Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

Hi everybody, happy New Year!

Just a quick introduction, my names Kat and I moved from Norfolk UK to Singapore in July '14.
I used to attend group but unfortunately they don't have SW in Singapore so I've started doing SW at home as from yesterday, as when I looked to do it online it didn't mention the new plan. I'm following EE as I did that before but have just come across your threads regarding the new SP plan. I'm trying to get the jist of the new plan through your messages but is it right that potatoes, rice, pasta are no longer free? I'm not too sure what the 'P' covers.
Any advice would be greatly received whilst I continue to follow your posts.

Kind regards

Kat

Just a quick introduction, my names Kat and I moved from Norfolk UK to Singapore in July '14.
I used to attend group but unfortunately they don't have SW in Singapore so I've started doing SW at home as from yesterday, as when I looked to do it online it didn't mention the new plan. I'm following EE as I did that before but have just come across your threads regarding the new SP plan. I'm trying to get the jist of the new plan through your messages but is it right that potatoes, rice, pasta are no longer free? I'm not too sure what the 'P' covers.

Kind regards

Kat

Went to class last night, usually on Thursday, but they wouldn't open the venue up on New Years Day. So going to try the SP plan today. That cauliflower rice looks nice. Going to make some with the chicken and broccoli I'm having tonight.

The cauliflower rice was made the Hairy Dieters way.
Grate some cauliflower pieces, add some seasoning, I added garlic granules & abit of salt & pepper. Add around 25-30ml of water to a frying pan, add the cauliflower, stirring well for 5 minutes & until all the water has evaporated & the cauliflower has a nice fluffy look to it.

Ooh, that looks interesting - I make mine by blitzing it in the food processor, adding a couple of teaspoons of water, salt and pepper, and then cooking it in the microwave, but I'll definitely give this method a whirl :)

Hi Kat, I'm in Ireland and had the same problem when I was looking on line (not sure if the international websites are laid out differently to the UK one) the info is on the Irish page just really hidden under my weight loss plan click the choose your free foods link the download for the extra easy sp guide is half way down the page. An sp week is the same as the old express week in that you only do it short term. U should avoid carbs while doing an sp week / day. But you can still have them while following the plan normally. Hope this helps :)

Kind regards

Kat

Hi Kat,

Extra Easy is carrying on and is now the core plan, but they've dropped the old Superspeed and Healthy notations, but introduced Speed food (most fruits and non-starchy veg), and Protein foods (meats, fish, pulses, beans, eggs)

The main EE plan means you fill a third of your plate with Speed food and two thirds free food (any of the old free foods), + 1 HEA and 1 HEB

The EE SP variation means you fill half your plate with Speed food and the other half with P (high protein food) +1 HEA and 2 HEB

This variation is optional so you can always stick with the main EE plan if you want your starchy veg/rice/noodles etc :)

Would anyone mind just sharing some of their meals plans they are having this week, so I can get dome inspiration for this new SP plan. I'm returning to slimming world tomoro 9.30 ahhh !

Ta on advance x

Not planned many for next week...

Cottage pie made with lean beef mince (P), mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes on the bottom, and mashed swede and celeriac on top (all S) served with peas (P)
Fish fillets (P) with stir fried baby corn; mange tout; mushrooms; spring onions (all S) and peas (P)
Lentil (P) and veg (S) dahl served over roasted cauliflower (S)

Also going to do my fave portuguese fish stew at some point (mixed fish and seafood cooked in spicy tomato and vegetable sauce) - maybe served with HEx or synned bread.

10891647_328955223962582_7362009251702701386_n.jpg

Tonight's Extra Easy SP Dinner
Leftover Chicken Supreme that I made last night (see older post for the recipe), low fat cottage cheese, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, beetroot, pickled onions, pickled cabbage & yellow peppers.

Good morning all!

I hope you don't mind me joining the thread. I've just joined SW Online and Minis - I'm feeling so motivated with the new Extra Easy SP but still trying to get my head around it. I plan on doing the SP plan for my first week and then switch to EE with a two or three SP days per week.

I look forward to reading everyone's meals for the week for food inspiration and hopefully help me to clarify the plan in my own head.

