Ever Decreasing Katy

A succesful week...bring on the next one.

I have got a problem with the minimins mobile app though - anyone got any clues... now when i try to access it i get a message saying:

"The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict"

Anyone got any clue?

Katy
xx

Oh dear...i really don't know what's wrong with me. I have one week that's really good and then lose all motivation and the next week is pants. Last week was a good week so this week has been pants. I've eaten so much crap ...

Sigh....maybe i'm just not meant to be thin.

KT
Xxx

Didn't weigh in today...I just couldn't face a big gain...

I am starting again...again! I now have only 3 months until i start university and i would like to be 1 stone lighter by then...10 stone. its a big ask as i lose slowly even when i am focused...and i haven't been focused recently. But i really want to be that stone lighter.

So, i need to identify my weaknesses...

1. If i do anything other than my normal routine i find it hard to stick to the plan

2. Once i start to deviate i find it hard to stop

3. I get addicted to things...like bread and really need to avoid them completely

4. It is not good to carry money as it is too tempting

5. Don't buy multipacks of things even if it works out cheaper...you have no will power and just end up eating them all!

6. I do need to have some syns though...

I am sure there are other rules, but these are the main ones.

KT
Xxx

Ok so yesterday i was 100% on plan. Porridge for breakfast, soup and ryvita for lunch, veg and cous cous for dinner. Snacks were fruit. Syns came from a hot chocolate.

Exercise was BMF bootcamp in the evening.

I WILL get back on plan.

KT XXX XXX

Hmmm, not sure that eating 500g grapes in one sitting was a good idea! ok so technically free food...but going a bit over the top i think...

Weather is pants here, need to go for a run in a bit but i know it will be hard work cos of the wind...still I'll feel better for it.

KT
Xx

Really pleased with myself...got out for a run yesterday and felt immediately better and more focused.

I don't have any long runs to train for at the moment so am going to train for a fast race for life. I did one last year in 29 mins, and yesterday i did 5km in 27 mins so i would like to get sub 25 mins on the day.

Apart from my grape binge yesterday i have had two good days food wise, and i have done my tesco shopping for the week so am ready for a good week in that respects.

Just hope that my commitment can last longer than 1 week this time! LOL!

KT Xxx

Doing ok at the moment, ate quite a lot of fruit yesterday but managed to stay off the non-free food. Which was an achievement as i was really craving bread!

Two days to weigh - in...think its going to be hard though - i am feeling pretty knackered and fed up with the lousy weather and this is a big trigger for me.

Katy
xx

Gave in to the lure of toast yesterday...but hopefully not too bad...everything else was ok.

Weigh in tomorrow...come on Katy.

KT
Xxx

Gah ... today it was pannetone in Costa...Grrr, get a grip Katy...

I stayed the same this week...which is ok. I am determined not to give in this week...i find week 2 always the hardest and usually screw up. Which is why i have been struggling to get the stone off that i want.

I have a big sign in my bedroom which says "you have a choice". It is there to remind me that when i eat something i am doing so because i have decided to do so. I may not be conscious of making the decision and i may feel that i can't stop myself at times but that is not the case. Every time i go off plan it is my choice to do that. i need to take responsibility for what i eat. or i will never really be in control of my weight.

KT
Xxx

Made a choice tonight...went to a party and made the choice to just drink a little (2 glasses of wine) and not to eat tons. It was a BBQ so i had a couple of Quorn sausages and lots of salad. The off plan stuff i kept to a minimum...some bread, a few fork full of some fabulous brisket, and a fair few toasted marshmallows and chocolate buttons.

I don't think i was too bad...over on syns for sure, but no where near as bad as if i had made the choice to give in and kick back.

So...quite pleased with self.

KT
Xxx

Thanks sammi!

Did a 5km run this morning...27 mins. Sure i can do faster though.

From a food point of view i have been pretty good...a couple of syns from some yogurt which turns out is not free and dinner was linguine with prawns. So the prawns and a dash of wine and oil as syns.

Now listening to Punk Britannia on 6 music and wishing it wasn't the end of the weekend.

I find this whole weight loss thing so depressing. I weighed myself this morning and it appears i have put on three sodding pounds. i didn't think i had eaten that much this weekend.

It feels like i can't just be normal. I mean its not like i don't do any exercise, i do tons, how can it be that with just one night out eating carefully and hardly drinking i can screw up my weight loss for an entire week. it is so demoralising. it feels like i can never relax.

Am thoroughly fed up now..if don't lose this Thursday i might give up and stick with being overweight.

KT
Xxx

Hi Katy, just come across your diary, well done on your commitment and running!
Just had a couple of thoughts/ and I am no expert

1: overnight 3 lb gain- in my experience it will vanish next day!! So don't worry about it. Bodies fluxuate

2. Are you eating enough? I don't know you or your portion sizes but I would be hungry on what you are eating! I think you need to have about 1500 k a day. I know sw don't cal count but just make sure you are eating enough, especially with the running

Hang in there!!
X

Morning Katy. Don't give up! Last week I weighed myself mid week, I had put on 3lbs, on weigh in day I'd lost a half. Don't give up. But as the previous poster said you don't seem to be eating much... Xxx

Hey Katy, don't beat yourself up over those 3lbs. I am a daily weigher just because he helps to keep me accountable so don't think I am a good girl when it comes to the scales, but when it comes to SW try to stick to the once per week weigh in.

As for your body, you are a machine when it comes to exercise and I am very jealous hehe but if you at strict with yourself and consume a sudden high intake of calories your body will go into a bit of a shock and think wooooo she is finally feeding us, quick hold on to it! I think it's called glycogen that is stored?

Anyways I'm sure it will come off just as quickly as it came on and with all the exercise you're doing try and up your food intake, even of its just an extra chicken breast or a massive salad.

I know I'm much bigger than you so you might not trust what I'm saying but I promise it will work!

Kate x

Thanks everyone. Today has been tough...given in to a pretty stupid extent.

Am going to BMF in a bit but i don't think that will compensate for the crap i have eaten.

Oh well ... tomorrow is another day...

Back