side dish! :D I have heard of it being used before, think it was Nigella who I saw use it. Is it a particular type you have to use? I am intrigued. I like chocolate :drool: :)

I love beetroot! Sweetfire beetroot sounds too good! No waitrose near me:-(.

Hey Erm

What does the chocolate do to the chilli? I am assuming you put it through the chilli and aren't having it as a side dish! :D I have heard of it being used before, think it was Nigella who I saw use it. Is it a particular type you have to use? I am intrigued. I like chocolate :drool: :)

Oh its fabuloso! :drool: It just makes the dish much richer and smoother, deepens the flavour, ommmmm :drool:

I use it in chillies pretty much every time, and sometimes in other meaty things if they have a sharp edge. You need to use the highest cocoa you can get, and nothing sweet. Use dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or higher. You only need a square, maximum two for the whole dish so the syns are negligible anyway. I lurrrrrve chocolate chilli! Doing a chocolate chilli soup next week actually! Nom!

(In fact chilli-chocolate itself is very nom, I got some Montezuma's for the b/f for Xmas, he's quite partial to choccie! ;) )

I love beetroot! Sweetfire beetroot sounds too good! No waitrose near me:-(.

I went in there yesterday and they DIDNT HAVE ANY!!! :cry: *WAIL* Only the vacuum packed nonsense.

Boycott Waitrose til they get their sweetfire act together!

ermintrude said:
Oh its fabuloso! :drool: It just makes the dish much richer and smoother, deepens the flavour, ommmmm :drool:

I use it in chillies pretty much every time, and sometimes in other meaty things if they have a sharp edge. You need to use the highest cocoa you can get, and nothing sweet. Use dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or higher. You only need a square, maximum two for the whole dish so the syns are negligible anyway. I lurrrrrve chocolate chilli! Doing a chocolate chilli soup next week actually! Nom!

(In fact chilli-chocolate itself is very nom, I got some Montezuma's for the b/f for Xmas, he's quite partial to choccie! ;) )

Don't think I could be trusted with a whole bar in the house lol so I'll look out for the mini bars of 70% stuff and try this if I can find them. Think it sounds so good! Sometimes our chilli just tastes like a spicy bolonese, so this could really add something to it :D

That soup sounds yummy! Chocolate soup :drool:

Oh god I just looked up Montezuma. So many flavours :drool: must fight the urge to purchase.. :drool:

i must agree with the chocolate in the veg chilli, just makes the dish. have made it without choc but much prefer it with it in. it is so gawjus. :drool:

Waitrose and Hotel Chocolat both carry 100% cocoa chocolate. No sugar, no milk, just pure bitter choccie loveliness. That'd be great for chillis and things, and because it's so bitter it's not so great for nibbling (unless you love bitter foods like I do) thus removes the temptation from having it around.

Friday 09th Mar Green

Lunch: Veggie chilli 0.5 syns for chocolate
Tea:Spicy veg & puy lentil soup
Snacks: 3 Lindor eggs 5 syns, Quorn slices

6823185930_956ffd0edb_o.jpg

Waitrose and Hotel Chocolat both carry 100% cocoa chocolate. No sugar, no milk, just pure bitter choccie loveliness. That'd be great for chillis and things, and because it's so bitter it's not so great for nibbling (unless you love bitter foods like I do) thus removes the temptation from having it around.

Ooh I tried the Hotel chocolat ones once for Chrimbo pressies, I wasnt all that enamoured personally but theyd be good for cooking yeah :)

I got some 82% cocoa dark chocolate from Tesco. Having chilli for dinner tomorrow, so excited to try it with the chocolate :D just one square of it yeah? :)

Ah depends how big it is, whatever it needs really, I usually stick one or two in :) That would serve 3 or 4. Its just to smooth out the kick really :)

Eeeeee Im all so behind! Been somewhat chaotic and off plan. Not many piccies. muchos beer :rolleyes:

Friday 02nd Mar Extra Easy

Lunch: Chicken & veg stew, carrot & chickpea mix leftovers 3.5 syns for butter & oil
Tea: Venison & coconut curry 6 syns for coconut & coconut water
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, carrot, sweetfire beetroot, wiiiiiiine oh crap knows how many syns that was :rolleyes:

NOM!!!! This was gooood, not so much the curry bit which was fine but the venison ommmmm and the coconut ommmmmmmm!!! :drool:

6958677839_0e97025268_o.jpg

yum this looks delicious

Sunday 04th Mar Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 1.5 syns
Lunch: Chicken & veg stew
Tea: Lamb tagine with merguez sausages 1.5 syns for oil, 3.5 syns for honey & prunes, 7.5 syns for merguez sausages. Fairly nom but not particularly worth the effort/syns.
Dessert: cheesecake 2 syns for flour & yoghurt. Pretty spewy, dont bother. :(
Snacks: Carrots, tomatoes, apple, cherries, nectarine, Quorn slices, Tesco sweetfire 3.5 syns

I'm sure there were quite a few syns in the lamb too but this was meant to be my Sat night dinner til I found out Fri I had booked months ago to go out Saturday :sigh:

6812568604_4fb3aaebfa_o.jpg

oooh and that lamb looks delicious too. I wish we could buy fresh lamb shanks here. The last ones I bought in this gravy from Costco were rank - bleurgh I can still taste that disgusting sauce now.

Chocolate in chilli is amazing!!! So glad I tried this. And I deserve a medal for not snacking on the chocolate at all :) hehe!

Morning campers, Im still here, just slooow at keeping up to date.

Well Saturday was the first day I've not been on plan of any sort :D Normally I control either the food or the wine or at least know in advance what Im having or how bad it will be :D But Saturday was officially Cheese Fest! :p Something Ive been wanting to snaffle at for aaaaaaaages, and they say youre supposed to only try four or five cheeses at once and all this rigmarole but I thought sod it, Im having the day off, and its better to have one big bad day than lots of fairly bad days, so we went for it! :D So this week's WI is officially gonna be a write off, the scales screamed at me next morning :rolleyes: tbh it was a bit disappointing but sod it, its done now, the urge is now gone so we can get back to plan properly :)

Saturday 10th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA, 1 HEXB
Lunch: Veg & puy lentil soup
Tea: Cheese & wine fest!!!
Snacks: carrots

Cheeeeeeeese!!!!!! :drool:

6833136700_731d91a1bf_o.jpg

And accompaniments!

6979263017_e4740dcc0c_o.jpg

And, uh... Superfreeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :whistle: :8855:

6979263145_ca7d608d68_o.jpg

Back