Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

30 mins crosstrainer & a swim

Ok I am back on the challenge!!

Managed to walk for 4 hours this week. Set myself a goal of walking to work at least 3 times a week, and I did that Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, one hour, 5.5 - 5.9km, depending on the route. And then a lovely long river walk on Saturday with OH.

Found a very cool free app called endomondo that is a great motivator: you choose your exercise (walking, cycling, running, etc), click start and then it tracks your route, calorie consumption, ave speed, etc. and you can upload your route to FB when you're done. Unfortunately I forgot to turn it off before jumping on the ferry yesterday, and I had a few comments about my swim, starting iron man, etc :)

Still waiting for the scale to arrive to check my weight, but at least I am starting to feel leg muscles again!

I have started some new classes and also the josie( from BB fame) dvd! I hate her but its amazing! Did day 2 of that today and also the park run in Harrogate! Go me!

Go you!! :)

Found a very cool free app called endomondo that is a great motivator: you choose your exercise (walking, cycling, running, etc), click start and then it tracks your route, calorie consumption, ave speed, etc. and you can upload your route to FB when you're done. Unfortunately I forgot to turn it off before jumping on the ferry yesterday, and I had a few comments about my swim, starting iron man, etc :)
!

Thanks for that, I've just downloaded it, hopefully it will help me to do the distance i need to do.

I need to start my daily 20 mins walk
I never did do it every day and only now am i starting to do more exercise. A little each day.

Hey All, I go to an intense exercise class most week days (it's kinda like crossfit) and I was wondering if anyone wanted me to post the routines? I have all of the ones I've gone to since the start of Janurary written down. If people are interested I can start a new thread with daily posts :) I would also possibly be able to substitute exercises for ones people might feel wary of, if say they have any injuries, and post links to videos detailing the different exercises.

Hey All, I go to an intense exercise class most week days (it's kinda like crossfit) and I was wondering if anyone wanted me to post the routines? I have all of the ones I've gone to since the start of Janurary written down. If people are interested I can start a new thread with daily posts :) I would also possibly be able to substitute exercises for ones people might feel wary of, if say they have any injuries, and post links to videos detailing the different exercises.
Yes, interested please!

Right then ladies (any gents around these days?). Time to dust off those trainers and get the exercise challenge back up and running!

Sara suggested a Christmas deadline, which is only 4 months away, but enough time to get in shape (just so we can stuff ourselves like turkeys!!)

So, choose your poison and let's get some commitments: whether it's walking 30 mins a day, getting to gym twice a week or making it through a month of Insanity: anything goes.

My weekly goal is this:
- cycling 50km a week (three times a week to work, plus bits and pieces on the weekend)
- start doing press ups and squats again in the mornings before work
- walking 2-3 hrs a week.

So who's in: Becca, Sara, lady P...?

Good for you, Zoe! What's your routine? (I know about the Zumba at least!) You were doing spinning too, right?

Can I join too please??

I'l be doing a 15 minute strength in the mornings & then 30 minute cardio (If I can manage that long) then power plate/vibration plate for 10 minutes, determined to drop a proper dress size :D I shall succeed..... I think.

Woohoo! Welcome, Em. Sounds like a great plan. I suggest we give ourselves a week to get into the flow and start for real next week.

Okie dokie :D sounds like a plan to me!"

Gym done today- full body workout
aching allover already!

Good for you, Zoe! What's your routine? (I know about the Zumba at least!) You were doing spinning too, right?

No spinning hurts lol

At the mo its just Zumba for 45mins 3-4 times a week, have been going to the gym more and found out I can run! Few walks to the shops and back during lunch time is my routine lol

Great stuff china! What are you doing: running, classes, weights...?

Back