Extra Easy Food Diary

well i didnt stick to plan :( I did all day but then hubby cooked dinner :( He used normal lamb mince and fried the onions in oil :( God knows how many syns I have consumed?? stupid waste of syns :( i wish i had just eaten something with chocolate in :( gutted

Meal plan for Friday 8th Oct

B - prawn n pepper omlette with beans
S - apples/grapes n mullerlight
L - Roast chicken, ww chips and mushy peas
S - 2 alpenlights with banana
D - pasta n sauce with veg

Not having any syns to make up for todays mince/oil fiasco

Don't worry about it, these things happen, and it's a learning curve. And from the looks of it, you didn't have any syns that day anyway, I doubt you used more than 10 because of mince/oil kerfuffle.

As for the chick pea dhal being a bit too spicy, you could always stir in a bit of fat free plain fromais frais once you've heated it up, to down down the spice a bit (make sure you do it once it's warm otherwise the fromais frais will curdle).

Have a look in the recipes thread and also the one called 'Where the bargains are at' (something like that)...that should give you some good ideas for meals and stuff

Kirsty x

Do you really think it wasnt that many syns? I think i read somewhere that there is 1 syn for every 28g of lamb mince so say I had about 100g thats 4 syns approx then I dont know how many syns r in oil? Im just gonna forget about it lol. Im back on track today . Are mushy peas superfree or superspeed? I need to be really good for the next couple of days cos its my daughters 6th birthday party on weds and i am gonna have some cake lol

PS thanks for the advice Kirsty - I will try that with the chickpea dahl. Also I will check out that thread now :) Do u have a food diary? xx

Yeah, its a great feeling. I passed mine second time round. Can't live without my car now, although it is off the road at the mo, its killing me having to look at it every day and having to walk or go get the bus. But there again, its got me more active now x

oooh i see ur from south shields :) not too far from me. This test was second time round for me too. First test i was so nervous that i stopped at a green light! All my friends still laugh at me to this day!!

Saturday 9th October

B - Quorn sausage, scrambled egg, baked beans and mushrooms
S - Banana and mullerlight
L - rice n veg
S - apple, grapes and alpen light bar
D - pasta with veg
S - banana and alpen light bar

I am supposed to be eating extra hexs but i find it difficult to include them. I always get milk in my cuppas , sometimes a bit of cheese on my beans. Hebs are easy cos i lurve alpen lights lol

For a cheap meal, today I did pasta with Phily Garlic and herb - had leaks and broccoli in it (was supposed to be peas according to recipe but DD doesn't like them) It was lovely and she has said I can cook it again, was really quick and easy :) The recipe was in this months mag.

Have commented on your diary Kirstabubble :) Twizzle that sounds nice, i have never read a sw mag - are they really good?

Sunday 10 October

B- quorn sausage egg beans n mushrooms
S- banana
L-weetabix(heb)with milk (hea)
S-banana
D- rice with lamb, okra and salad(cooked by hubby so need to syn the meat but he didnt use oil so im guestimating about 8 syns to be on the safe side?

Mon 11 Oct - gonna have a really good day today cos its my wi 2morro!
B-speed food omlette(prawns,pepper,onions) with beans
S- banana
L- mixed salad and chicken breast
S- mixed fruit
D- rice and lamb with veg - cooked by hubby so synned - guesstimating 8 syns for the meat.

well.... so much for being on my best behaviour. I completely messed up today :( Had roast chicken dinner with stuffing and a whopping 4 yorkshire puddings! Dont want to even think about how many syns that is :(

Ammended meal plan for Monday 11 Oct

B- mullerlight n banana
L- Chicken, mash, roast potatoes, stuffing and yorkshire puddings :( Only veg in sight was a few carrots oooops! Gonna draw a line under it n start again
S- mullerlight n banana
D- mixed salad with cheese (hea)
S- alpen lights (heb) and fruit bag (apple n grapes)

Meal plan for Tuesday 12 October
B - speedfood omlette with beans
S - fruitbag n yogurt
L - rice with chickpea dahl n veg
S - banana and alpen light
D - rice with chickpea dahl n veg
S - alpen light n apple

wWoooOOOOhhhHHHOOOooooo 3.5 lbs off for me which takes me to 14 stone 4 lbs and means ive dropped 2 stone in 2 months :D Soooo happy

Back