Exercize? Yay or Nay

justabrat

Looking through some posts it seems like some say yes some say no.

I really do not want lots of floppy skin so I like doing at least 2 miles on the treadmill, 10 min on the cross trainer and a good long swim at the gym.

I feel energised by it so is this ok? It also seems to boost my weight loss.

Though I restarted just yesterday after a few blips here and there the last couple weeks.

I am determined to stick to it now so I can take a trip in a few months and maybe squeeze into the airline seat.

Honestly I think exercise is fine - if you feel OK when doing it. Like I mentionned somewhere else it can help you get into a routine. Some people do believe no exercise on a VCLD but if you take LL as an example - the program itself recommends 10,000 steps a day which is a fair walk! I do think you feel more tired after the exercise when on a VCLD and it probably does take longer to recover but I felt great for doing it.

You must obviously drink plenty and be sensible ( I wear a heart rate monitor just to keep an eye on my levels) but if it feels good and is helping then go for it!

I know mt CDC has sensibly advised me to be careful with the cardio, but I think if you regulary exercised anyway it should be OK. I think some people get a bit enthusiastic and start exercising madly at the same time as starting the diet and I guess thats when problems may arise! I hadn't been to a couple of months before christmas so have been taking it easy and just doing 20 mins walking and 10 mins on bike and it seems to be going OK. Thinkk you need to listen to your body and if you start feeling a bit wobbly then stop.

Exercise is fine. I do 40 minutes of cardio followed by a 200 crunchies then some leg toning exercise 5 times a week on SS.

I went to the gym before CD but worked out at a higher intensity and I have stayed away from running and weight training.

You will be absolutely fine and your appearance will be much improved with the benefits of toning from exercise.

I've started to do a gentle Yogilates for Weightloss DVD. I find it really relaxing as weel as strengthening the core muscles!!

I am SSing and I couldn't do this without going to the gym - it's a mentle thing for me. I do 4kms walking, 10mins cross training 2 times a week and another evening going swimming.
Like everyone else said you do what makes you feel ok - let your body be your guide
Good luck:)

Back