everyone keeps talking me out of it.

kelly22_1

loves minimins
well i picked my start date, as 15th after all the illness and being told by my lovely boyfriend he's planned a meal for the 14th bless him, cos its our 6 month anniversary too,

anyway i told my mum i was starting LT on the 15th and all i got was oooooooooooh why do u want to do it like that ir'll do more harm than good and when you have finished you'll put it all back on..........arghhhhhhhhhhh! doing my head in

Unfortunately people who don't fully understand the diet see it as bad, and they're usually skinny or jealous that you're doing something about your weight! Family do get concerned but once they see you happy and healthy losing the weight they'll be giving compliments left right and centre!!! Stick to it, start a diary to be accountable and rely on the fact there'll always be somebody on here to offer advice, support or - as the case of me- a kick up the butt!!! Good luck x

best way is to ignore, if you feel you are ok on diet / or to start then ( ignore ) yes its hard but its worth it when it all stops and they all say wow ;)

Hiya Kelly.. My Mum was exactly the same, and in the nicest possible way, it is pure ignorance... She still can't understand why i have gone back on it after Xmas and admits there is NO way she could do it... Having said that, when i lost 3stone 9lb in 12 weeks she was proudly telling everyone how i had done it!!

If you have people around you that are not very supportive it might be a good idea to keep your distance the 1st week, as that really is the hardest part.. Once you have your 1st weigh in they should see how happy you are, and you are not dying of malnutrition or any other horror stories they might have heard, they will hopefully support you more... It will also be easier for you not to have them "tempting" you away from this horrible diet!! lol

Well done for making a date to start... Enjoy your meal, and congratulations on 6 months x x

thanks su, its been a tough year splitting with hubby and having 4 kids to look after....but i've met a lovely man and he's awesome i just need to feel happy about myself now but shifting this weight.

Have a lovely Valentine's meal Kelly. Savour every mouthful.

If he's a lovely guy Kelly he will support you in this, you can have a lovely meal at any time but if you keep coming on and off the diet you will never be successful.

Take no notice of the people who keep trying to put you off, you're a grown woman and intelligent enough to know your own mind and what's best for YOU.

Stay strong x

i know what u mean sandra, so this time i picked a date and im sticking to it 15th feb is D day, i've also decided to quit weight watchers so i wont cheat, although i like working there all they talk about it food so i'll have to leave to succeed, i've discussed my plan with my man and he's more than happy to help me to succeed, we dont live together so he's going to eat before he comes to see me, bless him.

And i discussed how i felt about my weight with my mum and she said she will stop moaning about it and but out, but said she would be keeping an eye on my weight loss (protective bit) cos she doesnt want me to be stick thin.

He sounds like a keeper! And he'll love you even more when you're thinner and I don't mean cos he doesn't love you now but when you're slim you'll have so much more confidence, dare I say it....in the bedroom department!

I can tell you how much my love life has spiced up since I got back to normal and we've been together 20 years in September! I just didn't feel sexy when I was fat and couldn't! see how my OH could possibly fancy me.....

As for your mum? Well she's your mum isn't she! Mine used to be the same:D

Hi kelly,
I haven't told any of my friend except one, because i just don't want to hear them all saying that i'm mad to do it, and that i'll damage my health. so, as far as they're concerned i'm going to WW, i feel bad to have to lie to them, but it's for the best, i know that they are well meaning and have my best interests at heart, when i did tell one of my friends, she made me feel as though i was being reckless with my health and played the " you shouldn't be doing this your a mother" card, so i'm keeping quiet, def not telling my mum, she would hit the roof
enjoy your romantic meal
sam

Kelly - I'm getting pressure all the time to come off it,,work mates, parents, friends & i just smile at them and say no im not coming off it till im ready,,ive got 3-4 more weigh ins before my hols and then im going to switch over to weight watchers to loose the rest of my weight,
Sandra - i just wanted to agree with you, for the first time in my life i feel like im a sexy girl, i dont just mean in the bedroom dept, i feel like i look sexy, i used to hear girlfriends talk like that and never related....all thanks to lipotrim and you girls for helping me along the way

