Extra Easy: Danielle's SW Journey

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

3.25lbs OFF!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

Yay !! :talk017: WELL DONE DANIELLE !! That's flippin amazing ! I'm so so happy for you ! :bliss: Looks like the weekend binge helped ! :D You deserve this super loss hun, since last weekend you proper pulled back and your food diary has been fab ! You should reward yourself with a treat day today then back on it tomorrow :p . Hope your having a lovely day hun.

Kay xx

Yayyyyyy! God knows how I've lost that much but I'm certainly not complaining! Yep I'm going to treat myself today - I'm going to the cinema tonight I think so I'm going to enjoy treats of the chocolate variety :D Super chuffed :D

Oh so glad you've got a lovely day planned for yourself, I love going to the cinema :D . Have all the treats you want today hun, you totally deserve it, I'm so happy for you ! :) I love the idea of weigh in day being treat day, it so works and we should be rewarded ! :p Hope you enjoy the rest of your day hun.

Kay xx

Hi Danielle, was reading your past entries and had to laugh at the Graze box, I've just subscribed and received my first box today. I got all excited about it. I need to work out the syns but I'm hoping I'll enjoy them. How are you? :)

Hi Cookie, I'm fab how are you??

Ooh how exciting which ones have you got? I think most of them are okay on syns - 4-6 syns ish. I haven't checked them all so I'm not sure. I've started having one twice a month rather than every week, purely to save some pennies. My fave is the chocolate brownie (of course), it's made with beetroot funnily enough but it's delicious. I also love the pretzels with chocolate dip, and the berry flapjacks :)

Hi Cookie, I'm fab how are you??

Ooh how exciting which ones have you got? I think most of them are okay on syns - 4-6 syns ish. I haven't checked them all so I'm not sure. I've started having one twice a month rather than every week, purely to save some pennies. My fave is the chocolate brownie (of course), it's made with beetroot funnily enough but it's delicious. I also love the pretzels with chocolate dip, and the berry flapjacks :)

I'm very good thanks, having a good week on plan too :)
In my graze box I've got pistachios, sweet popcorn, chutney & rice cake things & some dried fruit thing with loganberry. Not opened them yet, just doing once a fortnight to start with then I can easily count the syns into my weekly allowance. I'm looking forward to getting the brownie one mmm

I'm very good thanks, having a good week on plan too :)
In my graze box I've got pistachios, sweet popcorn, chutney & rice cake things & some dried fruit thing with loganberry. Not opened them yet, just doing once a fortnight to start with then I can easily count the syns into my weekly allowance. I'm looking forward to getting the brownie one mmm

Ooh sounds yummy! The popcorns are really good because you get quite a lot - I shared mine with a friend watching a film :) it would be so easy to eat the whole lot yourself though :p I don't think I've tried any of the others that you've got though so let me know what they're like :D xx

Hiiii, sorry I was MIA yesterday - busy day!

Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar (HEXB)
Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna mayo (2 syns), lettuce, cucumber, onion, beetroot, sweetcorn and egg with a drizzle of mayo (1 syn), then a bag of Walkers Sunbites (6 syns)
Tea: Steak and sweet potato wedges (2 syns for oil) with a dollop of reduced sugar ketchup (0.5 syn)
Bedtime snack: I had half a bag of Munchies left over from the cinema on Saturday, so I just had 1 :) not sure on syns but I won't have gone over 15 for the day

Total: 11.5-15 & a trip to the gym

A belated well done on your fabby loss this week! Looks like you're doing great this week, I'm sure you'll be in those 10's in a week or two! xx

Okay, after a brief discussion on BCP's thread, I have decided to try out a new healthy eating plan, or a 'clean' eating plan if you will.

I want to try to use all of the tips and tricks I've picked up from SW over the last year, but also incorporate different foods and drinks into the plan that I wouldn't normally be able to incorporate into SW.

I definitely eat more veg now than I ever had, but I think I need to eat even more. I want to eat less starchy foods (potatoes, rice, pasta) so will replace a lot of them with veg. I eat a hell of a lot of potatoes, sometimes within 2 of my daily meals. Even if it means me replacing normal potatoes with sweet potatoes sometimes. I've discovered today that potatoes are not 1 of your 5 a day, but sweet potatoes are, as they are classed as a root vegetable. You learn something new every day!

