Extra Easy: Danielle's SW Journey

Arrgghhh sorry everyone, I've had a hectic weekend! I drove up to Leeds on Saturday to visit a friend and didn't get back til late yesterday so I've not had much time to update you :rolleyes:

Okay, so after about 3 weeks of feeling the urge to take to my scales with a sledgehammer, myself and mum came to the conclusion that they were faulty and we needed new ones. The result was different every single time I got on them this weekend - I got results varying from 10st 11lb to 11st 9lb so you can imagine my frustration! They've been dodgy for a few weeks, but not as bad as that. We changed the battery just in case, but it did nothing. So I went out and bought a new set, and I've decided that all I can do is start from scratch, as I don't actually know what my correct weight has been for the last few weeks. So I'm starting on 11st 6.75lb :( (these ones are much more accurate!)

I ended up with a Special Chow Mein on Friday night, which I thought wasn't too bad considering a Chicken Chow Mein is only 5-5.5 syns. And I didn't eat it all, so I did quite well! However, this weekend has been full of out of control badness, although I definitely didn't eat as much as my friends!

Saturday, I had a bacon roll (white crusty :p) with ketchup, but it was only small. Then picked up my friends and bought a cheese and pickle sandwich from Tesco, but only ate half of it. I had a bag of Seabrooks prawn cocktail crisps, and half a small bottle of Dr Pepper. My friends, however, ate a full sandwich and a full packet of chocolate digestives between them on the journey, and I didn't even have one!

We went out for tea and I ate a southern fried chicken burger with bacon, hash brown, bbq sauce and mayo, with a side of sweet potato fries :p and a Coke. We then went out drinking, and while trying to flag down a taxi home, my friends all bought burgers and chips from a burger van and I didn't get anything :)

Next day, no breakfast, but we went to TGI Friday's for lunch before the journey home, and I had ANOTHER burger (oops). A beef burger with bacon, cheese AND SALAD :p with a Jack Daniels sticky sauce (WOW) and more sweet potato fries. But drank diet coke :) Then on the drive home we stopped at some services and I saw a Krispy Kreme stand. I have never had a Krispy Kreme donut before, so I bought a chocolate topped one with chocolate filling. Felt so sick and guilty afterwards hahaha.

Got home, and OH had bought a pepperoni pizza and onion rings, but I only had 2 small slices and about 5 onion rings with ketchup, as I was so full from lunch. I also had a small sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce out of my Graze box, but it was literally 3 mouthfuls. Then that was me done!

So I've been very very bad and I have got a lot of work to do this week to even have a hope of trying to stay the same next weigh in! I must admit though, I bought a pack of Kiplings Angel slices for the journey, and I left them at home!!! And I was too full last night to even have one. So they will be sitting in my cupboard calling my name all week, unless I have 7 syns spare at some point, which isn't going to happen.

So that's my fun filled weekend for you! I'm sure you were all salivating over your keyboards reading it like I was writing it. It was a truly magical weekend! Hehehe...

I haven't measured myself yet so I'm going to do that tonight so I can't start keeping track of that too, then hopefully I won't feel as rubbish every weekend when I gain weight, because hopefully I will have shrunk in size instead!

Catch up later! xxx

Well my stomach certainly doesn't appreciate all the rich food and alcohol I've consumed this weekend! :sign0137: I definitely think it's karma!

My body must have become adjusted to healthier eating and this weekends binge has not agreed with it! I'm thinking it'll probably be the whiskey mainly... I've been drinking Southern Comfort which is whiskey based, and I had the Jack Daniels sauce on my burger yesterday.

That's today's lesson: WHISKEY IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend. Sounds like you were quite restrained, there's no way I could have resisted a burger whilst waiting for a taxi.

