Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

Hi,
I spent most of last night reading through the new booklets and have to admit that, after all the build-up over the last six weeks in my group from our consultant about the new plan, I was disappointed as it does not seem that different. I did SW several years ago and have just recently come back to it. The new Extra Easy SP seems like the old Red days; the new standard plan is more or less back to how it was before they introduced the Superfree and Speed foods, with just Free foods. There does not seem to be much really new, (which is fine - I was just hopeful for some miraculous new way of losing weight!!).

Also, I cannot find a way of finding out syn values for basic items such as rice, plain rice, a banana, grapes etc for days when one is on Extra Easy SP. It says very clearly you can have 5-15 syns when doing Extra Easy SP, but it seems peculiar that you can check syns for things like fried rice or mashed potato with butter & milk, but not for basic and healthier carb choices. Given the Extra Easy SP includes syns, and also TWO healthy B choices, how is it any different to the Red days?

At my group this week it seemed a lot of people were thinking the Extra Easy SP was the new plan, and not something that was recommended to do for only a week (as it says in the book). The new ordinary plan is only really different to what we had before in that it points out that bananas, grapes, rice etc should not be eaten in great quantities if one wants to lose weight quickly. I have tried low carb diets in the past and missed the carbs and boost from foods like bananas. For me, it is better to lose weight slower and in a way I can sustain, rather than try for a more extreme diet, lose weight quicker but feel deprived and then end up overeating. I think the best thing for me is to not try and change it all too drastically. Apart from the confusion about Superfree and Speed foods, i thought the old plan was fantastic!

I feel a bit cynical and wonder if SW have just introduced all these supposed changes as a way to boost business at a peak time of year.

But I am pleased to see Quorn sausages are now 0.5 sins instead of 1 syn each, so that will be good. Sorry for writing so much - I do think it is a lovely way of eating, particularly when I stick to home-cooked food. I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2015!

From looking at the website there wouldn't be a syn value because they are still "free", it says to fill the majority of your day with S & P foods. "potatoes and yogurt are Free Foods, so (as long as there are no tweaks involved) they don’t have a Syn value. They’re just not low enough in energy density to count as a Speed food, or high enough in protein to be a Protein-rich food.The focus of Extra Easy sp is on Speed and Protein foods. If you want to eat a Free Food that doesn’t fall into these categories, that’s fine, and you will lose weight! You don’t need to count them as Syns and there’s a special section on the Extra Easy sp food diary to jot down these occasional Free Foods. However, if you really want to boost your weight loss and tighten up, stick with s and p. And…. if you’re sticking religiously to Extra Easy sp, you can still have one Healthy Extra ‘a’ and two ‘b’ choices, as well as your 5-15 Syns as usual."
Our consultant said if your food diary looked like it contained more F than S and P to consider it a normal extra easy day and not have the extra B choice.

View attachment 161706 View attachment 161707 View attachment 161708 View attachment 161720

Here's my meals so far today. Please let me know what you think as it is brand new to us all I appreciate any feedback and I will give you feedback too if you want it on your meals.

Breakfast:
250ml semi skimmed milk (HEA)
2 Weetabix (HEB)
3 clementines
1 Apple
Tea using milk from (HEA)

Lunch:
I got the English Breakfast idea from the book in the new pack called "Everyday Extra Easy" and the meal ideas in there have "SP" written next to them if they're suitable so I decided to have it for lunch. Check out the book if you've not looked at it I got a few ideas from it.

I had 3 pieces of bacon with fat removed
Fried egg cooked in Frylight
Baked beans
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
Half a piece of Warburtons thins for 2.5 syns.

Snack
Salted caramel green tea
3 clementines

Dinner
Beef steak, peas, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar grilled tomatoes, runner beans & roasted butternut squash.
Hope everyone's had a great day.
Stacey xxx

.must admit my mind is a little boggled and I think I may have shut out most of what my consultant said after she'd dropped the "no more green days" bombshell!
Green days are still there - the info is not in the new books and SW are not promoting it, but the info is still on the website, where it specifically says you can still do Green if you want to!

Hi everyone, just subscribing to this thread for ideas as I am going to try some SP days this week. First one tomorrow. I think I personally prefer red days but also think that SP will be better for weight loss - will have to wait for the results before making any judgements!

I think I will be trying the sp plan just need to think of things I can replace my carbs with. Pretty much every dinner has some form of potato or pasta with it.

Hello ladies!

Thank you so much for posting this - I worked late on Tuesday and when I arrived at group everyone was gone so I did not get my new books. I have struggled like mad over the Christmas period and really needed to get weighed so I could be accountable for how naughty I have been and move on. That was not possible so I was searching for info and here it is!

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

I have quoted this from the changes to plans thread which someone else posted not me

It seems a lot of people are confused about rice pasta and potatoes on EE SP but they ARE allowed and the SP plan is only meant to be a short term plan for 2 weeks then odd days here and there

What if I want to have potatoes or a yogurt on an SP day – do I count them as Syns?
No – potatoes and yogurt are Free Foods, so (as long as there are no tweaks involved) they don’t have a Syn value. They’re just not low enough in energy density to count as a Speed food, or high enough in protein to be a Protein-rich food.

The focus of Extra Easy SP is on Speed and Protein foods. If you want to eat a Free Food that doesn’t fall into these categories, that’s fine, and you will lose weight! You don’t need to count them as Syns and there’s a special section on the Extra Easy SP food diary to jot down these occasional Free Foods. However, if you really want to boost your weight loss and tighten up, stick with S and P.

And…. if you’re sticking religiously to Extra Easy SP, you can still have one Healthy Extra ‘a’ and two ‘b’ choices, as well as your 5-15 Syns as usual.

Extra Easy SP appears to cut out starchy carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc) – are we saying these are now ‘bad’?
Absolutely not! No food groups are ‘bad’ (though fats have a lot to answer for!). Carbohydrates are the second most filling foods (after proteins), which is why they make fabulous Free Foods! They’re just not as filling as Protein-rich foods, nor as low in energy density as other Speed foods, and Extra Easy SP focuses on the very lowest energy density and most Protein-rich foods to boost weight loss. If you’re craving a jacket spud or a banana, it’s not a crime, and you will lose weight! It just won’t supercharge your weight loss.

You are meant to focus more on Speed and Protein foods so if you fancied potatoes pasta or rice just have half or less of your usual portion and make sure the rest of your plate is made up of Speed and Protein foods

The extra hex is to make up for the fact you're not having rice pasta and potatoes a bit like red or green days when the extra hex is to make up for no meat on green or no potatoes rice pasta beans and lentils on red days

You are meant to focus more on Speed and Protein foods so if you fancied potatoes pasta or rice just have half or less of your usual portion and make sure the rest of your plate is made up of Speed and Protein foods The extra hex is to make up for the fact you're not having rice pasta and potatoes a bit like red or green days when the extra hex is to make up for no meat on green or no potatoes rice pasta beans and lentils on red days

I understand why you're allowed to have the second healthy extra, I just think if you're going to allow people to have those carbs on an SP day AND 2 HexBs then it might be too much?

Yes I understand so technically it then should be a normal EE day and not an EE SP day But it is forcing us to focus more on S and P foods which you wouldn't normally focus on if following a usual EE day.

I agree, and it sounds like a great plan to me. I just worry people won't see it in that way and think great, double healthy extras AND it says I can have carbs as 'free food' too, rather than realising if you do that then it's essentially an EE day and one healthy extra is more sensible.

Back