I will still limit my cheese intake as I know it doesn't particularly agree with me most of the time. However, I will be drinking more semi-skimmed milk, purely for the calcium which I think I need with all the exercise I'm doing. I won't go mad, only a glass or two a day. But it's good for you :)

I have never really eaten lots of bread and cereal, so I don't think I'll need to be conscious of cutting back. I'm going to buy some porridge oats or muesli to have for breakfast, with milk and berries. When I start my new job I don't think I'll need to use bread at lunch, but for now while I'm limited, I may need to use wholemeal bread or a jacket potato.

I'm going to try and cut out as many processed products as I can. I do okay at the moment anyway, I have things like lamb steaks, beef steaks, chicken. But I do eat things like lamb shanks in rosemary and mint gravy/sauce, which I know isn't too bad but I haven't properly looked at the ingredients, so there could be a lot more rubbish in them than you'd think! So I'm going to start eating more plain meats, obviously incorporating them into nice healthy curries, stews, etc. sometimes. I definitely want to start eating more fish, particularly oily fish, as it's very good for you.

I consume a lot of artificial sweetener in the drinks that I have, i.e. diet coke, sugar free flavoured sparkling water. Even though they are free on SW, I'm really conscious of how bad the sweeteners are for me. I want to start drinking a lot more plain water, or even sparkling water. I'll try and do the typical 8 glasses a day. Might take a while to get myself into that kind of routine, I'm not one for drinking a lot of anything really. I'll drink some milk like I said before, and I'm going to drink 100% fruit juices with no added sugar too
. Again, not lots as I know there are natural sugars in them that can damage your teeth, etc. but just so I can get a bit of flavour in the things I'm drinking :)

One of the things I really struggle with is snacking. The Walkers Sunbites I've been eating use up 6 of my syns!! I don't always have time to make things like the breakfast muffins I finally managed to make last night! Or the chocolate orange cakes I made a while ago. I've discovered today that cashew nuts are one of the lowest calorie nuts, and I love them! I'm going to get some dry roasted cashews, and perhaps some other low fat nuts, and have a handful of those a day. They are nutritious, and are very filling! Of course, it's when you start buying the ones with salt and flavourings that it becomes very unhealthy. Also, I still get a Graze box twice a month, so I've switched to the healthier box which only includes snacks between 50-100 calories.

I'm still going to follow SW on some levels and will still rely on it for help, but there are things that I feel like I'm missing out on and if I can have them I will find it much easier to stick to my plan. I want to stop such a high intake of artificial, processed products and eat as much fresh, natural food as possible. It may not work for me, but even if it doesn't, I'm still eating healthily and going to the gym most days, so I shouldn't gain much weight if any. I'm going to count calories as best I can too, as I would like to be consuming no more than 1500 calories a day.

If anyone has any advice for me, or if anyone thinks I'm being completely crazy, please tell me! That is if you haven't fallen asleep reading this, of course...

Danielle xx

Last edited:
Hello :)

I think you should do whatever is good for you and what your happy with. I do watch the carbs I eat because too much of them bloat me out, its rare For me to eat potatoes & pasta or rice on the same day although SW says you can, I know it doesn't suit me.

You can have 28 pistachios as healthy b, choice. That's a Graze box portion which I had today and it was delicious. Maybe you just need to re-read your books and see what you can change up. That's when I learnt about the nuts being a hex, I've been having prunes too. You could also try honey if you don't want sweetener too xx

Read through your plan..... it looks like it will really suit your needs..... I'm sure you will make tweaks to it as you go along so it continues to do just that..... I will be peeking to see how it goes x

Forgot to update my food yesterday -

Breakfast: 2 SW ham and egg muffins (more like one though - I forgot to Frylight the muffin cases and most of the muffin stuck!)
Lunch: Ham, cheese and pickle sandwich on small wholemeal, 2 Shape 0% fat yoghurts, another muffin and a bag of Walkers Sunbites
Tea: Aldi lamb shank with air fried chips and carrot and swede mash

I'm not going to include syn values for now, as my new plan goes against SW for some things. I will still update my food diary every day though :)

Back