Fairyella's Green Diary

fairyella

Hi all
A new month upon us today so I've decided to start putting my food diary on here. Hopefully it will give me that push I need, letting everyone know what I'm having, and any advice on how I can improve or add things would be most welcome.:D
I'm a veggie so only do green days!
Will check in tonight with my first online diary :):) x sarah x

1/2/11 - Green Day

Well here it is -

Breakfast -
2 Weetabix (HeB) Skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch -
Wholemeal spaghetti
Arribiata sauce made with onoin, peppers, chilli and passata
Cheese (HeA)

Dinner -
Jacket potato
Cottage cheese with chilli flakes

Snacks -
Melon, apple, grapes

Syns -
2 small fairy cakes (11 syns)

Hi Fairyella! I'm not veggie but I do prefer green days, maybe we could keep each other on track and share ideas? I started my diary on here yesterday, and a few people suggested eating a bigger breakfast, more fruit and drinking lots of water, think the water is something to do with the amount of fibre we are consuming???? (Not sure on that one but I must have heard it somewhere lol, probably is right). I'm having a veggie omelette tonight, without the cheese and full of mushrooms, peppers, onions and chillies, all free on green when cooked in frylight! Not sure if you might like the sound of this? Also low fat supernoodles are free on green and great for a snack. Hope this helps xxx

Hi Princess26, yeah that's a good idea to keep each other on track! I know what you mean about the breakfast, I seem to have the same everyday, lol! I keep meaning to have a cooked brekkie, then using my 'b's on something else. Might try it at the weekend. Just wish I liked Mullerlights, but really hate yogurt in all forms, haha! Your omlette sounds lovely so will definately be trying that. Off to Tesco's in a min to get some ingredients in, going to make a Quorn sausage and bean pie for dinner. x Sarah x

Saw your recipe for Arribiata sauce and will be trying that tomorrow, so Thankyou! I'm not a veggie but only eat meat once or twice a month if that so will be following you ladies with interest! I started a diary yesterday too, there must be something in the air lol!

Bee x

Hello ladies its me again! I had a weak moment today and had real butter on my toast, so need to be careful with syns for the rest of the day! Having jacket potato tonight, scooping the middles out and mashing with chopped up baby bels and peppers, then melting one of the 3 babybels (HEXA) on top! With some beans it should be a good meal! I am starving today at work and finding it really hard to resist the vending machines, cant wait to get home for my jacket spud! xxx

Hello Buzzybritches, hope you enjoy the arribiata, it's so quick and easy to make. I love looking at other peoples green diaries too, gives me some good ideas!
Hey Princess26 don't worry about your butter moment, it's allowed, I bet it was lovely too!! Your potato sounds yummy, I used to do that scooping the middle out and mashing it with other things, haven't done it for ages so another good idea thanks! x sarah x

2/2/11 Green Day

Breakfast -

Lunch -
Wholemeal spaghetti plus yesterdays arribiatta

Dinner -
Quorn Pie made with Quorn sausages, Heinz Sweet Chilli Mean Beanz, topped with mash potatoe and red onion and cheese (HeA)

Snacks - Orande, apple, melon

Syns -
Curly Wurly (5.5)
A little bit of gingerbread house (guesstimate 5!!!)
Total 10.5 syns

Bought some Quaker Pawridge today as it was only 99p at Tesco, wasn't sure if it was a 'B' but did some digging and found out it was so happy days! Want to vary my breakfasts as tend to stick to Weetabix all the time! Going to do fried egg and beans some days too!!

2/2/11 Green Day

Breakfast -

Lunch -
Wholemeal spaghetti plus yesterdays arribiatta

Dinner -
Quorn Pie made with Quorn sausages, Heinz Sweet Chilli Mean Beanz, topped with mash potatoe and red onion and cheese (HeA)

Snacks - Orande, apple, melon

Syns -
Curly Wurly (5.5)
A little bit of gingerbread house (guesstimate 5!!!)
Total 10.5 syns

your quorn pie sounds yummy! gonna give that a try as i bough quorn sauages for the first time 2day, do u kno how many syns are in them? x

Hi Vixta just had a second helping of it and it's yummy!!!
The Quorn sausages are free so the whole pie is free (or 6 syns if you don't use the cheese as a HeA. x sarah x

Forgot to say I added a bit extra chilli to the mix! I'm a bit chilli obsessed haha!! x

3/2/11 - Green Day

Breakfast -
Pawridge (HeB) Skimmed milk (HeA)
Alpen Light (half HeB)

Lunch -
Yesterdays Quorn pie

Dinner -
Superfree soup that my mum bought round (she does SW too!)

Snacks -
Alpen Light (half HeB), apple, orange

Syns -
Cadbury sponge pudding - 18 syns (eek!!)! Will be better tomorrow, it was nice though!!

Forgot to put on what I drink - I don't like tea or coffee, so start off the day with PLJ Lemon Juice and hot water, then drink lots of water and NAS Vimto all day.

Hey Fairyella, yesterdays menu looked good! You never really have all your syns, so don't worry about the pudding! Sounds yum, hope you enjoyed it! xx

Ha ha it was nice, have had less syns today so will hopefully even it out!;)

5/2/11 - Green Day

Breakfast -
2 Weetabix (HeB) Skimmed milk HeA)

Mid morning -
Low fat Supernoodles

Lunch -
Scrambled egg with cheese (HeA) 3 slices WW Malted Danish (HeB)

Dinner -
Lentil and veg chili - made with onion, pepper, chili, sweet potato, passata, veg stock, red lentils, Heinz sweet chili Beanz, kidney beans.
Rice

snacks -
apple, melon

Syns -
Alpen Light (3 syns)
Rich Tea biscuit (2 syns)
Small Dairy Milk (5.5 syns)

6/2/11 - Green Day (sorry it's a day late)

Breakfast -
Oats so Simple (HeB) Milk (HeA)

Lunch -
Lentil chilli (from yesterday)
Rice

Dinner -
Macaroni Pasta and Sauce (1.5 syn)

Snacks -
Melon, Apple

Syns -
Crunchie bar - (10 syns)
4 Roses - (10 syns)
(Someone bought the Roses into work and I let temptation get the better of me :O! I did, however (reluctantly) resist the fudge donuts they also bought in!!!)

Back