Exercise... Eating back the cals/points/syns

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by mrsp14, 27 January 2014 Social URL.

1. mrsp14

mrsp14 Member

So I guess this applies to many people here.... I'm personally calorie counting but it was a question when I did weight watchers too.
    When exercising I burn a fair wack of calories.... According to my fitness pal I can eat them in addition to my daily calorie allowance....
    But should I?
    What does everyone else do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BerryBerry

BerryBerry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    Healthy living, calorie aware
    I don't personally - plus I have never totally believed the accuracy of calorie burn estimators even the HRM I had...

That said, if I am feeling weak before/during exercise or ridiculously ravenous after I will have a little something extra or perhaps increase my portion for dinner. I think listen to your body and don't eat them back for the sake of it. I found I got into the habit of going to several gym classes or on a run and seeing 400 or so "burnt" on my HRM and thinking that meant a bar of choc or icecream almost every day would do no harm! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.