Exercise!

I have tried spinning before (it really hurt my bum even though I have lots of padding ;) ) and Zumba but had to stop going to zumba because it was always fully booked and trying to get booked on kept really stressing me out! Nightmare.

So now i do an hour of Body Combat, 30 min swim and one gym session a week :)

Hannata thanks alot for advice :) I been getting a bit of pain in one of my knees nothing too bad, I know its cos of weight! I will keep an eye on it! might try spinning at some point! today I have done 20 mins zumba intense work out ... gosh that was hard going and think a bit too much! I also did 20 mins on wii fit.. so happy with self and see how I feel tomorrow x

Yeah don't give up cause of it, just try doing different things each day so you aren't impacting on the same area each time.. thats the best advice I can give.

I wasn't able to use the treadmill for a long time - infact I've only just started to go on it for any significant length of time, after a years worth of gym training. It takes time, and weightloss will DEFINITELY help.

The difference in my knees now is unbelievable. I could barely kneel down without severe pain in BOTH knees. Even when I did I had to lean on something to get down gradually, not just landing on my knees.

Now, about 2 stone down, I can get down on my knees relatively gracefully (well compared to the old stumbling disaster I was) which has made a HUGE difference to my day to day quality of life. :)

I know what you mean about the class thing, that must be a pain. Thankfully my gym hold a policy of booking on the day of the class only, so all I have to do is ring before I head to work and I can get a class, yay.

i too have to work round ailments and i'm just coming back after a major op end september, it took me a long time to recover.

i go to the gym twice a week and do cardio and weights, i do aqua aerobics, zumba on the wii fit and have a long walk each week.

i don't know how many points i've earned but i don't use them anyway.

sounds like you do a fair bit Rosie! I am sure thats a fair few AP. I am not a lover of the cardio stuff, suppose I am a whimp and dont like the sweating and panting bit ha ha! but got to get used to it I suppose! When I used to go the gym I enjoyed the weights, and I read some where that you actually burn more calories but not sure if thats right! I know I need to improve my cardio tho, so going to try work on it! Hannata you're being an inspiration thank u :) Our gym have got a new bike called crank... I might try that, you dont peddle with your legs its all upper body! and apparently they got one of those vibrating plates and apparently u just stand there and they work your muscles... sounds good for those days my knees are hurting!

while we talking about excercise, I am a bit concerned that if i do too much at begining my body will get used to it and I will have to do more to make changes in weight! as our consultant said that if u already do excercise u cant count that as AP as your body is used to it! what are peoples views of this?

sounds like you do a fair bit Rosie! I am sure thats a fair few AP. I am not a lover of the cardio stuff, suppose I am a whimp and dont like the sweating and panting bit ha ha! but got to get used to it I suppose! When I used to go the gym I enjoyed the weights, and I read some where that you actually burn more calories but not sure if thats right! I know I need to improve my cardio tho, so going to try work on it! Hannata you're being an inspiration thank u :) Our gym have got a new bike called crank... I might try that, you dont peddle with your legs its all upper body! and apparently they got one of those vibrating plates and apparently u just stand there and they work your muscles... sounds good for those days my knees are hurting!

while we talking about excercise, I am a bit concerned that if i do too much at begining my body will get used to it and I will have to do more to make changes in weight! as our consultant said that if u already do excercise u cant count that as AP as your body is used to it! what are peoples views of this?

Thank you ^___^

You're burning calories whatever exercise you do, because it raises your HR. Different things are more efficient... but whatever you do just keep at it and it'll make a difference. :)

re pressure plates: They vibrate your feet so the bottom of your feet are not touching the plate. Which means your muscles naturally tense up to hold you in place. But using them as a sole workout is a no no. They are pointless that way. You need to have worked the muscles you are aiming to hit... give them a little fatigue first. I find it great for my calves. Calf raises on their own don't give my legs much of a workout anymore, but the additional tension from the plate does.

Put it this way.... if its not hurting after 30 seconds you aren't doing it right :p

You are better to build up exercise slowly so you don't injure yourself... but yes... sadly your body will get used to it. I'm facing that problem at the mo... i've been exercising for a year and eating my points (no exercise points eaten, just dailies and weeklies.) but I'm mysteriously not losing weight. Putting on infact. >_>

but the theory is the more muscle you have the more calories your body needs to survive. But your metabolism is adaptable, and will change to suit what you are giving it.. so its a real trial and error getting it right. Some people can get through it fine if they eat their points... some people have to tweak.

I have a funny feeling that when I anally track my points I'm not eating enough. I was expecting a huge loss when I tracked everything... I was overestimating guesses rather than underestimating... measuring everything... exercise (but less than normal) and I put on half a pound. Gr.

I generally don't eat my AP's but I'm probably going to have to reconsider if I dont lose anything this week... because I'm very likely to lose the plot and kill someone if I don't lose anything :)

p.s crank sounds fun.... give it a go!! You'll be kicking yourself if you don't :p

hmmmm lots to think about! I am so determined to loose it this time that i have gone at it like a bull in a china shop he he! I haven't managed to eat all my points and haven't had any of my weeklie points... didn't know u had to, and I dont want to eat for sake of eating, trying to get out of that! hmmmm have to see how I go I suppose but I know i been more hungry doing exercise x

i think the key with this is to mix things up a lot, don't do the same things week in week out. at the gym i do things for a couple of weeks and then change it before my body gets chance to get used to it.

as for the weights they do burn quite a bit of calories but i do it more for the toning up , i've only been back on the weights four weeks and i can already see a difference.

i started with aqua and walking and doing a bit on the wii and have gradually built it up.

