Evening Drinks?

swansong1a

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what you all have to drink while sitting in front of the TV in the evening? My preference is white wine but I've just about managed to cut that out now as one glass tends to lead to another! I've been having diet soft drinks instead but am getting tired of them and am not a hot drink person really (plus I like to use my HexA(s) on cheese rather than milk). Curious to know what other people are tippling on...

I have an options hot chocolate, fudge caramel or orange flavour for 2 syns, I would rather have a glass of wine though lol xx

I am also a white some person! And wasn't a hot drink person either! But I've found I REALLY love a cup of black tea or green tea with jasmine on an evening. I also don't like to waste A's on milk in drinks cheese all the way for me! But on wine nights I started trying the low alcohol ones. The 4% ones r only 2syns a glass! And although alittle sweeter to taste than proper wine its does the job! Or a good gin and slimline tonic! Only 2.5syns for a 25ml shot! The syn free pimms is v popular at group too!

I have tried to have a spirit instead of wine, ATM vodka and sugar free ginger beer. Had all 15 syns on it yesterday as it was the weekend! I love gin and tonic too or the sugar free crushes from Aldi are lovely too the pear and elderflower one is lovely with gin!!

I just drink sugar free squash or Pepsi max if I fanxy something sweet. If I'm on a night out ill drink vodka & diet coke, I don't drink alcohol when I'm indoors x

I wish I could not drink at home currently aiming to only drink when I don't have work the next day which does limit it to 2 nights but even that is so hard!!

I'm normally a dry white girl too!! I've recently been having Sainsbury no added sugar orange&mango squash with loads of ice and slices of lemon. Not quite the same, but...

Thanks for the ideas, will definitely be trying some of these. Although I don't really like the bitterness of Pimms, I might try that syn-free one with a bit of Splenda added for a change. Also going to look out for the low-alcohol wine, has to be worth a try! Maybe mixing it with slimline tonic would lower the syns and make it less sweet too? Hmmm...

Boring as can be, but I stick to chilled water with ice cubes and a squeeze or two of lemon or lime juice. I was an apple juice addict before, so it's been hard to wean myself off the hard stuff ;)

For non-alcoholic drinks I tend to go for plain tap water or no added sugar squash (either apple & blackcurrant or orange & pineapple). For a hot drink it'll be black coffee (decaf in the evenings) or an Options hot chocolate for 2 syns. If I was after alcohol, it'd be a gin or vodka and slimline tonic with a squeeze of lemon or lime (whichever is in the fridge...I make a point of always having one or the other in there :) ) I find that I've cut way back on alcohol since starting SW, although the occasional drink is always nice.

I just love wine. In the evenings I tend to drink soda water. Or squash I don't drink hot drinks or coke or Pepsi. I may drink gin and diet tonic every now and then, but wine is my down fall. Will have to look for the black tower B... X

Hi, could anyone tell me how many syns in the blossom hill and first cape 5.5% alcohol bottles of wine?? Or should I say a glass!?! Make me sound better!!

I think they r 2 1/2 or 3 per small glass so between 15-18/bottle roughly? I try to find the 4% ones which r 2/small glass 12/bottle!

Back