Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Out for lunch tomorrow with a friend. We're going to Vodka Revolution and the menu looks AMAZING! Never eaten there before and the menu is pretty naughty but I think I've found a solution that will make it relatively low-syn!

Smoked salmon & serrano open sandwich
Granary loaf topped with creamy, soft cheese and rich smoked salmon, seasoned with black pepper and finished with crispy Serrano ham and smooth mango jam.

I figured I could have the granary as my HEXb and the cheese as my HEXa. Salmon is free, then I can syn the Serrano ham at 3.5 syns per 100g and the mango jam as 2 syns per tbsp. The accompanying salad I'll ask to come with no dressing. I could even just not eat the ham but I'll decide that tomorrow! I may even get the mango jam on the side so I can decide how much I have. I'm going to sound like a proper fussy cow when I order!

(I know the granary isn't strictly classed as a HEXb but sod it just this once!)

Rachel1903 said:
Enjoy your lunch out! The photo's of your food look lovely! I can never get the sauces in my curries to go thick?!?! Think I'm doing something wrong!

x

Mine was like soup too. I left it to thicken for ages and added cornflour and it was still watery. I think I need to play around with the recipe a bit! X

I had a lovely catch up with my friend at lunch, but lunch itself was really disappointing. My meal came out with no cream cheese on it and when I told the waitress she checked with the kitchen and they'd ran out so just sent it out anyway! They let me have it for half price which was good as otherwise I would of paid £7 for a piece of bread and some smoked salmon!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, nectarine, shape yoghurt

Lunch - Piece of bread (HEXb), smoked salmon, salad, 1 tsp mango jam (1 syn), 2 slices Serrano Ham (2 syns)

Snack (starving after crappy lunch) - low fat supernoodles, 2 babybel light (HEXa)

Dinner - sirloin steak, SW chips, green beans, soya beans, red onion, SW peppercorn sauce

Pud - Mullerlight greek (0.5 syns)

Naughtily picked at my sisters left over southern fried breadcrumb chicken so I'm going to say about 4 syns for that.

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
Soda water

Total syns = 7.5

OH's Food Diary...

Breakfast - same

Lunch - beans on toast w/ cheese (HEXa & HEXb), margarine (3 syns)

Snack - low fat supernoodles, ham

Dinner - same

Snack - butterkist popcorn (5 syns), monster munch (5.5 syns)

Coffee w/ sweetener & skimmed milk (HEXa)
Diet Lemonade

Total syns = 13.5

Dinner...
2012-09-21%252020.12.21.jpg

Out with the girls tonight and it will be a boozy one! :drunk: I'll try to resist a late night takeaway though!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), 2 boiled eggs, 2 tsps flora extra light (1 syn)

Lunch - low fat supernoodles, ham, 1 babybel light (HEXa), banana

Dinner - Sausage meat pasta made w/ tinned tomatoes, grated carrots, red onion, 2 weight watchers sausages (1 syn), 20g reduced fat cheddar (HEXa)

Booze - loadsa-syns!

1 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 2 + ?

Dinner... This doesn't sound like much but it's delicious. It's a low syn, low budget recipe that my friend used to make for us at Uni. It also packs in the neccessary 1/3 superfree!
Recipe -
http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/sausage-meat-pasta.html

2012-09-22%252018.35.23.jpg
2012-09-22%252018.35.07.jpg

Last edited:
Last night was as boozy as I'd expected so no guilt about the syns I drank. I resisted the takeaway too and had a slice of Nimble with peanut butter when I got home, plus the OH's leftover sausage meat pasta. It may not look/sound too exciting but it's SO good.

I also bumped into a friend of my parents. He did a double take and asked if I'd lost weight. When I told him how much he said how skinny I looked. My sister in law also commented that I look like I've lost about 2 stone. I was very chuffed but it made me think that I should try not to lose too much more as I don't want to look thin, just slim!

Food Diary...

Brunch - 2 Nimble (HEXb), 2 weight watchers sausages (1 syn), baked beans, poached egg, 2 tsps flora extra light (1 syn)

Snack - Mugshot thai (0.5 syns)

(Early) Dinner - Roast chicken w/ stock roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, broccoli, soya beans, bisto gravy (1 syn), chicken skin (I didn't eat all of what is in the pic) (1.5 syns)

Snack - 2 mikado (1 syn), 2 mini meringues (2 syns), mixed berries, fat free natural yoghurt

Snack - low fat supernoodles, 2 babybel light (HEXa)

1 highlights hot choc (2 syns)
3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 8

Brunch...
2012-09-23%252013.02.10.jpg

Dinner...
2012-09-23%252017.54.09.jpg

Last edited:
My sister in law has not long had her second baby and has put on some weight that she's really not happy about, so we talked a bit about SW last night. She just text me and wants to join so I'm going to go round to hers tomorrow and talk through the rules and let her borrow my login to see how she gets on with it. It's certainly worked for me and my other friend who was out with us last night so I'm sure she'll love it too!

Hey :)

I hope you had a good weekend??! I had a chocolate treat with a friend on Friday and was so dissapointed as it was not very tasty!

I made chilli last night with the recipe you gave me... it was lovely! I didn't have any kidney beans in chilli sauce so instead I used puree and a dash of Worcestershire sauce, but it was really nice. So much better than the SW recipe! So thank you for linking me to that!

x

Rachel1903 said:
Hey :)

I hope you had a good weekend??! I had a chocolate treat with a friend on Friday and was so dissapointed as it was not very tasty!

