Total Solution Exante after Pregnancy...Question

xKimmyRx

soon to be slim...x
Heya I'm due to have my baby within the next four weeks and I want to do exante once iv had him, not only to lose baby weight but the weight from before I fell pregnant.

Was jus wonderin has anybody done this after havin a baby n how long did they wait after baby to start the diet. I'm wantin the do the total solutions as iv seen so much success with it

Thanks in advance :) x

Hi, according to the guidelines you have to wait until after 3 months of the baby being born before starting it. My baby was 4 months before I started, but it also depends if you're going to breast feed. If you are then you can't do a VLCD at the same time. Hope this helps. :D

Thank u for ur reply :)

I wonder why u have to wait so long. I'm still in two minds whether to bf or not but I won't be doun it til after iv stopped x

Why 3 months? Well the body needs time to recover from pregnancy and the birth. Dealing with a newborn is hard work, often mums don't start emerging from that fog until much later down the line than 3 months. Doing a VLCD and dealing with night wakings and the 24/7 demands of a small person are not very compatible. I am not a health professional but I do work in maternity services and also support women in the postnatal period through the NHS and voluntary roles. I would say a thing to consider is doing a VLCD very early on well may be a risk factor for postnatal depression, it's mentally gruelling and physically exhausting can often leave people with very little energy. The first 3 months is a vulnerable time in a woman's life. It often takes longer than that to get back to normal physically.

Slimming world and weight watchers are much more compatible for the early months, watch what you eat, perhaps calorie count (if you do decide to breastfeed it takes approx 300-500 extra calories a day if you exclusively bf), this is often why women lose weight more easily in the first 6 months.

It might be an idea just to wait and see how you feel once baby is here, 3 months will fly in the blink of an eye once he's with you and I think the 3mth guideline is probably far too soon.

Hi Kimmy,

I started a week ago, my baby is four months. I was brestfeeding, but stopped the same day as I started Exante. I read somewhere that whilst the body is in ketosis it releases toxins that in turn get relesed into the milk and are harmful to the baby. To be honest, at least for the 1st two months I don't think I could've done this, dieting is the last thing on your mind, but now am really motivated :)
Just see how you are feeling after the birth. For a couple of weeks you might notice your appetite is not back to normal anyway, so you'll lose a couple of kilos anyway without trying :)

Thank u for your replys...I'm wantin to try breasfeed until at least my 6 week check and then I'll jus see how I go. I couldn't breastfeed my first son due to certain complications n ended up expressin for him until he was 8 months old and I think its put me off abit cos I found it such hard work so I'm hopin this baby can latch on to save me havin to express. Hope to lose some pregnancy weight whilst doin it too...
Thanx again :D x

Back