Kelly - I'm getting pressure all the time to come off it,,work mates, parents, friends & i just smile at them and say no im not coming off it till im ready,,ive got 3-4 more weigh ins before my hols and then im going to switch over to weight watchers to loose the rest of my weight,
Sandra - i just wanted to agree with you, for the first time in my life i feel like im a sexy girl, i dont just mean in the bedroom dept, i feel like i look sexy, i used to hear girlfriends talk like that and never related....all thanks to lipotrim and you girls for helping me along the way

Trose, I'm thrilled for you! You've lost an amazing amount of weight and must truly feel like a different person. You know, I was in such a state last summer that I was convinced my OH was going to have an affair if I didn't sort myself out.......he's having one now ....with me:D

oohhh sandra,,having an affair with your husband,,nasty i love it lol

We've never married Trose but been together 20 years this year .....I'm worried that if we ever married that he would take me for granted. I like to remind him from time to time that we're together cos we want to be not cos of a piece of paper.

Keep him on his toes.....I wish!

I've only been on this a few days and keep getting it in the neck from the wife saying its not a balanced diet and its bad for me, she has now got my daughter doing it as well.

The way I see it is, I've been trying to get rid of some excess weight for twelve months and nothing but I can try this for maybe a couple of weeks to see the results and either stay with it or just use it as a springboard for further weight lose.

I have a strong enough mind to stay with it, just need to make sure the wife's negative vibes don't start to effect me.

This is day four with no food, just lots of water tea and coffee, I get weighed Wednesday lunchtime and I am looking forward to seeing the results (trousers don't feel as tight, but it could be psychological).

I've only been on this a few days and keep getting it in the neck from the wife saying its not a balanced diet and its bad for me, she has now got my daughter doing it as well.

The way I see it is, I've been trying to get rid of some excess weight for twelve months and nothing but I can try this for maybe a couple of weeks to see the results and either stay with it or just use it as a springboard for further weight lose.

I have a strong enough mind to stay with it, just need to make sure the wife's negative vibes don't start to effect me.

This is day four with no food, just lots of water tea and coffee, I get weighed Wednesday lunchtime and I am looking forward to
seeing the results (trousers don't feel as tight, but it could be psychological).

Good for you Paul, perhaps when your wife sees how much weight you've lost on Wednesday she'll be a bit more sympathetic. Doubtless she only has your best interests at heart but does she really know how unhappy you are being overweight? I tended to try and hide how I felt from my OH cos I was so ashamed of my hideous fat body.....he wasn't keen on me doing LT but as I only had a couple of months to lose weight in preparation for an operation he realised that I didn't have time to try a convententional diet.

Keep at it x

Well done for sticking at it sundodger.. This diet is so hard, but it really does work! Could you not ask her if you can come to a compromise? You do it for a month, without her negativity, and then reassess the situation.. That way you get a month of doing it without "getting it in the neck" from your wife and daughter, and hopefully they will be able to see how much happier you are being around 2 stone lighter.. They will also see that you have not been ill because of LT (hopefully)...Win-win situation...
If that fails and she won't compromise, and you still want to continue with LT, keep logging on here and we will try and encourage you to keep going x

Hi Paul, maybe you should show her this forum and how no-one has died from it yet. There are plenty of forums/blogs around saying how bad this is and how you will die etc, obviously people who have not bothered to read about or educate themselves fully on Lipotrim but as you can see here it works, about a balanced diet all your food gives you is vitmains and nutrients that sustain your body, thats whats exactly in the shakes, all the nutrients and vitamins your body needs to survive. I'm on week 7 now and i feel good, well a small bit tired still but the difference this has made to my lifestyle so far is excellent. And dont forget its your body and its up to you what you do with it. If you want to lose a few lbs to have a healthier and happier life then i say go for it and ignore bad press

Best of luck with it :)

Back