Everyday's a SW day :) x

I can't see it being so bad cold? Hopefully it's still ok! I am loving the wraps but going to have pancakes and fruit in the morning for a change. Looking forward to them already! X

i made syn free pancakes a few days ago...they're always done so quickly cos there's not much to them! they look the part tho!

must try the magic pancakes again...only ever tried it way back in the beginning and they were a disaster! but now i'm used to cooking with the frylight, and been making the other things recently...maybe they'll turn out better for me? x

i made syn free pancakes a few days ago...they're always done so quickly cos there's not much to them! they look the part tho!

must try the magic pancakes again...only ever tried it way back in the beginning and they were a disaster! but now i'm used to cooking with the frylight, and been making the other things recently...maybe they'll turn out better for me? x

I am naughty sometimes and do the mashed banana ones! Which is what I've had today, they were lush. The first time I made the ones with the oats they just went to mush but I'm much better now with a good non-stick pan and they come out awesome! The only thing is I'm a bit impatient and not good at keeping my pan low enough, so the last couple get a bit dark but still edible! I absolutely love them. X

I am naughty sometimes and do the mashed banana ones! Which is what I've had today, they were lush. The first time I made the ones with the oats they just went to mush but I'm much better now with a good non-stick pan and they come out awesome! The only thing is I'm a bit impatient and not good at keeping my pan low enough, so the last couple get a bit dark but still edible! I absolutely love them. X

i wouldn't syn the banana either...not if it's just one banana for those....i get the whole reason behind it (sometimes) but like this, i would think well what's the difference if i made scrambled egg and ate a banana while it was cooking!
i get it if we were eating plates full but for those, i wouldn't!
i've had the odd smoothie since doing sw and not syn'd it...used a banana, an apple and a yog...just had 1...refuse to syn! lol x

I never used to syn stuff like that. I occasionally will have a banana split in half with a freddo stuck through it and baked in the oven. It's so yummy half melted and really having one of them occasionally, I'm not synning that! Yum tho if you like stuff like that lol x

i don't think it would do any harm once in a while...and especially if it's for one of something and not litres of orange juice or smoothies or whatever.
i do get how you could go OTT with it being cooked/prepared differently but if i have a smoothie...i have one...and it's for breakfast....illegal or not, i'm not synning it! lol x

Well done for going it on your own, that is fab willpower! I didn't use to stay to class but as you said it is a waste of £5 otherwise so I have decided to stay this time around even though my class isn't the best I've been to.

Your dahl loaf looks amazing. Can I have your recipe please? x

Well done for going it on your own, that is fab willpower! I didn't use to stay to class but as you said it is a waste of £5 otherwise so I have decided to stay this time around even though my class isn't the best I've been to.

Your dahl loaf looks amazing. Can I have your recipe please? x

i've def not been in the same zone as i was last year....before, i was 100% all the time...now it's a miracle to get through a full week - although i'm almost at 3 full weeks ;) (better not speak too soon lol)
i do miss the easy access to the hifi bars and at times, the syns app....lots of help on here tho ;) i still have a few boxes of hifi's but i might have to look at rejoining just to stock up when they start getting low :giggle:

the recipe i use for my dahl loaf is:
beef savoury rice (can use curry, i prefer the beef tho) - cook as instructed. once ready, mix in a tin of chickpea dahl (i use asda's - it's syn free) 2/3 eggs, mix altogether and bung it in the oven...easy peasy :)
use lots of frylight and make sure it's not too moist otherwise it'll stick and crumble when you're trying to get it out :(

i've made it almost every week since january 2013 and i have to admit...it took months for me to get it out with the bottom or in one piece lol

it's so handy to snack on and even better that it's free!! :D

hope you and your wee bundle are doing well x

Last edited:
i'm late in posting my food today..almost forgot!

kinda had a NSV earlier cos i was super hungry for most of the afternoon, dinner time came and i just couldn't be bothered. my OH asked what we were doing for dinner (also code for - are you making anything?) and i said i didn't know, i couldn't be bothered. he suggested ordering something and i was gonna....but then, at the last minute, i thought what's the point in spending all this money every week on shopping, to spend more on a take away...and cos i was so hungry, i knew i'd order something off plan which would then, of course, lead to the rest of the night being off plan...and then probably the rest of the weekend!
got off my ar$e and made something...yay!

so...food for today looking like this -

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
egg and quorn sausage wrap (was totally fine cold btw...took it to have at work :D )
skinny cappuccino

Snack:
rice pudding, berries, banana and yog

Lunch:
a few sw chips with 22g mozzarella cheese
bowl of frozen grapes

Dinner:
quorn peppered steak, roasted tinned potatoes (cos i was being lazy! lol) veg and cottage cheese

HEb's:
6 brazil nuts
orange hifi bar

HEa's:
skinny milk in my cappuccino and 22g mozzarella cheese

Syns:
2 bags of metcalfe's skinny (sweet/salt) popcorn - 8
digestive biscuit - 3.5

