Exante VS Lighter Life

Thanks girly girl unfortunately for some of us there is no other choice and it's what we have to do, the results will be worth it in the end.

BF

ditto :)

I was also LL now exante and I prefer it, prefer the cost prefer the shakes and find this site much more useful than the LL counseling. Although I did prefer the LL bars, but I now just buy the biggest loser ones from tesco and the exante shakes :)

I have never quite worked out why people go to group sessions with a "counsellor" as 99% of said "counsellors" have no training whatsoever...
A friend of mine was going to do LL and decided to email the 10 nearest to her post code and ask them what counselling qualifications you needed to become a LL consultant...She was told by the 8 that replied all she needed really was to have lost weight through VLCD!!! and its the "counselling" that bumps up the price...Exante is defo the winner for me as its cheap,tastes fine and i have the freedom to not WI if i dont want to be chained to the scales...Or if its my TOTM and i know that i am going to have retained water more than usual..
Also having read that the CD lady that was weighed in her kitchen at whatever time of the day her "counsellor" turned up is in my opinion dreadful...All us dieters know how our weight fluctuates during the day..
Sorry for my over use of the word Counsellor..But i think the point i was trying to make is LL use the term very broadly too lol xx

Mind you if going to a stranger and being weighed and measured every week is what gets you to goal then good luck if thats their choice.

For me ....everything i need to help me get to goal via VLCD is right here on minimins xxxx

Great post! x

What did you decide OP??

For me tis Exante all the way and any support I need is right here on minimins...... :)

Hope your first day has gone well. X

Hi and welcome Nicci, yeah we can have coke zero, dr pepper zero and bouillon, hope you're getting on fine

BF

I did a post earlier not realising to look here first.. so im sory oops... Just a quicky as im wanting to convert too..... theres 100 extra calories a day compared to LL packs does this hinder the weightloss?? as LL is only 500 cals?? xx

I did a post earlier not realising to look here first.. so im sory oops... Just a quicky as im wanting to convert too..... theres 100 extra calories a day compared to LL packs does this hinder the weightloss?? as LL is only 500 cals?? xx

I have never done LL, so cannot compare between that and Exante. :)
To be honest, I wouldn't want to try another VLCD, as I have had great results on Exante, so will be sticking to it:).

I have read somewhere (sorry, I cant remember where - but its bound to have been on here somewhere) that a VLCD is a diet below 800cals, and there are no differences in weight losses between those at the upper calorie intake and those at the lower end.

I have never done LL, so cannot compare between that and Exante. :)
To be honest, I wouldn't want to try another VLCD, as I have had great results on Exante, so will be sticking to it:).

I have read somewhere (sorry, I cant remember where - but its bound to have been on here somewhere) that a VLCD is a diet below 800cals, and there are no differences in weight losses between those at the upper calorie intake and those at the lower end.

thanks thats helped sway my decision x

Technically speaking, it takes 3500 calories to burn 1lb of fat. Therefore an extra 100 calories a day would mean you burn 1lb less than on LL for every 35 days you complete. In the grand scheme of things i don't think you'd even notice this, and there are other effects to take into account such as how active you are, how much you drink, how good your sleep is, how your body responds to the calories in the packs/how good it is at absorbing them all which can vary from one diet to the next, salt content, metabolism, your current weight (burn cals slower when lighter) which also all influence your weightloss.
So in the grand scheme of things when taking all the other variables, that 100 calories is nothing really, and could be easily compensated for if you were still worried by doing the recommended 20 minutes of exercise. I also found my exante shakes fill me up much more than my last VLCD (Howard's way) which was also around 100 calories less per day, which leads to less temptation and better ability to stick to it.

