Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Yes, its 60 days, not 6 weeks. I'm not even going to think about it...

How y'all doin on day 2?

And ditto, what a brilliant idea by ceri-alli! It doesn't matter what you commit to, whether its 90, 60, 30, or even 10 minutes, as long as its a challenge for you and you're in in for the duration.

Go team!

Ok, I'm going to be thanking you less and less as the week progresses, alli. I'm in pain!!

Woopwoop! Completed day 2 of insanity, plyometric cardio. What fun is in store for me tomorrow, I wonder? :)

Great work yesterday, girls! Keep it up!

Tomorrow is struggling to get out of bed and waddling about like a penguin, but at least we'll all be one step closer to being a lean mean fighting machine!! x

OK, I'm in! I've decided to commit to 30 mins' cardio (low-level, because of my heart) 5 days a week for the next 6 weeks.

Yesterday I did 30 mins on the exercise bike, level 3, 75rpm (then weights)

Today it was 30 mins walking on the treadmill, 6.5kph, building up to gradient 2 (then pilates)

This is such a good idea of yours, Ceri xx

Fantastic, another recruit! Insanity is marketed as 60 days, but is actually 63 (I guess they've just rounded it!). I think Laura mentioned doing the 6 weeks 6 pack DVD, so there's a few different workouts floating around on the thread.

Well done on the cardio & pilates. I keep meaning to try pilates, my posture is terrible and think maybe it will sort me out!x

Day 2 of Insanity 'Plyometric Cardio Circuit' - DONE!

Phew, that was tough, especially after a long day at work. I managed to complete the warm-up without stopping, and also the next two rounds of suicide drills, power squats, mountain climbers & ski downs, by round three I had to take breaks though - I was exhausted and the sweat was literally dripping off me.

The last few rounds are a bit of a blur, but the moves I found the hardest were the basketball drills (where you have to constantly leap up as if you're trying to shoot a hoop), and in-and-outs (where you're in a plank position and you have to keep jumping in and out. Just when you think the whole thing is done Shaun T makes you throw some punches for a few minutes, urrghhh.... exhausting! Even though it was tough, I enjoyed it, let's hope this lasts!

Tomorrow is day 3 - Cardio Power & Resistance.

I hope everybody else had a good workout!!! Post your results on here! :)x

I am in and since I am already doing the 6 weeks 6 pack, I shall continue with it til the 16th of November then 30 day Shred from 17th Nov til 16 December! I shall be adding an hour of treadmill as soon as I get the treadmill and its looking like the end of month so hopefully by beginning of November. I shall be truly shredded by December I believe! :D Oh and Miss Class Mistress Ma'am Ceri Alli i do commit! :D

I didn't get out for a walk today cos of having to go to Job Centre with hubby and needing to list on ebay........SO.......I got my daugther and two wii remotes and we did half an hour of just dance. I was getting so lost all over the place, but it was fun. LOL.

going to do a ten min vibration plate exercise before bed.

Well done all your insane and shredded people LOL

I am in and since I am already doing the 6 weeks 6 pack, I shall continue with it til the 16th of November then 30 day Shred from 17th Nov til 16 December! I shall be adding an hour of treadmill as soon as I get the treadmill and its looking like the end of month so hopefully by beginning of November. I shall be truly shredded by December I believe! :D Oh and Miss Class Mistress Ma'am Ceri Alli i do commit! :D

Excellent work!!! Anybody caught slacking gets detention ;)x

ceridwen said:
Excellent work!!! Anybody caught slacking gets detention ;)x

I'm so scared that I'm in!! ;)

One hour's walk or 30 mins WII jumping up and down, 5 days a week.

Starts today!

P x

I didn't get out for a walk today cos of having to go to Job Centre with hubby and needing to list on ebay........SO.......I got my daugther and two wii remotes and we did half an hour of just dance. I was getting so lost all over the place, but it was fun. LOL.

going to do a ten min vibration plate exercise before bed.

Well done all your insane and shredded people LOL

Well done DF!x

Woohoo! Welcome, Pauline and becca. And congrats Karin and Sara on your workouts.

I managed day 3 of insanity: cardio power and resistance! My face was not as red as yesterday, but i sweated more :) I'm looking forward to the fact that tomorrow's workout is called 'cardio recovery', but I doubt it will be as easy as it sounds...

Its interesting that everyone finds different exercises difficult - not that any of them are easy. I'm actually ok with the basketball jumps and squats because of body pump, but the push ups are killing me!

Good luck everyone!!

Ive started the coach to 5k and doing zumba once a wk(first time tonight) bit nervous....was doing my running on my treadmill but have decided to sell it and go run outside yay lol...must say am shattered only strated the running last week

It's great to see more people joining! Pauline, I never thought I'd see the day...! DF, I'm well impressed you improvised to make sure you didn't miss a day, well done you.

Discovered the true value of this thread/pledge this morning when I wanted to do a pilates class at lunchtime so almost didn't do my bike and weights routine, but I would have been cheating so I did both! 30 mins on the bike, level 3, 75 rpm, done for another day! I can hold my head up high!

Jolly hockey sticks, eh Ceri xx

I can confirm that I too am on it like a car bonnet
Trying to do a DVD every day
Does ' any' type of exercise count!!!!! Lol!!!!! If u get my drift?! Xx

Laurab21 said:
I can confirm that I too am on it like a car bonnet
Trying to do a DVD every day
Does ' any' type of exercise count!!!!! Lol!!!!! If u get my drift?! Xx

Errrr, sure! Anything that achieves sustained panting for at least half an hour. ;-)

sarafvrm said:
Discovered the true value of this thread/pledge this morning when I wanted to do a pilates class at lunchtime so almost didn't do my bike and weights routine, but I would have been cheating so I did both! 30 mins on the bike, level 3, 75 rpm, done for another day! I can hold my head up high!

Jolly hockey sticks, eh Ceri xx

Exactly. I wouldn't have managed day 1 without it. the fear of explaining myself to ceri was enough motivation :)

Well done, Sara! Doubly good!

Dukanista said:
Errrr, sure! Anything that achieves sustained panting for at least half an hour. ;-)

Half an hour!!!!!! HAAHAA!!

Back