11.5 for the day

right...i'm an emotional wreck! :(

i woke up super hungry this morning and decided that i'd have a few things off plan today. i thought that rather than do that, then weigh on monday and maybe see an inaccurate number on the scales (in a negative way) i'd weigh this morning, do what i was gonna do then not weigh again until a week on monday.

still starving, i nipped to tesco, expecting to see a decent loss after my measly lb last week and was instantly p1ssed off the see there had been no change! :(

went on the machine twice...obviously looking for a change and just thought FFS....almost 3 full weeks on plan, making a huge effort to be on plan at times where i really don't want to....and nothing!

so instantly, i'm filled with thoughts of why bother, and pick up a packet of mccoy's crisps...then "just keep with it" so also pick up some sushi.

next stop was the butchers to get some steak slice sausage cos in my mind, i'm having a roll on square and a scone...pick up some of their home made soup too which can keep me on plan, but the whole time i'm not sure which way to go.

i come home, cry to my OH (WTF!!!) and now sitting here, still starving, and still undecided on whether to eat the roll for breakfast, then feel guilty and no doubt eat sh1te all day....or whether to resent whatever i make to keep me on plan, and have the devil on my shoulder for the rest of the day willing me to eat rubbish!

i dunno why i'm not seeing the results i want...i really really really haven't been cheating! i'd get it if i was posting my food etc on here but really eating mars bars in the background...but i'm not!!! :(
i also know that it's not been a full week since i last weighed and if i weighed on monday again it might be totally different...but really, almost 3 full weeks on plan and i still can't get past this fekin weight!!!!!!!

it's not like me to get so upset that i actually bubble to my OH and to be honest, i feel i could still cry some more....why do we let the numbers have such an impact on us!
and why is this such a chore for me now...it really wasn't last year!

last week, i did more green days so thought that might be the reason for a smaller loss, so this week i mixed it up with alternate EE days like i used to, and nothing?
i've also been keeping an eye on my calories through MFP and haven't been over 1600 at all! (haven't been trying to stay under...just been following SW but putting in what i've been eating so i could see if maybe one plan saw me eating more calories than the other and to check fat intake etc)

it's just not fair!
people eat rubbish for half the week and see a loss....i only need to think about a bloody cake and it has an impact.

right now, i know it's gonna do nothing positive for me if i don't stick to plan today.....but normal people, who don't worry about their weight, have days where they eat rubbish....except they don't let it take over their whole lives!
i know if i go EE today, i'll be in a huff all day, resenting it and feeling like i'm missing out (even though i won't be) but if i eat the stuff i've bought, i'm gonna be filled with guilt too.....bloody minefield :(

hate feeling like this....hate feeling like it's an effort to be on plan....at times it is and at times, the last thing i want to be doing is preparing egg wraps and 1/2 syn roulades to make sure i'm prepared for the next day....but i do it....cos i know it's a healthier way of life...but it's not fair!

reading this back i now sound like a bloody crackpot! and i'll sit here some more, getting hungrier until i make the decision to eat something - good or bad!

wish i could just take all these thoughts away....and stop having these expectations!

when i'm on plan, i'm on plan....no cheating or shovelling food secretly into my mouth - i'm on it properly...and when i'm not, well, i'm off it properly too!
but i've been on it....proper on it...and it's all just doing my head in!!!!!!!!! :( x

Oh Hun :-(
wish I could just give you a massive hug! I think we have all been there, and totally get how your feeling. It's like why am
i bothering when I'm still not loosing! It's totally rubbish. I remember when I lost my weight before and I sat at 13st 0.5lbs for 3 weeks and all I wanted was to get into the 12s! I almost cried at group!
I was advised to switch things up, have a different breakfast every day for a week, that your body gets used to stuff and you need to switch it up to react.
Another change to plan I heard was the 7s plan- not done it myself but heard very positive things! It was at least 7 glasses of water, at least 7 different fruit/veg a day and 7 syns a day for a week.

If I were you I'd have a sausage bap that you really want, but make a deal with yourself that you need to be good for the rest of the day! I hope you feel like your upbeat self again soon!
I really fancy dinner at carluccios - been desperate to try it for ages, but I know if I go tonight in my first week back on plan I'll just eat crap rest of weekend so going to plan it as a treat when I've lost a bit more!

Hope oh oh is being really supportive and helpful for you xx

Oh Hun :-(
wish I could just give you a massive hug! I think we have all been there, and totally get how your feeling. It's like why am
i bothering when I'm still not loosing! It's totally rubbish. I remember when I lost my weight before and I sat at 13st 0.5lbs for 3 weeks and all I wanted was to get into the 12s! I almost cried at group!
I was advised to switch things up, have a different breakfast every day for a week, that your body gets used to stuff and you need to switch it up to react.
Another change to plan I heard was the 7s plan- not done it myself but heard very positive things! It was at least 7 glasses of water, at least 7 different fruit/veg a day and 7 syns a day for a week.

