EveryRose ~ Counting calories to success

EveryRose

Hiya everyone!

Right firstly I will give you an insight into who I am :)

My name is Jo, I'm 25yrs old and I have 4 kids (5 if you include the DP :p). Robbie 6.5, Billy 4.5, Isabella 3 and Harry 12mths.
We live in SE London.

I started off cutting out the junk food 2weeks ago, then I went onto SlimFast on the 15th May but stopped it on the 24th as I had run out. So have just been calorie counting since then, making sure I don't go over 1200 cals a day.
So rather than going back onto SlimFast, I think I will stick at counting my calories :)

Think I will make my daily limit 1200-1300 a day, before I was consuming at least 2100+ a day :(

I need to lose at least 6 stone, but more would be lovely though!

As of May 09 I am going on the Cambridge Diet, I would love to before that but we are financially unable to until next year.

I will write on here what I eat daily so I can keep an eye on my eating habits. Cutting out all the junk already has made it so much easier for myself, I can look at biscuits, crisps, sweets and chocolate now without craving it or caving in.

Wish me luck everyone, I am so determined to lose this weight!

Last edited:
25 May 08

Okay this is what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast
Rice crispies (well Tesco equivilent of) with semi skimmed milk ~ 175 cals

Lunch
Cucumber sandwich ~ 190 cals
Coffee with semi skimmed milk ~ 38 cals

Snack
Special K snack bar ~ 90cals

Dinner
1/4 Tesco's Steak and Kidney pie ~ 445 cals
New potatoes ~ 75 cals
Half a tin of Baked beans ~ 179 cals

Total
1192 cals

Tuesday 26th May

Breakfast
Rice crispies (well Tesco equivilent of) with semi skimmed milk ~ 175 cals
Coffee ~ 38 cals

Lunch
Ham and cucumber sandwich on wholemeal bread ~ 210 cals
Coffee ~ 38 cals

Snack
Mandarin MullerLite Yog ~ 105 cals

Dinner
Spaghetti Bolognaise ~ 679 cals
Coffee ~ 38 cals

Total

Day 3 of calorie counting

I am actually finding this easy...should it be this easy? I'm sure my rapid weight gain was because of me overeating in my 1st pregnancy (I put on 5st then) and gained another 2 stone with my other 3 pregnancies.

Everytime I went to diet...I became pregnant again LOL.

Also my portion sizes used to be HUGE!

My portion sizes now half the size they used to be and I'm still feeling full on them, because there's no more on my plate so I don't have to keep eating and eating.

Will update with my meal plan later, much the same as yesterday really.

Sounds like you are doing well.

Kudos on the 1200 a day, don't think I could live on that!

Thanks!

Actually I am aiming 1200 - 1300 a day even though www.nutracheck.co.uk says I can have 1424 a day and 54g of fat...I'd never manage that, I'm not a big eater anyway.

I recommened Nutracheck though, it counts all your points for you, I haven't come across anything it doesn't have in the database.

It has a 5 free day trial but I think I'll be joining after it's up cos it's really impressive!

I was actually adding more calories on than I should have been, I was doing guesstimates for some things but Nutracheck tells me otherwise!

Thanks!

Actually I am aiming 1200 - 1300 a day even though www.nutracheck.co.uk says I can have 1424 a day and 54g of fat...I'd never manage that, I'm not a big eater anyway.

I recommened Nutracheck though, it counts all your points for you, I haven't come across anything it doesn't have in the database.

It has a 5 free day trial but I think I'll be joining after it's up cos it's really impressive!

I was actually adding more calories on than I should have been, I was doing guesstimates for some things but Nutracheck tells me otherwise!

I just go by the calories, and simply keep a not of them either on my diary or in my mobile phone over the day. Seems easy enough, as long as I remember! :D

Tuesday 27th May

Breakfast
Tesco Rice Snaps Ss Milk ~ 175 cals
Coffee, Semi Skimmed Milk ~ 19 cals

Lunch
Ham and cucumber sandwich on wholemeal bread ~ 194 cals
Coffee ~ 19

Snack
2 x Pagen Wholegrain Krisprolls with cucumber ~ 90 cals
Coke Diet Can ~ 1 cal

Dinner
Lamb Rosemary & Mint Lamb Grillsteaks with new potatoes and beans ~ 662 cals

Total

Weigh-In Day!

Lost 1lb!

This is going to take forever:rolleyes:

Good luck, EveryRose... tip though, stick to one day a week to be weighed. Your weight can fluctuate on a daily basis.
Drink plenty of water, and its great you are recording everything that you eat!:D

Thanks hun :)

I weigh myself every Wednesday, I go to my chemist and weigh myself there cos my scales are dodgy so I resist using them during the week LOL.

Thursday 28th May

Okay going to write it as it puts it into Nutracheck rather than adding each bit up...here's all what I ate yesterday (Thurs)

Breakfast
Tesco Rice Snaps & Ss Milk ~ 175 cals

Snack
Ryvita Original [2x] ~ 56 cals
Cucumber, Raw [8x] ~ 0 cals

Lunch
Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal 2 Slices ~ 118 cals
Cant Believe Its Not Butter ~ 62 cals
Tesco Value Coleslaw ~ 58 cals
Sainsbury's Basics Wafer Thin Ham Slice ~ 7 cals

Snack
Apples ~ 31 cals

Dinner
American Long Grain Rice, Easy Cook ~ 266 cals
Uncle Bens Tikka Masala Sauce 170g 1/2 Pack ~ 84 cals
Tesco Value Chicken Portions ~ 230 cals

Total

Sounds like you are well in the zone :clap:

One thing I should say, and I really hope you don't mind, but when I checked out the various calorie counting sites, I found nutracheck to be one of the most inaccurate.

Just might be worth double checking a few things with what's on the packet.

Apples for instance. An average apple is about 80 calories. A small one I would take as about 50. Ryvita is also a little more I believe. Not sure about the other things, but worth a check

BTW, don't know whether you've tried The One milk. A few less calories for the same taste as semi-skimmed. There's 2 kinds, 1% and 0%. Could save you a few calories :)

Thanks KD, I'm gonna check out WLR over the weekend.

I usually get milk from the corner shop as we need it almost daily and the nearest supermarket is a busride away (£4 round trip :()

Thursday 30th May food diary

Breakfast
Tesco Rice Snaps 30g 125ml Ss Milk ~ 175 cals

Lunch
Cucumber, Raw [8x] 1 slice, 6g ~ 0 cals
Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal 2 Slices ~ 118 cals
Cant Believe Its Not Butter 10ml ~ 62 cals
Sainsbury's Basics Wafer Thin Ham 2 Slices ~ 14 cals
Apples, Eating, Average, Raw 67g ave. small apple ~ 31 cals (had half a average one)

Snack
Apples, Eating, Average, Raw 100g ave. medium apple ~ 47 cals

Dinner
Chinese Chicken Chow Mein [2x] Serving ~ 722 cals (had whole container oops)
Coke Diet Can 330Ml ~ 1 cal

Total:

The thing to remember also is that even if the calories are not correct you are not including your normal exercise in amongst all that which will, without even trying, burn about 200/300 a day at least.

Back