Fainting!!!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by loislane, 3 May 2009 Social URL.

1. loislane

loislane Full Member

Diet:
    exante
    Yesterday was my birthday and determined to have a good time I excelled myself! Friday I'd walked all round london and travelled home yesterday morning to come home to a wii fit for my present, so I got stuck into that most the afternoon, later I went dog racing with a flask of water for my soup and then my friends wanted to go to pub when we got home so wanting to carry on with the birthday festivities I said yes giving my hub my LL bag to take home but when I got to pub I realized I'd sent him off with my bar!! Oh well I'll have it when I get home..... An hour later was in a pub and I began to feel dizzy and sick next thing I know I'm on the floor!!!! Bouncers all around my drunk friends trying to help yelling it's her bday and she's sober not sure if they believed me!
    I think I must have done too much and not having my bar wiped me out!
    Has anyone else fainted?
    Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

yes, it happened to me once, i was on Cambridge though. near the end i was also admitted to the hospital because the diet messed up my TOTM and i was leaking like the Hoover Dam, the nurses and doctors thought i was miscarrying, even though i told them it's impossible (they did not want to believe me..), so they put me in the hospital for the night:/
    i heard quite a lot of ppl faint while on VLCD but it really isn't that bad. was on it for more than 7 months and only fainted once:) i would ask a CDC for advice though on what to do when you faint- there might be some vitamins or smth u can take??

4. JessicaL

JessicaL Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(28.64%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    oh dear that doesn't sound great!
    I've not yet fainted but i'm suffering from terrible postural hypo tension! Every time i stand up i'm extremely dizzy, its gotten progressively worse the more weight i've lost. I'm certain it'll rectify itself once i'm eating again.
    If your faint is a one off i don't think i'd worry too much, perhaps you just overdid it a little. It sounds like you had a very busy day!
    If it happens again, perhaps talk to your LL councilor and your GP xxx

5. jcjazzy

jcjazzy Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Happy Birthday for yesterday Lois :).Hope you are feeling better now.Have you been having regular BP checks?And how is it?Perhaps next time you go to GPs/Practice Nurse you should ask them to do a sitting and standing BP,just in case you have postural hypotension like Jessica.If it happens again I would speak to GP.
    take care xx

6. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    i go through stages of feeling really lightheaded - the mornings when i get out of bed are worse.

it got much better milk week but is starting to happen again

still i'd rather that than be 3.5 stone heavier!

daisy x

7. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Me too, although it does irritate me sometimes - I feel dizzy when I get up an awful lot. BP is fine, so I am going to try drinking more water.

Hope you're ok now Lois and it was just a one-off, it must have been a little bit scary xx

8. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

i have the same thing, it didn't pass after i started eating though. still have it every single day when i get out of bed, out of a chair, off the couch, etc. i often have to actually sit down again because i feel like i am going to fall down. it's not the best:/

9. downesy

downesy Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(21.78%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It happened to me once when I was in Argos on a Saturday afternoon, not the greatest experience I ever had. I didn't actually faint but felt sick and extremely lightheaded. I was so embarrassed which wasn't helped when the shop assistant shouted over the counter to ask if I was drunk, I wanted the ground to swallow me up. Luckily enough another customer came to my rescue and gave me some water and helped me came around. Hasn't happened since though

10. mellie

mellie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(28.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I fainted last night and hope this is the only time it happens to me,I felt all cold and dizzy and just passed out. I was at my parents house so they came to my rescue.

I got checked out with the GP this morning though just to be on the safe side. My blood pressure, heart rate, and pulse are all fine so I am happy.

11. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    I get dizzy occasionally now, mainly when I am in the gym though I think that's more that I push myself really hard than solely the diet causing it! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.