Last edited:
Switched from LL

Doing LL but today thanks to this forum i have purchased a bumper pack from exante and looking forward to it.

valentine said:
I have never quite worked out why people go to group sessions with a "counsellor" as 99% of said "counsellors" have no training whatsoever...
A friend of mine was going to do LL and decided to email the 10 nearest to her post code and ask them what counselling qualifications you needed to become a LL consultant...She was told by the 8 that replied all she needed really was to have lost weight through VLCD!!! and its the "counselling" that bumps up the price...Exante is defo the winner for me as its cheap,tastes fine and i have the freedom to not WI if i dont want to be chained to the scales...Or if its my TOTM and i know that i am going to have retained water more than usual..
Also having read that the CD lady that was weighed in her kitchen at whatever time of the day her "counsellor" turned up is in my opinion dreadful...All us dieters know how our weight fluctuates during the day..
Sorry for my over use of the word Counsellor..But i think the point i was trying to make is LL use the term very broadly too lol xx

Mind you if going to a stranger and being weighed and measured every week is what gets you to goal then good luck if thats their choice.

For me ....everything i need to help me get to goal via VLCD is right here on minimins xxxx

Loool when I did CD six years ago my "counsellor " was quite mad ! About 70 and overweight ; I think she may have done the diet in 1960 !!! I went to her house once when she offloaded all her problems onto me and after that would meet her at the side of a road for what increasingly felt like a drug drop ( oh the White powder in those shakes) Sometimes there would be a few of us shivering on the roadside like addicts waiting for their dealer ..,,

Needles to say as soon as I lost some weight I said byeeee !!!
Oh my she used to wear one of those plastic rain hats me gran used to wear as well .....

Exante it is then !

I ended up buying it!! You guys twisted my arm ;) haha ! It was delivered today & I'm starting on Monday! Wish me luck! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Well done Lauryn and welcome. Look forward to hearing of your losses in the near future :D

Hi

I have did CD last year and lost a lot of weight however put it all back on plus more so i decided to try this one as couldnt face going back to CD, i think this diet is so much better and financially so much cheaper, i have only started today though so time will tell how i get on but this forum is fantastic for support, thanks all

Starting to get my life back

Hi Nicole, like you I am an ex LLifer, and, although it worked, the idea of repeating the counselling, not to mention spending all that money, is not as appealing as the first time.

I think it's fair to say we know it works, but the luxury of Exante is it's the same thing, a lot cheaper and no councilling.

I lost 5 stone on LL and maintained it for a few years but the last two years I managed to gain 6 stones back :(

My biggest fear is losing the incentive so I decided, by the inspiration seen here, to take the support offered in this forum.

My packs arrive Thursday so here's to a new old me :)

Nicole, it looks like we're going through the same thing so would love to hear how you are getting on :)

Hello...

My name's Nicole...I'm 28 and have been overweight for pretty much half of that!
Two years ago I lost 5 stone on CD (with much faffing about) but quickly put it all back on again...and more.

I've been around 15st 7lbs for most of my adult life but went up to 18st 3lbs last year in the lead up to my wedding...go figure?! I joined LL on 3rd March this year and am now down to 15st 7lbs again (after more faffing) but it's so expensive and to be honest, I'm not finding the group therapy very progressive or helpful...I can't shake the feeling (no pun intended) that I'm just another £72 a week to the counsellor and, having had CBT in the past, I don't think my counsellor knows what he's doing. I was under the impression that it was a closed group but people keep coming and going and we never move forwards with the workbooks. Also, we only get around 20 mins of 'group' time due to the sheer amount of people weighing in. I also can't help feeling disillusioned by the fact that Bar Hewitt, founder of LL has gone back up to a size 32! Not encouraging.

I'm finding that I resent spending th £72 a week and am very VERY tempted to try Exante....I'd be very grateful for some input from people who have tried both or who are on Exante...how is it without any kind of official support? Is there a structured plan for coming off it once you hit your target?

Any comments gratefully received! :)

Nicole x

So true!!

x

So true!!

x

I must admit I found the weigh in and comparisons the most helpful part of doing LL, but the councelling I felt was something we all knew deep down. My Exante packs arrive tomorrow and I think all you lovely supporters will be enough encouragement to keep me going xx

Back