Exercise DVDs ???

Silence

Bouncing back
Hey
I'm thinking now the winter nights are drawing in and its going to get cold and wet I might need to convert to an indoor exercise.
Does anyone know any good not too hard exercise DVDs. Preferably ones where no equipment is needed (like a gym ball etc.)
Thanks

~Silence~

Callenetics is lots of very small movements and a real killer! But you can do as much or as little as you like (you dont have to do each exercise for the whole time) and it is very good and very effective.

Have also used Jennifer James (she used to be in Coronation Street) - it was good, because there is a 10 mins, 20mins and 30 mins work out depending on how much time you have.

I dont know which of the dance ones are good tho.

Thanks! I'll look into it.
I'm not wanting a dancing one really (I should have said that in my original post) I don't like dance music so it's not very inspiring. Callentics sounds interesting though.

My friends recommend Natalie Cassidy's she is/was Sonia in Eastenders. And Davina Mcall's.

~Silence~

I just got 'Elle Glam Fitness - 40+ minutes of a Total Toning workout'
Will let you know how it goes.
I like Reebok Step but you need the step...

i use the rosemary conley 5day fat burner.......it is split into 10minute workouts which you can either do 10minutes a day, 20mins, 30 mins et etc, you get to choose how much you wana do, and also two of these workouts is toning the hips, thighs and abs.

so i workout on this basis:

monday : 30minutes aerobic routine
tuesday : 10minute aerobic routine and 10mins of hips & thigh toning
Wednesday: 30minutes aerobic routine
Thursday: 10minute aerobic routine and 10mins of abs toning
Friday : 30minute aerobic routine
Saturday: off
Sunday: 20minutes hips and thigh toning and abs toning.

Hope this helps. xx

The Davina McCall one I have seen on adverts and she pulls those annyoing faces (that she ALWAYS does when interviewing). If you find her irritating (even slightly) I would avoid it!

The dance ones use different music, I know there are salsa ones & hip hop, so I presume there are other types of music too?? I dont know.

I think the ones (like the Rosemary Connelly one) sound good because its not off putting having a whole hour work out!

xx

Yeah I'm liking the sound of the Rosemary Connelly one. I think I might try and find a salsa one too... for the fun of it.

My favourites are Isabella Hervey (easy to follow, but a tough workout as it's essentially circuit training, but next to no space is needed), Charlie Brooks (same trainer as natalie Cassidy, so probably quite similar) and Geri Body Yoga (almost the exact workout I was doing when I was learning yoga in India - she doesn't say too much either!)

I love my The Hollywood Workout with Nancy and Bobby. You can get it cheaply on Amazon - think mine was 2.50 from Matalan a couple of years ago. They use weights and gym ball but also demonstrate household alternatives for everything so you don't need equipment. It's 3 x 20 min weights workouts working different areas of the body. I usually only do 1 workout a time - 20 mins is my limit! It's totally cheesy and very American but it's a great workout - even my fitness fiend hubby enjoys doing it with me (with far heavier weights than I use!)

And I forgot to say my other choice is Callanetics. Hard, but fantastic results. Just take a look at the hour-by-hour improvements to people's bodies that Callan Pinckney shows in her books (check your library or ebay). They are 1980s videos/dvds but the results more than make up for the dodgy hair, music and leotards!
My sister did 2 hours of Callanetics a week and within a couple of months she had shrunk - she had a really tight body but hadn't really lost weight.

I just got 'Elle Glam Fitness - 40+ minutes of a Total Toning workout'
Will let you know how it goes.
I like Reebok Step but you need the step...

The 'Elle Glam' toning DVD is really challenging (to me!). I think it is good and worth it. Have you found any exercise DVDs you like yet?

I've not bought any yet but I have been looking.
I recently tried a tai chi one that I bought a while ago and really liked that, so I've been doing that. I've also been walking, the weather here (in France) is nicer than it is in the UK.

~Silence~

I've also been walking, the weather here (in France) is nicer than it is in the UK.
~Silence~

Umm...... Not trying to make us jealous now, are you?! Enjoy the weather out there :)!

there ok i sometimes watch them

if you fancy a salsa dvd, then Tracy Shaw Salsacise is pretty good, and not too difficult either (and its not a new release so i think i picked it up off amazon for around £6) but you do feel pushed by the end of it. I have to mute her out when she speaks, but I tell myself that if i do it enough, soon I'll be dancing with a man as gorgeous as the one on the dvd! :D

if you fancy a salsa dvd, then Tracy Shaw Salsacise is pretty good, and not too difficult either (and its not a new release so i think i picked it up off amazon for around £6) but you do feel pushed by the end of it. I have to mute her out when she speaks, but I tell myself that if i do it enough, soon I'll be dancing with a man as gorgeous as the one on the dvd! :D

hahaha! Always a good incentive!!!! £6 off amazon is pretty good. That site is a god-send!!!

I also found some exercise videos online on a site called slimtree. I've joined and will get round to doing them at some point.... will let you know how I get on.

~Silence~

Was just reading this and thought I would give some input!

I have a Nell McAndrew exercise dvd and it is soooo good! She does the whole workout and you can tell shes giving it her all, instead of some celebrities who are obviously not lol

I have one called Maximum Impact and beginners would probably find it hard at first like I did, but you find it gets easier quite quickly! Its really good because u dont need much space to do it as its all on the spot. Also if you get too tired you can just walk on the spot until you feel ready to join in again.

The dvd consists of a warm up, then interval training (with lots of punching and stuff! lol) then theres a weight lifting bit (you dont need weights though, I dont use them and it really works your arms still) then theres a toning bit for bums n tums (stomach crunches and press ups and stuff) and then a cooling down section.

Also another plus is you can buy the dvd off of Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery for £4.99 and its free delivery too so you cant go wrong there! :)

There are 4 Nell McAndrew dvds on there and the most expensive one is £5.99, so it all depends on which one you think would be best for you. I havent tried any of the others but I'm sure they would be as good as the maximum impact dvd I have :)

Katie xxx

Back