exante lifeline support

Keep resisting - it will all be worth it! A couple of hours on here takes my mind off food in a strange way lol
Bren xx

Yeah I'm here tonight as a distraction too lol.

Been a funny couple of days, as I'm now in week 2 of refeed I have introduced a couple of new things (fruit and muller light yogurt) and it's not going too well. :(

Scales have moved slightly in the wrong direction ffs and I am feeling hungry and a bit blue, I suspect I have gone too high too soon with the carbs. Was going to try adding in sweetcorn and peppers this week too but am going to leave it for at least a day or two now.

Ah well, I can probably ply the OH with the leftover strawberries and once they are gone I just won't get any more!

Hi Yam
The carbs get me too, fruit can be especially bad as you don't realise just how many carbs there are.............hope you feel better tomorrow.
Bren xx

Hi all , well im in weeks 3 and have lost a stone so far but weigh tomoz to get final result i want to lose another stone before i start to introduce food but i am a little scared that i wont know what to eat to maintain my loss as ive heard that sometimes when you do introduce carbs sometimes u put weight on even if its not that much ! Why is this ? What do you eat ?
Thanks xx

If you take in more carbs than your body needs the excess is stored in the liver as glycogen ready to be used as fuel at a later date. Glycogen binds water molecules to itself so you effectively retain water and the extra weight is that water.

That's why you usually lose more on the first week or so of ANY diet, cos once your body is in calorie defecit and you're not taking in as many carbs the glycogen gets used up and the water is released and departs your body in the normal way that water does. ;)

This is another reason why after a VLCD it's important to reintroduce food gradually and in a managed way, and why bingeing on carb-based food when you're dieting is so bad. You need to build up those glycogen stores gradually.

At the moment my body is not used to getting as many carbs as it used to, so if I accidentally give it too many it can all go a bit Pete Tong..........

Thanks yam thats very useful for me x

LOL no Shirley not a doctor, :eek: just someone who has struggled with her weight most of her adult life and has finally realised that I need to understand a bit about how my body works and what it needs to be able to treat it properly.

It's all very well doing any diet (and I've done most of them over the years believe me) but I've realised that part of the reason that I've never been able to maintain is cos I never bothered to find out why I lose weight and also why I gain it. It's like I've lived with this body all these years but I've never bothered to read the instruction manual you know? :D

My first 3 months on Exante when I was following it pretty much 100% and food was out of the equation have been an opportunity for me to really read up on stuff like this and I found once I got past some of the scientific jargon it was also pretty interesting. :)

I'm hoping that what I've learned this year will be useful now that I'm gradually refeeding, and will stay with me for maintenance as well.

So far so good........:cross:

Back