Exercise!

Hi everyone, I am a bit fed up, in alot of pain with knee and ankle :-( so cant exercise and its really getting me down. I think pain is connected somehow and think its through doing running on spot as part of one of exercise routines. I have looked it up and doesn't suggest I should stop but really DONT want to cause more damage. Has anyone else experienced this pain when exercising? And any suggestions as what to do would be great x

I am going to attempt a couple of sections of my zumba Fitness DVD's tonight. I have watched them, but not done them yet

Lucylis when i first started exercising i found that the pain in my knee even made it difficult to walk so i went and bought a couple of knee supports and rested for a few days then just started off again gently. I did manage to goto the gym and use the x-trainer, bike and treadmill last week with only a little discomfort but without the knee supports last week so i know they are getting stronger.
Dont forget that your body needs time to rest between exercise so dont push yourself too hard, maybe try swimming or walking for a few days.

I have much better losses on the weeks I consistantly exercise. I love zumba but cant attend classes right now so I bought the dvd (which Im about to do after I post this lol) I also find that plain old brisk walking can be enough to shift an extra pound or two so I try to do that as much as I can. I've never used up activity points though as I'm not quite sure how it would help losses. Does anyone have Zumba dvd and zumba wii? Which is best? I'm trying to decide if Its worth buying it for the wii or just stick with dvd. x

Good luck with ur Zumba Jo :-D.
Marryb I have Zumba for wii its good as suppose to track your movements. But I am not sure how reliable that is with just the controller strapped ti your hip! I have just invested in the kinect and can imagine it to give good feed back on there as scans your whole body. As for Zumba tho, its a good workout so DONT think it matters what its on... As long as you are shaking your butt hehe.
I bought that your fitness evolved for kinect and tried it today, its madness seeing yourself standing on the screen next to trainer... It scans in your shape :-( so yes it made me more determined ti loose this flab ... As didn't like the shape I saw... Which obviously is me... Be good seemingly shape change on it tho.... When knee is better that is x

Lucylis i cycle most days and didnt find it a strain on my knees like the other exercises so that is still my main form of exercise, just take things steady and only do what feels comfortable for you.

Gel seats are a good investment. Two years ago my OH bought me a very nice road bike which we decided to go out on one sunny saturday morning, we cycled out to an ice-cream shop which is about 15 miles from where we live, when we got there it was such a lovely day and i was feeling confident that we decided to carry along the road to Mablethorpe which is 32 miles from where we live. Got there fine but cycling home i think i would have been more comfy sat on a razor blade, i could have cried for the last 20 miles home. We had to stop every 5 miles so i could stretch and sit on the ground which was more comfy than the bike seat. We did manage to get home and we cycled a total of 64 miles that day which is still the furthest i have cycled in one day. My rear has abit more padding now so the seat doesnt seem so bad atm :)

he he needsm... i would be happy cycling a couple of miles at mo! small steps for me I think! I am in agony with knee and ankle at mo :-( just put some tiger balm on to see if it helps! its sooooo annoying as I really am motivated to exercise at mo and I cant :-( doesn't help that I currently feel like I could eat a horse! so drinking lots of iced lemon water and see if that helps!

Just take it steady and i am sure you will be fine in a few days, just watched Biggest Loser US and someone on there said loosing weight is a marathon not a sprint and i think that about sums up most of our weight loss journeys. I damaged my knee starting the c25k in the wrong shoes. Its better to take things slowly than to try rushing things and doing yourself more damage. I have got one of those bears you put in the microwave for aches, looks abit cruel though watching it go around :)

I want to do my Zumba DVD but i only had my dinner about an hour ago. Do you think it will be ok? I don't want to be sick :character00115:

Have you done it before kookie?

Ruth
X

Ok all I was gonna say was that the 1st time is quite hard so hydrate yourself but lay off the food :)

You'll get right into it and love it!

Ruth
X

tried another spin class and it was good craic :)

got 3 pt sessions (had to cancel one of last weeks... my quad got a bit pulled and sore) so i'll not be doing a spin this week... I'm only physcially able to do 3 classes/pt a week, the rest will be less intense exercise on my own in the gym :)

Ok all I was gonna say was that the 1st time is quite hard so hydrate yourself but lay off the food :)

You'll get right into it and love it!

Ruth
X

I didn't do it in the end, I got absorbed into the Apprentice and then Fringe was on and that's me lost lol

I am going to do it tonight when I get in :D

Back