Extra Easy or Red for me?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
:confused: My C only really explained the EE in great detail and Im wondering about giving RED a couple of goes.
So - put me straight if Im wrong here -
I can have 2 HEXA and 2 HEXB if I need them, unlimited meat fish etc as on EE but need to count my pasta, rice or potato as a HEXB
Is this right?
I assume I still need to have plenty of free and superfree too, but do I need to make sure I have these as religously as I do on EE ( ie the 1/3 thing)
Sooooo confused!!!

ive never done red days, but yeah i think its 2 HEA and 2 HEB and then 1/3 superfree as usual, but all your pasta/rice/pots etc have to be counted.xx

You dont have to have the 2 HeAs Hun. I only have 1 HeA and 2 HeB when I do Red Days, but you can do either or. Have a look at my food diary on here for some ideas if you like?

You can have 1 or 2 hea's but you need to have 2 heb's.

1/3 rule is a good idea but is not essential on red.

Yes you need to measure pots, pasta but rice on red is not a heb, someone at my group I was talking to has been doing that and she hadn't realised. You must syn rice or cous cous on Red.

:)

You're right about the HE's you get 2 yum yum. I think 1/3 superfree is still encouraged but I've never actually been told it. It's probably written somewhere and I've conveniently missed it. :giggle:

Well 2 HEXB is a biggy for me!
I tend to eat alot of veg and fruit anyway so that should be ok too
And just to clarify - Cos I is thick - potato and pasta would be a HEXB??

You get a 227g baked potato or 198g new potatoes in their skins. Not mash or any peeled potatoes.

Pasta is a miniscule amount!

The B choices for red are on pg 33 of the food optimising book, you can also have the EE B choices.

The A choices are the same as the EE A choices.

Awwww Jaylou - So no SW chips?

Yay! well Im happy with that then, I think I will defo give Red a go - just feel like I wanna mix it up a bit you know?

I have red days because they work better for me - esp the 2 HEb's!!

I would be lost now if I was unable to have my morning porridge & my new pots of an evening. I make some yummy roasties with them, adding lots of nice herbs & spices - yummy!!

When I do fancy pasta - I take a green day so that way I am not missing out - like the idea of mixing the allowence through some roasted veg though - may have to give that one a try :D

Back