Exercising on little sleep

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
Hello happy shiney people!!

I have been planning to start 6am gym sessions, and i want to start tomorrow. However as I am working lates tonight (till 10pm but probably won't sleep till gone midnight ) do i have a valid excuse to not go or shall i man up and grow a pair and do it anyway? I am quite large and don't want to topple off the treadmill because I am half asleep, or put myself off doing it because it's 100 times harder when your tired.

Anyone have any wisdom, knowledge, experience to throw at me?

Alright then. Man up. You already know the answer to this.

I think it'll wake you up and you'll be tired later on, but the 6am workout will be quite manageable.

Edited to add: did you think people were going to tell you to stay in bed? :D

Further edited to add: if you DO fall over, don;t sue me

Alright then. Man up. You already know the answer to this.

I think it'll wake you up and you'll be tired later on, but the 6am workout will be quite manageable.

Edited to add: did you think people were going to tell you to stay in bed? :D

Further edited to add: if you DO fall over, don;t sue me

hahaha : no I didn't think many people would tell me to stay in bed, the good part of my brain posted this to tell the bad part to get its lazy ass outa bed in the morning!!

Its ok, I have a failsafe, hubby starts work at 6am and to go to the gym i have to drop him to work so i can have the car, which means he will take great delight in dragging my lazy ass outa bed!! Need to get my lazy ass into it first tho. Wish me luck, been talking about doing this for about a year and it's actually gonna happen!! :D

lately ive not been having alot of sleep (roughly 3 hours a night) having to work all day then to the gym for 3 hours. tired isnt the word. i feel so much better after the workout though

maybe go to sleep an hour or two earlier than normal if you think it will help the tiredness :)

we really are capable of much more than we like to admit to ourselves arent we? I got up, with thanks to my husband but was wide awake by the time i walked into the gym and the buzz of knowing that the end of work today was it for me :D had already done my work out so it was time to go home and chill out. OH MY GOD what an amazing feeling!! So happy!!! Bit tired now tho, early night for me :D:D:D:D

definatly more capeable of what we think! i cant go to the gym early mornings, id get even less sleep then lol

we really are capable of much more than we like to admit to ourselves arent we? I got up, with thanks to my husband but was wide awake by the time i walked into the gym and the buzz of knowing that the end of work today was it for me :D had already done my work out so it was time to go home and chill out. OH MY GOD what an amazing feeling!! So happy!!! Bit tired now tho, early night for me :D:D:D:D

That is so great! I had wondered how you got on. It's so nice when you've got the work done early, isnt it?

It is so amazing. I am definitely going to do this regularly now. It's so frustrating because I've always had the potential to be a gym bunny but work and feeling so tired at the end of the day always got in my way. Now that i've popped my early morning cherry I feel so positive that I can stick to a regular routine now, i mean, what can get in the way at that time of morning?? Nothing!! I've even proven that i can do it on little sleep and a couple of drinkies the night before :D:D lol

Back