Essential beauty products - What are your bathroom must haves?

You can get sweet almond oil in Holland and Barrett, it's dirt cheap and a good all rounder. I used it when i was expecting my two boys - not on my face and it was NOT fun, but it did the job!

Thanks 

Amazing thead! We all need some pampering! My must haves are:

Imperial leather shower burst

Head and shoulders smooth and silky
(great for my very dry hair and sensive scalp)

Palmers olive butter cream oil - rubs in so easily and sooo soft (but doesnt smell as good as cocoa butter:()

Aldi Q10 day and night face cream (bargain at 1.99 a tub but really good)

Any no 7 mascara (never clumps like the rest)

Barry m lip gloss (great colour no stickyness)

Ghd hair straighteners

30% glycolic acid face peel - to smooth and erase fine lines

Frizzese hair serum

Rimmel eye brow pencil in hazel

17 Matte bronzer powder (shimmer looks too cheap and fake)

Dior eyeshaddows

Dove deoderant

Dior pure poison perfume

Xxx

toofatkat said:
Only ever use Liz Earle products. Cleanse and polish and orange flower body wash along with all the superbalm items. Wouldnt be without them

I love Liz Earl, will never go back to anything else now.

Also just discovered Leighton Denny crystal nail file and other products.

Ive never got the hang of clarins beauty flash balm. I don't seem to apply it correctly. I didn't notice any difference and it would bobble iykwim

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Ive never got the hang of clarins beauty flash balm. I don't seem to apply it correctly. I didn't notice any difference and it would bobble iykwi
Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins[/QUOT

Me either! Threw mine in the bin at the weekend. The other one I don't get is eight hour cream by Elizabeth Arden - yuk!

Oooh lovely thread! I used to love experimenting with beauty products but these days with a little baby, I just stick to my tried and true holy grail products.

Philosophy purity made simple cleanser
Philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash
Clarisonic (amazing!!)
Estee Lauder advance complex concentrate (serum)
Lush skin nanny moisturiser or Jurlique Rose cream
Olay bar soap (get this in the States)
Kiehl's creme de corps lotion (I get the huge 1 litre bottle from the States)
Nars eyeshadows
Chanel lipgloss in No. 44 naturel (discontinued though :( )
L'oreal telescopic mascara
MAC powdered mineral foundation
Neutrogena hand cream

Turned out to be quite a lot lol!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Last edited:
I work for Lush and love it so all my body/skin/haircare etc comes from there. If anyone is looking for a cheaper and more effective version of Bio Oil try Therapy Massage Bar from Lush and use it as a solid body oil. You'll seriously thank me! It's amazing.

For makeup I use mainly MAC, Urban Decay and Bobbi Brown.

Burt's Bees lip balm with pomegranate oil - makes lips super soft and tastes delicious!

Mixxi said:
If anyone is looking for a cheaper and more effective version of Bio Oil try Therapy Massage Bar from Lush and use it as a solid body oil. You'll seriously thank me! It's amazing.

Much as I like lush - I've used it for years, even back as far as ctg in the early 90s - therapy is no match for bio oil!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Mixxi said:
I work for Lush and love it so all my body/skin/haircare etc comes from there. If anyone is looking for a cheaper and more effective version of Bio Oil try Therapy Massage Bar from Lush and use it as a solid body oil. You'll seriously thank me! It's amazing.

For makeup I use mainly MAC, Urban Decay and Bobbi Brown.

I bought charity pot- will that be good for stretch marks? Its a lovely moisturiser...

carmex lip balm
small pot of the pink vaseline-good for grooming eyebrows if stuck, as mascara if desperate, give a sheen to cheeks if have no blusher, lip balm/lip gloss
mitchum anti-perspirant deodrant
dove shampoo, soap and conditioner
E45 body moisturiser
Johnson's Baby oil moisturiser
vitamin E moisturiser
SPF
exfoliating mitt
lacoste touch of pink perfume or hugo boss deep red

Makeup: Clinique, Lancome, Mac, Bourjois

Ooh i like this post! :)

Nailtiques products are fantastic! Bit on the expensive side at about £11 for a little bottle but believe me it is worth it! My nails are weak and prone to splitting and flaking. This stuff has improved them 100%. Can also get them for other nail problems - i would say visit a salon first time 2 c which type u need.

Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioner for bleached blonde hair? To stop me getting scarecrow hair!!! Lol.

Also, my mum suffers with very dry hands - to the point that they crack and bleed!! Ouch! She always uses rubber gloves and has also been using a body scrub on them daily. She is constantly applying hand cream. Nothing seems to help them. They do clear up when shes on holiday in the sun though. If any body has any suggestions on what she could do (other than moving abroad lol) that would be great?

Thanx
Xx

I would say to try and not use body scrub - if she's getting cracked sore skin it's probably irritating it? Also try a really rich thick moisturiser just before bed, and put gloves or socks on the hands to sleep in. I really notice a difference the mornings after I do this.
Also use a hand lotion after every hand wash.
Hope she finds something to improve the situation soon, I suffer from very dry hands in winter especially and it can get so sore :(

Love this thread btw, reading through has given me some great suggestions to try!!

Here are some of my favourite products.
Avon Vintage glamour shower creme (seems to have been discontinued?)
Clean & clear daily exfoliating wash
Moroccan oil (do not like the price, but it does last ages)
VO5 give me texture
Avon nail experts liquid freeze
Aldi Lacura Q10 day cream - dirt cheap and good quality
Avon super shock max mascara - amazing!!
Benefit porefessional
Benefit hello flawless compact
Rimmel or collection 2000 eyebrow pencil

I'm quite new to make up and only just started wearing primer and foundation/powder. Having to buy 1-2 products a month to spread the cost!! I want to try the benefit brow box, lemon aid (to control facial redness) and to find a good blusher!! Also anything to help stop nail polish chipping! Mine is normally chipped or smudged within a few hours :( would love to be able to afford gels.xxx

It's a hair oil, I add a little to the ends of towel dried hair and once dried and straightened it's silky smooth and so soft. Smells lovely too and you only need a teeny bit.
Also good to smooth frizz and flyaways and split ends on dry hair, or define curls and gives your hair a lovely shine.

Miss.S said:
It's a hair oil, I add a little to the ends of towel dried hair and once dried and straightened it's silky smooth and so soft. Smells lovely too and you only need a teeny bit.
Also good to smooth frizz and flyaways and split ends on dry hair, or define curls and gives your hair a lovely shine.

I second that. It's brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Karen27 said:
I second that. It's brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm running low atm and going to book a hair appointment today - hopefully my budget can stretch this month to a new bottle!x

Bodyshop hemp hand cream is amazing for really dry cracked hands x

Back