Exciting News !!

To be fair to SW, it is not exclusively saying you have to cook from scratch to follow the plan otherwise there wouldn't be the lists of processed food that we can eat along side the unprocessed stuff.
Let's face it, there are loads of prepared meals that we can have on the plan now, some free, others synned but the choice is yours whether you eat it or not!
So SW are bringing out their own brand ( they were going to do this a few years ago, but it never materialised) ? I say it's been a long time coming, if it helps those that don't have the time to cook everyday......it's a personal choice, just like everything else on SW!!!

I think it's a boon for people who cannot cook and have no interest in learning how.
Remember that slimmer of the year bloke who just ate weightwatchers ready meals and lost many stones in weight. He gained weight through fast food and lost it through ready meals fair play I say!
In an ideal world it would be the 1950s and there would be a little woman chained to the oven and sink, in every home. I thank God we don't live in an ideal world or that little woman would be me!!!!!

This debate reminds me of the one when I mentioned I would love to be a 1950s housewife as I love being a domestic goddess and its far easier and less stressful than my job! Someone said running a house was hard work. I replied that I obviously had no idea what hard work was, as after putting in an 11 hour day I came home to dismiss the maid....

Anyway, its not a sad day for sw. If it helps people stick to plan, its good. In an ideal world we would shop for fresh produce daily and cook meals from scratch. I cook most meals from scratch because I love cooking. I can't imagine trying to diet without any knowledge or ability to cook. I work long hours and spend 2 1/2 hours travelling each day. Even I can't be bothered sometimes. It would be nice to have a change from jacket potato and beans on those days!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

This would be great for my 12hr shift days and nights!! I'm so excited thanks for sharing!! X

I normally find your posts balanced and fair Circes, but in this instance I find that comment rather dismissive and a little condescending to be frank.

Thank you for you opinion although I fail to see how could you feel it was dismissive and condescending. This is an open forum and that is my opinion, one which I have expressed in previous discussions on this subject, and one which I am entitled to express in the same way as everyone else is entitled to applaud this move. It was not a commentary on anyone or their choice to use these products, merely an expression of my disagreement with the direction which SW is taking.

I just hope the SW magazine doesn't turn into a big advertisement for these products. Mum does WW and when looking through her magazine there's an awful lot of WW product promotion.

So SW are bringing out their own brand ( they were going to do this a few years ago, but it never materialised) ?

I mentioned to my SW consultant a wee while ago about the M&S Fuller for Longer meals as the blurb made them sound v SW friendly (while actully they weren't :() and she said that the person that was working with SW to develop their meals range went to M&S and took his ideas with him. Maybe that is why the idea 'disappeared' for a bit?

Anyway - I am on the 'fab for long days/last minute meals' side of the fence. I normally cook everything from scratch but sometimes I really do not have time to make something appealing and SW friendly. A good cupboard emergency I think ;)

x

I personally wont use them but I have never used ready meals, I simply dont like the way they taste even the so called luxury or gastro ones, I work long hours 6am-6pm 4 days a week plus a few more hours on another day, I prep my food before work and use the slow cooker etc, but each to their own, sadly not everyone can cook, a friend once asked me if I had a shepherds pie mix?? I didnt even know such a thing existed as I'd always cooked from scratch, plus I actually enjoy cooking :)

In class a couple of years ago they had boxes which were coloured red n green and inside we all collected packages that were for the relevant day and syn free it was amazing so u cud dive into the red box and pull out a chicken sweet n sour from asda that was free. However our leader got told we had to stop it lol naughty people!! We got in trouble from the sw police. Interesting if they are bringing out their own they need to fit in with our busy lifestyles I would use them now and again x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'll judge them when they arrive on the supermarket shelves. No point in deciding before then as we have no idea what they are proposing to make and how we're supposed to use them yet.

For those who want something quick that they can grab off a shelf, don't forget that there are a range of soups that fall into a 'HEX B' choice. Just check out the SW Healthy Extras list.

I love cooking from scratch and I love the fact that SW encourages to do this!! However I am a right sucker for a new product and I will happily try them out when they hit the shelves! If the syn values are right and if they taste great I will continue to buy them as standbys! If I don't think they're worth the syns/money I probably won't bother with them again!!x

Hmm, we have heard this a lot before. It was mentioned when I joined SW years ago, mentioned last year and other times in between. I know it's been trialled in small areas of the UK in the past and hasn't gone into full production.

My thoughts - there are loads of SW friendly ready meals out there. Birds Eye pasta arrabiata is free on green/EE. There are fish pie things which are very low syn. The WW meals are fairly low syn. There are low syn Tesco ready meals.

As for soups - I don't think they'd be able to make them free as soups don't count for a free food allowance. Again, there's a huge variety of B choice soups available.

For me, I doubt I'll be buying SW soups/meals as I don't buy any of the above mentioned items.

It's all about choice, there are lots of things out there which are quick (supernoodles/savoury rice etc), we don't have to buy them.

What's next - TV advertising?? Something SW have never done apparently!

Really? I've never seen an SW advert on the TV and my consultant said SW have never ever done it.
You learn something new every day.

Probably not, as think they have changed direction since this. They now use the winners of the years on tv for there advertising

jaylou said:
As for soups - I don't think they'd be able to make them free as soups don't count for a free food allowance. Again, there's a huge variety of B choice soups available.

What's next - TV advertising?? Something SW have never done apparently!

At the rusk of sounding really stupid but why couldn't they make them syn free? I make syn free soups all the time. (I hope!!! :) )

Back