I'm pretty good like that, I've never really been one for buying a takeaway after a night out, so I'm quite glad that it's one less thing to try and control! x

Measuring is a definite xx

Food for today :)

Breakfast: 2 Alpen bars (HEXB)
Lunch: Jacket potato with lots of chicken, lettuce, cucumber, onion, sweetcorn, boiled egg, beetroot and a couple of tbsp. worth of light mayo (4 syns), then a bag of Walkers Sunbites (6 syns)
Snack when I got home: Small slice of cheese :rolleyes: (HEXA)
Tea: Lamb steak with roasties (done with frylight), broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Aunt Bessie's carrot and swede mash (0.5 syn) and lamb gravy (1.5 syns)
Bedtime snack: 4 small white chocolate buttons (about 1 syn)

Total: 13 syns & a trip to the gym

Hi Danielle,

Great to hear you had a fabulous weekend - and well done for managing to be restrained when the temptations must have been huge! Sorry to hear that the food and alcohol are taking their revenge on you though :eek:. I always feel like that after too much of a good thing, and it's almost a relief to go back to eating healthily again!

Hope your next WI goes in your favour - looks like you're back on track with your meals and the workout at the gym is sure to help! :D

H xx

MORRRRRRNINGGGGG!!! :character00238:

The sun is shining so I am too :D

Today's food -

Breakfast: 2 Alpen light bars (HEXB)
Lunch: Pasta (2 syns for oil to stop it sticking) with tuna mayo (2 syns for mayo) and a bag of Walkers Sunbites (6 syns)
Tea: Will probably be steak with sweet potato chips done in the air fryer (probably with Frylight as I've heard they're not very nice with oil - anyone disagree? Never cooked them before so advice would be appreciated! :)) and a blob of ketchup (1 syn)

Total: 11 syns & a trip to the gym

Syns may change later if people advise on using oil for my chips :)

Also, does anyone know a better way for me to stop my cold pasta from sticking together after being in the fridge? I begrudge using 2 syns for oil but couldn't find a better solution for today :gen147:

P.S. I rinsed the pasta under the cold tap for a while straight after I cooked it to get rid of the excess starch - anyone reckon that should be enough?

Afternoon hun x

Ugh I cannot WAIT to have a microwave and toaster available for lunch! I'll have to go out today and get a jacket spud with beans from the shop - I fancied jp with chicken salad again but I forgot to bring my light mayo with me and I can't eat it without so it'll just have to be beans. I get so bored of spuds!

I'm just so excited to take leftover curries, stews and other yummy treats to work with me, or just have a simple soup or beans on toast! It's sad isn't it :eat: :giggle: I've discovered that my current boss cannot stand food smells so now I understand why we have no microwave in the office. So inconsiderate!

Today's food so far:

Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar (HEXB)
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans, then a bag of Walkers Sunbites (6 syns)
Snack: 1 Alpen light bar (HEXB)
Tea: Aldi lamb shank (3.5 syns) with potato medallions in the air fryer (2 syns for oil), Aunt Bessie's carrot and swede mash (0.5 syn) and peas. (Didn't end up having gravy as the lamb shank comes with so much sauce it wasn't needed!)

Total: 12 syns & a body tone class

Last edited:
I'm planning on making the SW breakfast muffins later on so I can start saving my HEXB, and hopefully they'll be more filling than the Alpen bars too. I can either grab a couple for work, or if I have free time, have one with bacon and beans or something! I suppose they'll be similar to my mini quiches but, of course, bigger and I'll be making them in muffin cases :)

Is everyone, like me, relieved to have Kay back in their lives?! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Awww I just saw this, that's so sweet Danielle ! Hugs :bighug: I missed all of you loads too . Just catching up on your diary now. Well done for getting back on the plan after your weekend binge ! :) Your doing much better than me ! :p With the actifry, I have heard a lot of people say their chips come out crispier if you use 1 tbsp of oil. I think you can use the oil as a hexb, its defo worth a try for some yummy chips :) . Hope the rest of your day is going fab hun .

Kay xx

Hehe I thought you would appreciate the bunnies :D

I, more often than not, use oil when I do normal chips and count it because I use HEXB at breakfast, but if I don't have the syns I just spray them. But I had never made sweet potato chips before (I actually ended up doing rough cubes out of pure laziness!) so I wasn't sure if it made a difference. I opted for spray just to be on the safe side and they turned out lovely, although I will probably go for oil next time. I find that using spray makes the outside of potatoes a bit tough so difficult to pick up with a fork!!

I need to try your Bombay potatoes recipe soon! I really want to but just haven't got round to it yet as I don't have much free time at night... I may try them at the weekend :D

Danielle xx

Back