Exercise

floss

Helloo slim&save loveles, how are we all? (do tell!)

Just a little question...what's the deal with exercise on the plan? When I was looking into cambridge it was advised to not exercise at all as it apparently could interfere with weight loss...their total plan is like 450cals a day I think though whereas I'm on 650 so not sure if that makes a difference. I have a gym membership just sitting there and I quite enjoy the gym...I wouldnt go silly as we are on such low cals but I just wondered your thoughts on this :)

Helloooo im good Thankyou, hungry!! Lol and you?

So I think this is down to personal preference, some do small amounts and are fine, me personally feel awfull exercising on slim and save, you could always give it a go but start small.

I go to aerobics and have stopped while I've started this however I do need to start doing toning exercises everyday as I'm getting close to goal.

Hope this helped xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

if you have a membership make sure you use it. Just take care. the best time to exercise is in the morning before you eat but you must be aware that you may get very hungry if you overdo it. Try lifting weights to keep your muscle while you lose. I would avoid too much aerobic activity - but try walking on the treadmill.

I'd avoid the gym really, personally anyway. If I was going to go, I'd do quite gentle resistance training rather than any real cardio. You'll likely get tired, hungry and burnt out otherwise.

Helloo slim&save loveles, how are we all? (do tell!)

Just a little question...what's the deal with exercise on the plan? When I was looking into cambridge it was advised to not exercise at all as it apparently could interfere with weight loss...their total plan is like 450cals a day I think though whereas I'm on 650 so not sure if that makes a difference. I have a gym membership just sitting there and I quite enjoy the gym...I wouldnt go silly as we are on such low cals but I just wondered your thoughts on this :)

Last year I lost a ton of weight on Exante whilst hitting the gym pretty hard, I plan to do the same in a few weeks (my membership is currently froze), did a lot of jogging, cycling and weights so I'll be doing the same and hoping to see the same results :)

Thats really interesting. I went to the gym yesterday and my stamina was way down, only did a light workout and felt incredibly wobbly walking home and today I feel awful. Maybe I need to persevere? I wonder why the cambridge consultant says it can hinder weight loss then? Weird!

Don't know, I think it'll be really beneficial on this particular diet especially with the extra protein meal :)

Think it's basically because you're getting so few calories and so little protein that if you put much extra strain on your body through exercise then it'll start to shut down and hold on to everything for fear of not getting enough to keep it going.

Heavy exercise dies tend to slow weight loss on VLCDs. The key thing is to do what you feel capable of and not pushing yourself further. Some people stick to strength training and don't do any cardio. Personally I didn't exercise during the diet but started it when I was at goal.

I experienced this in a way I didn't expect on Wednesday - walking around all day on a city break. We ended up walking probably about 7 miles or so throughout the day and my legs just wouldn't walk any further, I think they just ran out of energy. In myself I felt ok but it literally was like wading through treacle as we headed back to our Riad, I could barely put one foot in front of the other! Very very strange, and given I wouldn't have considered walking to be really that much of an exercise, just goes to show what happens when you're running on (fairly) empty and expecting your body to do more.

I felt physically weak and exhausted to the point of feeling sick after just half an hour of trying to build a snowman a few weeks ago!!

Back