Becoming a slimmer Miller

This week is not going as planned. I can't seem to stop snacking!!! And someone gave me an ester egg yesterday which I promptly scoffed with hubby so I've gone well over my syns. I currently weigh the same on my own scales as I did last Saturday so I'm going for a maintain this week. I DO NOT want to put on ANY weight as it will put me back into the 15s. I think I should manage a maintain. Going to be good tomorrow.

Today's tea was healthy though and I forgot just how nice it is. 2.5 syns for the whole plate - sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. It tastes just like the one from the chippy (the fried rice doesn't though, but the rice was still well yummy).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDEQZvHC4NL/?taken-by=slimmermiller

Had a night out at the opera on Saturday. Never been before but I quite liked it, took ten minutes or so to get my head into it but I'd probably go again in the future at some point.

Not stuck to plan this weekend. Haven't been horrendous though but back on plan today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDOiRtui4H1/

Just had chicken in oyster sauce with fried rice for 1.5 syns (syns was for 1/4 tbsp sesame oil). It was super tasty.

I'm going off the rails. My meals have been spot on but I can't stop eating crap in between. 3 days to pull it back before weigh in.

On another note, I suggested to my husband the other day about doing the couch to 5k programme. I fully expected him to politely tell me to bog off but he didn't so we're going to start that at some point. I have some running gear arriving in the next few days at some point (hopefully it will fit) and at the weekend we're going to buy my husband some running shoes (I already have a pair). I had stress fractures in both legs a few years ago so I am just going to have to take it gently and see how it goes. I may not be able to do it but I won't know unless I try, so try is what I'm going to do.

I'm waiting for the nice weather to start the couch to 5k thing, then I'm dragging my OH out to do it too :)

The amount of running I'm actually capable of doesn't warrant the purchase of running wear.

I suspect I'll be the same but hopefully I'll at least look the part haha. First run is tomorrow. We were going to go today but we currently have thunder storms. A bit of rain isn't going to put me off but I'm not desperate to go out in thunder.

I got half a pound off yesterday. That's 4 consecutive losses - I don't think I've ever done that before!!!

Sat pigging out on a small easter egg for breakfast. I deliberately asked for a small one which I'm just about to syn up... It will be over my allowance I'm sure, but sod it, it's Easter. I've got another 5 days (and the rest of today) to be good.

This was Friday and Saturday night's tea (we had the leftovers last night) - not done it in ages and it's soooo tasty.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDYyoyJC4Ns/?taken-by=slimmermiller

Hi
Here to support. (From the 14 to 13 stone group). You are really varied in your meals, this is something I need to be better on and a great idea to instagram the photos. I tried couch to 5k and it was really easy until week 8 when I pulled my achilles and had to give up but that was more about me not stopping after the early signs that all was not well. Resting now and will be back to again after some physio.

The group leader said to us if you find yourself constantly snacking or hitting the fruit bowl more than twice its a sign you are hungry and its better to do something quick like an omelette full of veggies rather than keep grazing.

Hello and welcome :D Nice to have another follower.

I do try and vary my meals when I can, and I can't stand traditional slimming food that lacks in flavour. There are so many nice dishes that you can do on SW that are tasty, I can't be doing with bland food - life's too short.

Well, this morning I did my first run. I AM SOOOO UNFIT!!!! My husband came with me and I had the headphones on with the podcast telling me when to run and when to walk etc. It was quite loud and on the last run I said (well, I thought I said, it turns out I shouted it rather loudly due to the headphones) "I can't breathe" not realising there was a chap in his garden the other side of the road. I didn't even see him, it was only in the car on the way home my husband mentioned it and thought it was funny. Which it was. Just not at the time when I was running, I was totally, utterly knackered. Anyway, knackered as I was and still am, I did it woohoooo! Quite chuffed with myself. It was an embarrassment to anyone who we may have passed on route but I'm not doing it for anyone but me so I don't give a toss what anyone else might have thought!

Just about to plan some meals for the rest of the week. I can't be arsed cooking tonight so I'm going to take the leftover pulled pork out the freezer from the other week. I might do potato wedges and green beans with it, not decided yet...