I made chilli last night with the recipe you gave me... it was lovely! I didn't have any kidney beans in chilli sauce so instead I used puree and a dash of Worcestershire sauce, but it was really nice. So much better than the SW recipe! So thank you for linking me to that!

x

Glad you enjoyed it. My mums made it for years so I was chuffed I could make it low syn. It's even better with kidney beans as the chilli sauce they're in gives it more flavour.

That's annoying about the choc. It makes it not seem worth it when you don't enjoy it as much as you hoped! Hope you had fun anyway though x

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed it. My mums made it for years so I was chuffed I could make it low syn. It's even better with kidney beans as the chilli sauce there in gives it more flavour.

That's annoying about the choc. It makes it not seem worth it when you don't enjoy it as much as you hoped! Hope you had fun anyway though x

I think next week I will make it again and add kidney beans in chilli sauce to the shopping list! It really was very yummy! I'll have to try a few more recipes from your link too!

I think I'll take more time picking my treats next time! It was a good night though, not seen my friend in a few months so we had a good chinwag!

xx

Hey Hun

I have just read all 24 pages of your food diary and feel well and truly caught up! Well done on your losses. Well done too for maintaining whilst on your travels!

I love the fact that you aren't too strict with yourself, we can't all be 100% all the time - well some people are on here and I am in awe of those people - but I know that I wouldn't be happy if I were to be so strict. If that means I won't lose it as quickly, then so be it. You only have one life and while I don't want to shorten it by being obese, I want to live it too. I eat healthily on a daily basis and I am semi-fit and my insides are healthy. Its just the outside that is squidgy and doesn't fit into things. I want to get a few stone off and then relax - its not easy though is it?

Keep up the good work and I am off to your blog now for inspiration!

x

Hey Hun

I have just read all 24 pages of your food diary and feel well and truly caught up! Well done on your losses. Well done too for maintaining whilst on your travels!

I love the fact that you aren't too strict with yourself, we can't all be 100% all the time - well some people are on here and I am in awe of those people - but I know that I wouldn't be happy if I were to be so strict. If that means I won't lose it as quickly, then so be it. You only have one life and while I don't want to shorten it by being obese, I want to live it too. I eat healthily on a daily basis and I am semi-fit and my insides are healthy. Its just the outside that is squidgy and doesn't fit into things. I want to get a few stone off and then relax - its not easy though is it?

Keep up the good work and I am off to your blog now for inspiration!

x

I hope it didn't bore you too much :)! Thanks hun. It definitely wasn't down to willpower as I ate complete crap whilst we were out there. I'm putting it down to how active we were whilst we were travelling. I also think getting ill in my second week helped! lol!

To be honest, if I was completely angelic on this diet I don't think I would have lost as much as I have or kept going with it. You need an occasional night off! At least I'm not having every night off like I did pre-SW. As they say "slow and steady wins the race" so I think you definitely have the right attitude!

x

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, mullerlight

Lunch - Pasta w/ 40g
philadelphia light spring onion & black pepper (HEXa), red onion, courgette, red pepper, spring onion,bacon (fat removed)

Snack - 2 mikado (1 syn)

Dinner - SW beef burger w/ bacon (fat removed), 15g rf cheddar (HEXa),
60g wholemeal roll (HEXb), lettuce, red onion, sauteed new potatoes, 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns), 1 tbsp bbq sauce (1 syn), 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Snack - Butterkist popcorn 25g bag (5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 8.5

Dinner...
I was a bit naughty with the 1/3 superfree as I was being lazy
redface.gif
but it was SO good!
2012-09-24%252019.57.30.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I love your diary! It's been so much fun reading through it. I love that you really enjoy your food and cook yummy hearty meals. I also love taking pics of my meals and I've been playing with the idea of a blog, I just can't seem to find a template/website that makes sense! Well done on your losses so far. Can't wait till I'm back at 10st something!

Oh I love your diary! It's been so much fun reading through it. I love that you really enjoy your food and cook yummy hearty meals. I also love taking pics of my meals and I've been playing with the idea of a blog, I just can't seem to find a template/website that makes sense! Well done on your losses so far. Can't wait till I'm back at 10st something!

Thanks hun! The thing I love most about SW (aside from the weightloss of course :)) is rediscovering how much I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes. I don't think I've been 10 stone something since I was about 15 so I'm absolutely chuffed to bits!

I use blogger as to me it's the easiest format to use and it's fun playing around with the templates and making your own design. It takes a while to get used to but now I find it really easy to use.

I'll have a little nosey at your food diary now x

Shamefully I haven't started the 30 day shred yet :eek:! I'm so lazy! I need a shot of motivation to want to get fit. Maybe tomorrow's WI will help!?

Hi any chance I could get your chilli recipe? Thanks in advance x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there, I have just finished reading your journey over the last 24 pages! well done with your recipes and weight loss despite the alcohol!
If you want more ideas for recipes feel free to read my recipes by following the link below (there is a recipe page guide on page 51)

Pete

vintagepockets said:
Shamefully I haven't started the 30 day shred yet :eek:! I'm so lazy! I need a shot of motivation to want to get fit. Maybe tomorrow's WI will help!?

I feel your shame, I too need something to motivate me, I was full of enthusiasm but only did the shred once the other week, I know it works cos I did a full 30 days of it earlier this year and then I did it just about every other day for ages after that. I'll make time to do it today, it's less than half an hour and definitely worth it, will you join me? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back