If I were you I'd have a sausage bap that you really want, but make a deal with yourself that you need to be good for the rest of the day! I hope you feel like your upbeat self again soon!
I really fancy dinner at carluccios - been desperate to try it for ages, but I know if I go tonight in my first week back on plan I'll just eat crap rest of weekend so going to plan it as a treat when I've lost a bit more!

Hope oh oh is being really supportive and helpful for you xx

he gave me a cuddle and said it's not fair...he's probably thinking FFS....calm down lol, but unless you have a weight issue, i really believe you can't know, properly, how it feels.

i still haven't eaten and now i'm thinking, regardless what happens, should i weigh on monday again which will be the full 7 days?
i saw the number on the scales before the ticket had even printed and stood there saying "you're having a laugh"...people must've been like...check her out! lol

it's not like me to let it bother me to the extent of tears...but i think that's because i'm battling with my will power and don't want to feel like a failure or i'm letting myself down if i do have rubbish today.

there's no way i'll just have the sausage roll then be on plan the rest of the day...not even gonna lie lol, so i still haven't eaten!

losing weight is never easy.....but the battle with thoughts sometimes is the hardest part of it all!!!

thanks for posting....it's nice that on here, people CAN relate to how it feels sometimes xxx

Totally get it!! There's a lady I've got on fb that does sw called Claire, she always posts really good stuff. About the long term, and how being on plan for the majority of days means long term your weight goes down, I'll see if I can find something. Fry up? X

i'd be the first to give advice to people...it's just a shame it doesn't feel the same when we need it ourself!
to be honest, i'm surprised i've been so honest about it all on here....usually i'd just pretend everything was ok....well it's not! lol

totally agree with the long term thing....and sometimes having a day off to get it out our system helps. for me, it helps me appreciate sw more cos i always feel naff physically...but today, the guilt is taking over!

anyway....need to give myself a shake! no matter what happens today, it's not the plan for the future, i'll still eat healthily and do all my cooking etc....it just feels like a hassle sometimes but i know it's got positive results even if the numbers don't always agree! lol x

Really feel for you because I know how hard you're trying and I know how awful it is when your mind is wanting to rebel against healthy eating! You're so on plan and I've seen your food on IG and your portion sizes are so much smaller than mine so can't pinpoint anything at all for you :( x

just popping on to confess (some of) my weekend "syns" lol

yesterday was off plan...today has been off plan but today's off plan has been better than yesterdays!

DAY - DUNNO! lol

Breakfast:
cornflakes with chopped banana (god how long since i had cornflakes! lol)
a scone with some jam

Snack:
slices of pink lady apple with peanut butter on them - this was actually really nice! my friend's doing herbalife and had posted this, wanted to try it. think it's a great snack for them doing that/protein etc

Lunch:
6" chicken breast salad subway
packet of walkers cheese and onion

Dinner:
bowl of fruit and fibre and a topic (eeeek! lol)

HEb - i'd say the fruit and fibre although it was more than 35g!
HEa - milk in cereal twice

Syns:
far too many!

can't say i'm too fussed about today's eats if i'm honest...not on plan but like i say, could've been a whole lot worse! at least i've had some superfree and some fibre...unlike yesterday!

need to do my cooking etc as normal tomorrow...that'll get me back on the straight and narrow!

hope everyone's had a great weekend x

Last edited:
Glad your back with us Hun. It doesn't matter what's happened, just draw a line and carry on! Hope your feeling a bit more positive! Are you going to weigh tomorrow?

I used to eat peanut butter on apple all the time when I was at boarding school! Probably not eaten in at least 8 years, brought back do many memories!! This will definitely be on the menu this week, might even replace my freddo tomorrow night, well see. Lol. I do love chocolate!

Xx

Glad your back with us Hun. It doesn't matter what's happened, just draw a line and carry on! Hope your feeling a bit more positive! Are you going to weigh tomorrow?

I used to eat peanut butter on apple all the time when I was at boarding school! Probably not eaten in at least 8 years, brought back do many memories!! This will definitely be on the menu this week, might even replace my freddo tomorrow night, well see. Lol. I do love chocolate!

Xx

not sure about weighing...i'm worried it might make me feel sh1t if i go and there's like 4lb gain since yesterday due to bloat?
maybe i should just get back to normal tomorrow and wait a week?

i'd never had the apple and pb before...it was good!
i love pb but wouldn't really want to syn it cos it's quite high for not very much...but then again, that's a healthier snack then chocolate for the same syns isn't it!
i kinda grudge that side of sw....the fact that nuts, seeds and things that are good for us have so many syns. yeah we can use some as a HEb but i'd rather use the HE on something that fills me more!

did you try the roulade yet? i bought more quark today so will do my usual one tomorrow.
did a banoffee one the other week...spread it with toffee muller and slices of banana, it was nice to have it a bit different!

also picked up the new skinny cappuccino muller today...dunno if i'll like it but can only try :) x

Just skip weigh in this week and give yourself a week to catch up! No good beating yourself up, seeing a number on a scale and getting down over it. Just concentrate on how good the healthy food makes you feel now you're back on plan. Sometimes it's good to be off plan! I'm planning a couple of days this weekend :) x

Back