Exante and trying to conceive

2020wish

Yes yes I know not to do a vlcd when pregnant so hear me out first. I have been putting off starting exante from 2019 as we decided to start trying to conceive first. I’ve tried slimming world etc but I never stick to it as I need a complete over haul like exante (I lost 7 stone before on this).

thing is trying to conceive has proven more difficult that we thought. 3 miscarriages within the year all very early so I feel I’ve also wasted all this time not starting exante and am slowly putting on more weight so I am planning to start today. Question is has anyone else done this diet while trying to conceive then stopped once they became pregnant?
Has it impacted your efforts? Is it safe? Worried about the vitamin A but exante website says it’s safe.
I do plan on Increasing my calories once I conceive. But I have 4 stone to lose and figured losing the weight would be beneficial?

Hey there :)
I am really sorry to hear about your losses, you must have had a really hard time with all of that :( Much love to you. I'm gonna tell you what I think knowing it wont be what you want to hear re the diet though. IMO, either don't diet and try to conceive, or dont try to conceive and diet. The majority of 4 stone could be off by late September if you did exante 800 strictly until then. You wouldn't be trying to conceive for only 4 months, but you'd be certain it would be safe if you TTC after the diet not during. Extra vitamin A isn't safe in pregnancy, exante aren't Obstetricians or Pediatricians so dont trust them with your baby in one moment and then ignore their advice not to do a diet when pregnant or breastfeeding. No pregnancy/prenatal vitamins include it and theres ample reason/evidence as to why. Not trying to sound lecturey but aware it does... personally its not worth the risk. I know more people than there should be where pregnancy was discovered really late, or when they still had their cycles, or when it didnt show up on a test for ages. Very low calorie diets can affect menstrual cycles too, thus may affect fertility so you couldn't guarantee you'd understand your cycles to be able to closely monitor this stuff. You might not even be able to conceive on exante, but you also might increase the risk of a further miscarriage and it sounds like youve been through enough loss for the sake of waiting a few more months and doing the diet, or not doing it and prioritising TTC. Its a no brainer to me but I am not you.

Saying that, I breastfeed still and am doing exante, but I breastfeed a 2 1/2 year old once a day only and I didn't start the diet until then. I gained loads of weight after birth and i'm glad I didn't bother trying to lose it earlier because it is falling off so easily now.

Thank you for your reply. All you have said I know myself but guess I’m just stuck in this limbo and with all I have been through I’m at a loss and maybe just needed to hear it from someone else that understands it. My other half is trying his best but not good on advice and what’s best to consume when ttc. I’ll have a talk with him tonight about our options as we are due to ovulate again this week. Thank you again

You can lose weight any time, I don’t know your circumstances but some circumstances lead to ttc limitations like age and stuff but it sounds like those don’t apply to you. You’ve had so much trauma and you deserve some good. I don’t think doing the two things together is a good idea but I don’t see why you can’t do one or the other. Losing some weight may help with ttc in a short while but equally it may make no difference whatsoever and plenty of women get pregnant regardless of weight so I guess what you need to do is look at what’s the most important to you. Maybe some time to grieve, rest and focus on feeling happier in your own skin would be beneficial to ttc and life in general, or maybe the weight loss is less important than trying to have your rainbow baby... only you can know those answers and your partner can help you. I doubt your weight is impeded ttc exactly as you are. The first weeks of being pregnant are pretty important for development of embryos as you know so there could be risks, but again, that being said, people get wasted for weeks and weeks when pregnant not having a clue they’re pregnant and some pregnancies are mind blowing resilient. I think what you need is as much factual information as you can find so you can make an informed decision that’s right for you and your partner and rainbow baby. You’ve been through so much, what’s right for you might be completely opposite to what I’d do or someone else. These are only my opinions. I’m sure you’re beautiful. 4 stone isn’t much weight. Your mental health matters, your physical health matters, your wants and needs matter and you’re the boss of all those.

I wish you all the love and baby dust in the world whatever you decide and I’m really sorry again for all you’ve been through x

Thank you. Ttc is more important and so wanted. I don’t think I could stop trying for any period of time but just feel that I could possibly be trying to lose some weight while I’m waiting for a pregnancy to stick with me. All my bloods have came back normal and the last scan I had I was told all looked well with my ovaries and lining etc. I have no idea why this is happening to me as I’ve had a child before 9 years ago while I was young and stupid and drinking until I found out at 6 weeks. And my partner has kids also with a previous relationship. So I think we set ourselves up thinking we wouldn’t have these issues. So all I can point to is my weight. I am not massive by any means but just know my bmi is high compared to last time. I’m day 4 on exante and doing so well.. i haven’t been able to get into the mindset of sticking to it since I last done it 5 years ago but I think because I know now it’s to help me have a baby I I’m determined so part of me if afraid to stop now. Oh I wish it just didn’t have the vit A in it lol

You’ve been through so much :( Have you thought about intermittent fasting instead? People get good losses from that. Or keto using actual food not packs. All of those would be healthier x

I think I’ve decided on the 5:2 plan maybe? 2 days of 800 cals(mixed with exante packs and eggs) and rest 1200 cals mixed exante packs for like breakfast and real food for lunch and dinner and not allow myself to go into keto just more my calories. They thing with real food is I wasn’t sticking to it as I was struggling getting the time to meal prep as I work 13 hour shifts so the exante packs just ensure I stick to not picking foods and easy grab and go foods if you know what I mean?

Back