Exercise

Nixxy

I'll admit... i'm a yoyo VLCD'er and one of the things I worry about most is getting lighter, but having lost a lot of muscle tone doing it. I really want to not only lose weight, but tone up at the same time. I've done some exercise on VLCD;s before - taekwondo (which I was doing anyway), and swimming (which I refuse to do over a certain weight so is out for now)... but this time i'd like to take on more, and was looking mostly at my first challenge being the 30 day shred.

I was just wondering what others we're doing and if it had any effect, bothly on weight loss (not wanting to speed it up, just wondering if i'll get discouraged if I slow it down) but more importantly on energy levels and mood.

My aim is to do sit ups and kettlebells daily for toning once I've settled into the diet.

I'm barely exercising at the moment as I'm worried about the whole recovery thing (we need carbs & protein to build muscle). So... but I'm still losing weight. I know I'm motivated to exercise when I'm not on the plan so I'm not worried about not taking up exercise afterwards to maintain my weight.

The S&S site should tell you the guidelines for exercise, it sure does in the booklet. :) Good luck!

I tried the 30 day shred on this diet an I felt so drained for the rest of the day that I need tried again it was too much for me personally!!! I'm hoping to re-try when I'm close to goal :) xx

maybe not such a good idea then :/ and I should really re-read the booklet sometimes. Right now after losing a few stone I feel like I have so much energy I just want to do something, rather than just feeling blobby and uncomfortable in my own body >.<

I love 30 day shred. It has given me toned shoulders &amp; arms nothing else has ever given me arm definition. I'm starting Slim and Save this week and will be continuing my 30 day shred. At the moment I do it with my husband and we have one day off a week. It's only a 20 min workout &amp; there's modified moves. We've just made it to level 3 and have been doing it since June

Back