Got back from my weekend away and my legs are aching like I've been running, not sure what I did, was too drunk to remember, have gone through a weeks worth of syns and put 1 lb on so far lol. Might have to start my running sooner than I thought.
Congrats on making a start, that's the hardest bit :)

Well done on the first run! Remember its about the distance not the time so slow the pace if you find yourself not managing it and getting really out of breath.
Some of the SW recipes are completely inedible so always looking for someone who has picked the best out. The curries are still the best for me.

I'm not racing don't worry. No idea how far I ran. Doing the couch to 5k so the podcasts talks you through it. Week 1 is 3 runs a week, with a brisk 5 minute walk to warm up, then 60 seconds of running (a slow jog) and 90 seconds of brisk walking - this goes on until you've done 8 60 second runs and finishes with another 5 minute walk. I did 8 minutes of running in total and no idea how far but I'm not bothered on time or distance, it's getting me moving for once. I made sure my feet landed under my hips and not out in front - I need a good running style as I had stress fractures in both my legs 5 years ago so I need to take it gently. I get out of breath going upstairs, so it's inevitable I'll get out of breath running, it will get better with perseverance I'm sure.

If you like curries, I recommend you try my mum's madras. I have a google drive folder with SW recipes, the shortcut is under my signature if you fancy a look. You can make the madras as hot or as mild as you like. I couldn't eat a madras from the indian takeaway but I love my mums, she does make it milder when I come round for it though. It's a non SW recipe that was tweaked to make it SW friendly, and then didn't taste any different which is a bonus! All the meals in that folder are well tasty. There's one in there for paprika pork, that's there for my reference as I want to try it at some point, so I can't vouch for that one. Any that are on word documents are tried and tested and totally amazing if I say so myself. x

Are you using the NHS podcasts? I was trying to download them with the android and had issues so instead I went with someone else's commentary and R&B type music because it was easy to download to my phone.

Will put the madras on my to eat list. Since we went back to group on saturday (and hubby got informed he had put all two stone back on and he was at exactly the same start weight as two years ago) we went SW shopping crazy. I think I can hear the fridge groaning under the pressure. I liked the SW sweet and sour dish that youve done and the vindaloo was gorgeous. Also the SW KFC chicken was ok. Maybe I am just a fakeaway person, which is weird because I don't eat that may takeaways!

A couple of the SW recipes have been so bad though. Usually the trying to be creamy pasta ones just are awful.

I am doing the NHS couch to 5k. I downloaded the podcasts on my laptop, then transfered to my phone and mp3 player. It works on both but I used my mp3 player as my phone is quite heavy. My phone is Android too.

Watch out for sw KFC chicken. If it uses smash it's a tweak and you have to syn it up as if it was normal breadcrumbs etc. Go on the sw website and in the useful features section, search for tweaks. It's an important read, especially if getting recipes from non sw sources like here, instagram and Facebook groups etc.

I've not found a nice creamy one yet. The only way to do it nicely is with philadelphia light (I syn it, you don't need much as it goes a long way)

There is one using primula light as well that's kind of cheesy and creamy, but I agree they don't do creamy pasta well

There's one that I tried with cottage cheese and chili flakes. My god that went straight in the bin! Agreed Philadelphia is the way to go. I think I have had some ok Carbonara's maybe using philidephia but again nothing with the creamy tatste!
The SW KFC was using breadcrumbs and syning it which was good, it just didn't keep very well. With only the two of us to cook for alot gets eaten as leftovers in our house. My mums group used to have a group of friends that would take it in turns to have a SW come dine with me evening. I don't know people that well my way in Farnborough to suggest doing it but it was a great way to share good recipes and have a get together whilst staying on plan.

I will check out the tweaking page. I don't tweak much so haven't fallen into any syn traps there yet. I cannot for my life do anything with gelatine (I just get lumps) and can't get decent results with my air fryer - so much so that I used it once and gave up. Was looking for that substitute for crisps, any ideas/tips?

Back