Esource items inaccurate

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Starlight, 4 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im becoming less and less impressed with Esource the longer I use it.

I cant believe how many things are pointed wrongly in it!!! One Asda ready Meal I have is 2.5 points under on esource than when you work it out yourself.

Bottom line, if youre using it and you have the item youre counting in your tracker to hand - double check the points value.

Or are WW trying to sabotage our efforts ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Wow, that's worth knowing! Thanks Sandy!

Though I must admit, I don't trust Esource (or the Eating Out Guide for that matter) for anything...I only really use it for things I absolutely can't work out myself.

4. Anna_B

Anna_B Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Points
    esourse says cadburys mini rolls are 2 points, they are 2.5 I already don't trust it! :(

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its terrible how much you could go over your points by using their system.

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Scary eh. Though products do change a lot, so maybe that's why it's out? Maybe it just isn't updated very often??

7. omnomnom

omnomnom The mother flippin'

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting and Exercise
    I'm the same with the Eating Out guide Marie. It said Café Rouge fishcakes were 10 points but then, after I ate them, I went on the website and worked out they were 23! I should have checked first really, but I trusted the EOG. The steak was 4 points over too. I only ate one of the 2 fishcakes fortunately.

Mini likes this.
  8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Where are the cals etc on the Cafe Rouge site and Ill add it to the EO guide sticky

9. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I've noticed this too! Have to say I use my points calculator for everything I can, then this site, then Noreen's site/other websites, THEN the eating out guide/Esource lol!!!

10. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    Gosh that was a hell of a difference in the fishcakes.
    I've been thinking about getting one of the calcs....thats just made my mind up. :)
    Anyone got a link to that sparkly one that was on e-bay? LOL :D
    xx

11. omnomnom

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Took a lot of finding but the online eating out guide has the correct points, she must have gotten them off the website.

Edit: found it again. very top of the page, small writing "About".. then nutritional information.

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The online EO Guide is exactly the same points wise as my WW one for Cafe Rouge :confused:

13. omnomnom

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Is yours the 2008 one? Mine is the 2007 one so that's probably the problem. Been eating at Café Rouge for 2 years and nothing's changed so thought it would be ok :S

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. omnomnom

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Right, throwing it away! :giggle: Gonna stop being a stingy cow and buy a new one off ebay. I'll get one of those calculators too!

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    2008 one has lots more in it too, mind you you might be as well hanging off for the 2009 one :giggle:

17. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    God thats terrible! I will be using my points calculator for everything in future just to double check, you'd think as its an online tool that it would be updated daily! Maybe we should email WW and complain!! I feel sorry for the onliners that solely use Esource, they might be going over their points through no fault of their own and wonder why their weightloss is slow!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Anna_B

Anna_B Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Points
    It's the same problem with the shopping guide...

20. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It's not great is it. You'd think they would make a bit more of an effort to keep things up to date - especially when you consider the thousands of people actually doing WW and who are paying for these products!!!

I think the only way to really be sure about anything is to use the calculators - the EOG's are only really any good for things that we have no way of working out points for, ie chinese and indian, and even then it's only really a guide.

The EOG (or it might the online one on here?) says that a plain chow mein is 4pts. There is no way the one from our chinese is 4pts...it can't be...it has more than 4pts worth of noodles in it on their own and that's before any oil's added etc. I do still use it on the occasions I have a chinese, or fish & chips, or kebab etc, but I do eat it in the knowledge that the points are probably completely wrong...doesn't stop me though, haha.

21. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I have to say I have decided today that I'm giving up my reliance on esource. It may well be the reason why my losses haven't been great, as I have realised this week (going back through previous weeks records) that the week before last I went over my points cos esource was wrong on a couple of things and didn't add up the 'saved points' correctly.

Will not be using it anymore. Back to the old points calculator for me! x

22. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I do like it for keeping tabs but before I add anything to my favourites I double check it myself on my calculator, if its right I add it, if its not I create the item myself then save it.

I think its a disgrace how inaccurate it is.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.