KW x

Just to add, here's my planned meals and snacks for the day. Hopefully I am following the plan correctly. It feels too good to be true! :giggle:

Extra Easy SP

(S) = Speed (P) = Protein

Breakfast: Scan Bran Sandwiches
-
5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads (HExB)
- 2 boiled eggs (P)
-4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HExA)
- melon (S)

Lunch: Warm Salmon Salad
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (P)
- green beans (S) mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S)
- dressing: 1 tbsp fat free vinaigrette, a squeeze on lemon juice, ½ tsp wholegrain mustard

Dinner: Turkey Stir Fry
- 1 turkey breast (P)
- broccoli (S) peppers (S) babycorn (S) mangetout (S) carrot ribbons (S) spring onions (S) garlic (S) ginger, 1 red chilli
- fry light, soy sauce

Other:
- Apple (S)
- Cherry Danio (1.5 syns)
- 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- milk (1.5 syns)
- Chocolate Horlicks Light (6 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
Healthy Extra B: 5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads, 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 9 / 15

Just to add, here's my planned meals and snacks for the day. Hopefully I am following the plan correctly. It feels too good to be true! :giggle:

Extra Easy SP

(S) = Speed (P) = Protein

Breakfast: Scan Bran Sandwiches
-
5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads (HExB)
- 2 boiled eggs (P)
-4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HExA)
- melon (S)

Lunch: Warm Salmon Salad
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (P)
- green beans (S) mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S)
- dressing: 1 tbsp fat free vinaigrette, a squeeze on lemon juice, ½ tsp wholegrain mustard

Dinner: Turkey Stir Fry
- 1 turkey breast (P)
- broccoli (S) peppers (S) babycorn (S) mangetout (S) carrot ribbons (S) spring onions (S) garlic (S) ginger, 1 red chilli
- fry light, soy sauce

Other:
- Apple (S)
- Cherry Danio (1.5 syns)
- 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- milk (1.5 syns)
- Chocolate Horlicks Light (6 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
Healthy Extra B: 5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads, 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 9 / 15

Hi Hun
I love the sound of your food diary. Fab day. Hope you enjoy it xxxx

Forgot to post yesterday's diary:

Breakfast: Magic pancakes - (HEB, eggs [P], Mullerlight yogurt [Free]) with Speed fruit salad

Lunch: Butternut squash and lentil soup - BNS , onion , lentils [P]

Dinner: Beef and bean casserole - beef [P], 3 bean casserole mix - beans [P], onions , carrots , tinned tomatoes served with sprouts , cauliflower , broccoli

Snacks: Ginger scan bran cake - HEB, eggs [P], carrots

HEA - 250mls milk

Syns - 3.5 in the cake (forgot to have any more!)

Was stuffed!

Has anyone found some days they are so full that they've almost forgot to have their HEB's? Last night I almost forgot so had Hifi bars with a cuppa. Didn't have any syns yesterday either because I just didnt need them xxx

Has anyone found some days they are so full that they've almost forgot to have their HEB's? Last night I almost forgot so had Hifi bars with a cuppa. Didn't have any syns yesterday either because I just didnt need them xxx

I'm enjoying the luxury of 2 HEBs, so am forgetting to have my syns - only had them in yesterday's ginger scan bran cake :D

I'm enjoying the luxury of 2 HEBs, so am forgetting to have my syns - only had them in yesterday's ginger scan bran cake :D

Think id be better on sp plan a few days but need to read up on it as otherwise i will go wrong lol x

I'm on my 3rd SP day now and have been enjoying them so far. I think they're easier to do than success express seeing as the likes of peas and beans count as P :) Just having to think more on what to replace the potatoes, rice and pasta with!

I'm on my 3rd SP day now and have been enjoying them so far. I think they're easier to do than success express seeing as the likes of peas and beans count as P :) Just having to think more on what to replace the potatoes, rice and pasta with!

I agree! I think butternut squash mash, butternut squash chips, carrot fries, courgetti, swede mash and cauliflower rice will be my new godsends!

Having a variety of lentils and beans listed as P to bulk out soups, stews and casseroles will be really useful too - especially for keeping hunger at bay.

I would normally do green days and switch to EE the odd time I was eating fish. Loved the fact the past 2 nights I could have fish and still have 2 HEB :)

Thanks for this :) I'm trying to move away from processed food this year so was hoping to avoid GF bread and opt for oils and nuts and natural things instead. I'm a bit gutted than oil has been removed xx

I read on another thread that there are some errors in the new books and that EVOL is still a HExB choice. Apparently some amendment sheets will be supplied.

Back