Exante Exercisers

Hi all, I have ordered a vibration plate from JTX. Work has been so hectic over the past few months with no end in sight. I figured if I can't get myself to go to the gym or do a DVD exercise program I should at least find 10 minutes before or after work to get on a power plate. - Is anyone else using one??

Hi Trickshot
I use a powerplate at the gym for half an hour three times a week. I don't think it is the same as a vibro plate as you have to do all the exercises with a personal trainer present but I have to say I love it. It is hard work though.
Mere x

I was back in the gym this morning. I did 10 mins on the treadmill then an hour Zumba class. The teacher worked us hard and I used up almost 500 cals. It felt really good. I will not be in the gym again until Monday so will have to take my son's dog for long walks along the beach.
Mere x

Hi, Mere,
when I go to the gym I also use the vibration plate (though only for 10mins) standing/squatting in various positions, and also doing the arms. It is a powerful plate and I'm under no illusion that the one I've just bought will be as good as the one at the gym but figure it's still better than nothing. :)
No idea how you can do it for 30 minutes though, my brain feels like total mush after just 10!

Oh, and well done on today's workout!!

Hi Trickshot
I work with a personal trainer and do sit ups, plank, lunges step ups etc. I don't like using weights except kettlebell so the Powerplate tones without the weights. I usually use up 200 calories in half an hour so it is hard work.
Mere x

Hey, Mere, sounds like you're in the zone. :) I don't mind doing weights, and will start going to the gym in the near future, am slowly building up the stamina again. ;) You're doing so well!

No exercise for me so far this week :(, but I did scrub my living room rug on my hands and knees today for about an hour :D
Does that count ? ;)
I wont be back to the gym proper until next week :(

I should think so! That's hard work. If you want this work-out to be a regular one, I can give you my address. :)

Scrubbing on hands and knees definitely counts as a workout. Bet you were sweating at the end of an hour but feeling great for a job well done.
Mere x

Totally sweating mere !!!

But did you feel good?
Mere x

I did ..... more so because the carpet looks tip top now :D

Back to the exercise routine. Went swimming for an hour yesterday which was good fun although the pool was baltic and it was snowing outside.
Kettlercise this morning for an hour. I was really pleased with myself as I kept up with the rest of the class most of whom are half my age!:D
When I was back in the changing room one of the ladies was complaining that the class was very difficult today because the trainer had introduced some new exercises. She has been doing the class for 2 years and I have been doing it for about 2 months and didn't find it difficult at all. I think having loss all this weight is helping bring my fitness level up. :D Won't manage to the gym tomorrow because my car is going in for a service. :(
Mere x

First day back at the gym tomorrow in about ten days. ... or it feels like that long :eek:

An hour of powerhoop this morning great fun and used up almost 500 cals. Body sculpt tomorrow. A really hard class.
Mere x

I didn't gym it today :eek:
The weekend had finally caught up with me ! And I needed sleep :)
I will tomorrow though :D

hope you enjoy your gym session tomorrow Marge. Are you finding your gym clothes are a wee bit too big now? My trousers kept falling down today with the powerhoop. Not going to buy any more for now though.
Mere x

hope you enjoy your gym session tomorrow Marge. Are you finding your gym clothes are a wee bit too big now? My trousers kept falling down today with the powerhoop. Not going to buy any more for now though.
Mere x

I have cancelled it again Mere :eek:
I have sooo much household stuff to catch up on, my mind won't rest until its done. Work keeps getting in the way too :rolleyes:
I have 3 sizes of gym stuff.... so im okay st the moment :)

Back