Exante Diary

Sounds like it was totally ok on balance especially with exercise! Did you feel compelled to carry on eating or were you in control? Kids say awful things don’t they 😖 My daughter is nearing 3 and I sort of feel like I have to get it under control before she registers my size. Been a couple of times in the last few days she’s been playing with little animal figures or whatever and when there’s a big, medium and small one she says I’m the big one and my husband is the medium one so that hit me a bit hard! How did you deal with it?

Sounds like it was totally ok on balance especially with exercise! Did you feel compelled to carry on eating or were you in control? Kids say awful things don’t they 😖 My daughter is nearing 3 and I sort of feel like I have to get it under control before she registers my size. Been a couple of times in the last few days she’s been playing with little animal figures or whatever and when there’s a big, medium and small one she says I’m the big one and my husband is the medium one so that hit me a bit hard! How did you deal with it?
I think I was slightly shocked she said it, but it was towards the end of the evening and nobody else heard thankfully. So I managed to just laugh it off and then change the subject. If someone else had of heard I think I’d be mortified then, as it would have been made into a big deal then. With only me hearing I was able to play it down.
Totally get where you’re coming from, they really don’t mean anything by what they do or say or do at that age but it hits home in certain ways. It really has helped me to get straight back on plan 100% though today.

I too am a daily weigher (I think I read that you are) and I think I’ve put a couple of pounds on in one day, half a day, off plan. It’s probably bloat and can get rid off that quickly so back to it today and will just hope for a maintain this week.

DAY 18

So after yesterdays planned off plan afternoon, I really feel I need to get straight back on plan 100% today.

I have a sore throat (husband had a cold all last week) but I need to ensure I don’t feel sorry for myself and just crack on with a few extra paracetamol.

feel bloated after eating out yesterday, but will crack on this week and hope for a maintain at least. I won’t expect any more than that this week. Just want to stay in control, control is the main thing!

feeling a bit down in the dumps today about myself, how rubbish I look, and how I’ve let myself go. But the only way I can change this feeling is by controlling myself and halting my desires for food! Comfort eating will only make that worse, staying on plan will eventually make me feel in control and better about myself.

I also want to add that I need to remember I’ve probably a stone in total since January. I lost about half a stone before this diet plan started though it did take me several weeks. So I need to remember that since Jan I’ve lost a stone so that a dent in my weight loss!

A stone is a massive dent! We’re just not kind to ourselves and we don’t celebrate our success anywhere near as much as our struggles!

Hey anna.claire,

Sorry, i've been a bit MIA, but just catching up with you now. I really relate to so much of what you're saying - especially about the seeing friends/family thing. I had my second child at the start of the first lockdown and have felt like the last two years, i've been surviving, eating crap in the hope that it makes me feel better, and avoiding the scales/looking at myself in the mirror to kid myself about how big i had got...I think it really helps to have some good reasons behind doing a VLCD, especially when your own brain is trying to sabotage you with binging/comfort food!

Looking forward to following your journey! x

Been quiet the last few days, had a cold (kindly passed on from husband) and the planned off plan day on Sunday didn’t help as all I’ve thought about since is food, made it much harder again like day 1 all over.

I’m in work most of today, rather than wfh so that will keep me occupied with no temptation of walking to the kitchen.

Been quiet the last few days, had a cold (kindly passed on from husband) and the planned off plan day on Sunday didn’t help as all I’ve thought about since is food, made it much harder again like day 1 all over.

I’m in work most of today, rather than wfh so that will keep me occupied with no temptation of walking to the kitchen.
Anna, Flic and I have started a WhatsApp to buddy up - let us know if you want to join! Might help to have us to vent to when you’re feeling you’re about to give in.

That would be great @Jo1989 I’ve just sent you a message with my number I think.

I haven’t been perfect so far this week, and I was perfect for 2 weeks so I need something to pull it back in.

Trying to look at photos of clothes I’d like to buy if I lost a stone, 2 stone, 3 stone etc. to give me motivation about how I will feel it I continue and succeed, I’ve done it before I can do it again. My brain was in such a good motivated place for 2 weeks so my thoughts just seem to be spiralling now like there’s a devil telling me it doesn’t matter m give in, but I don’t want to. I’ve told myself that 2022 is the year where I start to feel better about myself so I need to control the urges, and think about where I could be in weeks, months time if I try.

I’ve put drink/water bottles etc on the side in the kitchen to remind myself to keep going today.
im trying to plan better too as I’ve not been focusing. so plan on a shake, a porridge, a soup today. And just fill myself with drinks and water.

Last edited:
Maintain for me this week.
Of course disappointing but I let myself down at the beginning of the week just wasn’t 100% on plan. So I’m ok with that.

Maintain for me this week.
Of course disappointing but I let myself down at the beginning of the week just wasn’t 100% on plan. So I’m ok with that.
So great you got back on track though!!

Maintain is excellent for getting back to plan - just think what it’ll show next week with a full good week behind you! xx

Hi ladies,
I’m completely new to this forum and Exante. Loving this thread to give me an idea of what the first few weeks look like. Do you mind me asking how things are going now?

Hi,

I am brand new to this forum and have been given some shake sachets from a friend so I can start today. I've been reading your posts and would love to know how you all have been getting on recently please.

Back