Eternal Optimist's Eternally Optimistic Food Diary

Breakfast: Home-made scone split and toasted with scraping of jam & 2 coffees with skimmed milk

Lunch: Chilli Con Carne with side salad. No carbs.

Side salad for both lunch & dinner had a French Dressing (Co-op Healthy Living very low fat one)

Dinner: Lean chicken with side salad & broccoli & carrots. No carbs.

10pm: Coffee with skimmed milk & 3 Rich Tea Fingers:D

By bedtime I will also have had 2 litres of water:)

Hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday:)

Last edited:
Hi (should I call you eternal or optimist?:D)

I am trying to do a similar kind of thing to you. I've pinched lots of SW ideas but don't do the plan. Whether this is lazy, cheating or a waste of time, I don't know but I feel better and have stopped stuffing myself with chocolate buscuits.

I think I should cut down on carbs too as I can seriously overdose on pasta and spuds!

Anyway, good luck

Pomooky XXX

Hi (should I call you eternal or optimist?:D)

I am trying to do a similar kind of thing to you. I've pinched lots of SW ideas but don't do the plan. Whether this is lazy, cheating or a waste of time, I don't know but I feel better and have stopped stuffing myself with chocolate buscuits.

I think I should cut down on carbs too as I can seriously overdose on pasta and spuds!

Anyway, good luck

Pomooky XXX

Hiya:) Just call me EO:p
Yep, I think SW has a lot going for it and I esp like the 'red' days. I think the fact that I'm consciously thinking about what I'm eating instead of just randomly stuffing my face is bound to show some sort of improvement. I am definitely eating more healthily and because I want to make sensible eating a way of life I need to make my 'plan' one that I can live with:)
Good luck with your 'plan' and I hope it pays dividends:)

hi eo welcome to minimins i follow slimming world i have tried to "sort of" follow it but i always end up going off track so have decided to stick to it properly (i ended up putting a stone back on ooops :cry:) but u do whatever works for you, i will pop in and see how ur doing good luck x

hi eo welcome to minimins i follow slimming world i have tried to "sort of" follow it but i always end up going off track so have decided to stick to it properly (i ended up putting a stone back on ooops :cry:) but u do whatever works for you, i will pop in and see how ur doing good luck x

Thanks, Valerie:) TBH I don't know if this will work for me...I guess I will soon find out if it leads to weight loss but the real answer I want to find is if this is a way of eating I can maintain for the rest of my life. Fed up with yo-yo-ing dieting and looking for something more permanent but also quite flexible. Exercise wise...well I don't think the gym is ready for me just yet:p so it will have to be walking for now and again that is something I can do everyday near enough and I can increase as I feel able. Hope all is going well with you and you've had a nice Sunday:)

Last edited:
Well I had my first home weigh in this morning since starting my wee 'plan' last Monday & it seems to be working as I've lost 4lbs:)
I don't think I'm going to use this diary to post my daily food intake as I think that will get boring. Instead I will post on days when I've had a 'bad' day or found some interesting fact, recipe, tip or just when I feel like offloading...moans...not lbs unfortunately:D
One thing I've found this week is that drinking 2 litres of water is helpful not only for making me feel 'full' but I see the difference in my skin:)

well done oe thats a great first loss :happy036::happy036::happy036:
i only write in my diary to keep myself on track and if i have a really good loss can repeat what i ate that week if my loses have slowed down, but it's what works for you i have loads of time on my hands so it gives me something to do.have a good week xx

Thanks, Valerie....today has been a good day...had a brisk walk for an hour and included some previously avoided hills:p Puffed out certainly and legs aching but I know it will get easier and walking is going to be my main form of exercise as it is free and I can adjust/increase it as my over-all fitness improves. Going to have a little read of your diary in a mo. Hope you have had a nice Monday:)

hi EO i need to step up my walking i was doing half an hours walk twice a day but haven't been so good lately :chores016: i think i need to get a dog wouldn't have a choice then lol. i put on 1/2lb this week was totally unexpected but there's nothing i can do but stick to plan :rolleyes: have a good day tomorrow xx

Update

Well it will be 3 weeks on Monday since I started trying to improve my eating habits and improve my level of exercise....well...it's been so easy to improve my level of exercise...as I was doing bog all to begin with;)

Anyhoo....I've lost 7lbs so far but I am not expecting to lose anything this Monday as I'm pre-menstrual and bloated and I've made a couple of unhealthy choices foodwise....namely a slice of Bakewell Tart:eek: and frying fish in breadcrumbs rather than grilling or steaming it:rolleyes:

However, I have been walking more and I am continuing to have my 2 litres of water per day...both of which...I feel the better for:)

My main bit of news is that after reading Lily42UK's diary I have an appointment for a gym induction introductory session (with personal fitness plan) on Tuesday afternoon:p

At 5ft 0 and 14 stone 1lb I was hoping to put this level of torture and self-humiliation off until I reached 12 stone but I've been and gone and done it now:rolleyes: I just hope no-one mistakes me for one of those big balls they sit on to exercise:eek:

Back