*Hannata just a thought for you, if i have too many sweet things i don't lose weight and i'm not talking about cakes etc, even too much fruit does is. so i limit my intake to one sweet treat a day and two pieces of fruit, it's took a few years of dieting to figure this out for me.

hope you manage to lose this week.

I started the EA Sports Active 2 9 week programme yesterday. I love it. Really, really hard work, but you feel great afterwards!

I'm also goingf to do a bit of wii fit daily, but don't enjoy this as much. It seems sedentary compared to SA2.

I have zumba as well and will persevere with it, but I am useless!

I watched almost all of 2006 biggest loser yesterday (I think this got my motivation going) because I still cannot believe the difference in Jodie. Very inspirational!

Hello :)

Ive done 33APs this week so far and will prob do between another 10 and 20 today :)

The race for life where I am is this Sunday and im doing it (yay) which will be great! Im also doing the St. Michaels Midnight Walk on the 2nd of July :)

Buying Zumba on Thursday after hearing some great advice off lucylis ;)

Ruth
x

Starkissed, I am doing the couch to 5k - using an iPhone app called get running, bug you can download podcasts for mp3 too. Just coming to the end of week 2 and I'm loving it!

I am blogging about it if you want a peek- http://afatchickrunning.blogspot.com

i think the key with this is to mix things up a lot, don't do the same things week in week out. at the gym i do things for a couple of weeks and then change it before my body gets chance to get used to it.

as for the weights they do burn quite a bit of calories but i do it more for the toning up , i've only been back on the weights four weeks and i can already see a difference.

i started with aqua and walking and doing a bit on the wii and have gradually built it up.

*Hannata just a thought for you, if i have too many sweet things i don't lose weight and i'm not talking about cakes etc, even too much fruit does is. so i limit my intake to one sweet treat a day and two pieces of fruit, it's took a few years of dieting to figure this out for me.

hope you manage to lose this week.

I do eat some sweet things, but I do try to have the majority of my points on meals.. with regards fruit, I don't eat a lot of it.. bananas I will have, but I point them.

I do agree with mixing it up! It keeps your body on its toes, and the most important of all - I enjoy doing things when they are changed a lot. I do as many different things as possible (a lot of it is thanks to my personal trainer) and I'm getting a full body workout and always keeping it fresh.

Does anyone have any good wii games that are designed more towards the yoga/less intense type exercises? I'd love to hear if anyone knows any good ones because I'm trying to incorporate it into my already jam packed full regime :p

The only one I really know about is wii fit itself as it has a yoga section. I'm sure there's a proper yoga one as I was looking at fitness 'games' when I was getting the wii.

you could be right about not eating enough, i've done that in the past and my body revolted.
you seem to be doing a eck of a lot to not eat any of the points.

at the moment i'm trying to strenghen my knees (arthritis in both) as i'm going up mount vesuvius in october, can't wait :D

you could be right about not eating enough, i've done that in the past and my body revolted.
you seem to be doing a eck of a lot to not eat any of the points.

at the moment i'm trying to strenghen my knees (arthritis in both) as i'm going up mount vesuvius in october, can't wait :D

I've definitely eaten more this week, also exercised more. Wasn't as strict with portions in some of my meals so I've probably eaten a good portion of my APs

I will cry if I haven't lost something... :(

I've got arthritis in my knees and an injury in my left... its really hard sometimes but you do get there eventually as long as you listen to the pain and not push through it. Arthritis is a complete different scale to fatigue or muscle pain from exercise.. we HAVE to look after our joints as we only have one. Muscles repair themselves, joints don't xx

:( haven't done any exercise today. excuse is I have felt pretty crap in myself!:sigh: but up and at em tomorrow as the saying goes. think I will look at what classes are on at gym.. pick one and take the plunge and go! :D I am really going to go for another few pound off next week! even 1 1/2 will give me my silver 7 :)

Lucy and hannata, hope it goes ok for you and you feel better. Xx

I was up at 6.30 doing 30 min workout on sports active 2 on Wii. Sweated buckets but feel so virtuous!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hannata you have great motivation and will power from what I have seen. Maybe your body has become accustomed to it... I read somewhere you have to confuse yr body. So if you eat equal points every day... Maybe try varying amounts each day but still equalling same points a week if that makes sense? Not sure if it will work but worth ago. Also do you measure your self? U could be loosing inches x

Sassia well done you... Thats commitment at half 6. I never went to bed til after half one was watching a film and didn't realise time.... Need to get butt into action x

I will cry if I haven't lost something... :(

xx

hope you lose tonight hun , good luck.

i've just been to Aqua, i luv it because i really feel like i've done something but it doesn't hurt during or after. just checked on WW site and it said 4pp,good start to the day.

Thanks Lucy. I have just eaten a slice of cheesecake someone brought into work though. I didn't even enjoy it that much. It was so rich and sickly. I've been eating so well that its alien to me!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back