Fairyella's Green Diary

Mmmm soup was lovely!!

Dinner - Feeling a bit lazy so had Ainsley Harriott Mexican rice, cheese (HeA)

Snacks - Satsumas, pineapple, Curly Wurly (6syns)
Jacobs Oddities (6yns)

Tues 1/5/12

Breakfast - Crunchy bran (HeB) skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - Soup from yesterday

Dinner - Quorn chilli, rice, cheese (HeA)

Snacks - satsumas, 2 curly wurlys (12 syns)

Wed 2/5/12

First weigh in today, 6lb lost!! So happy :D!!

Breakfast - Crunchy bran (HeB) skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - Quorn chilli, rice, cheese (HeA)

Dinner - Will be Quorn Cracked Black Pepper fillet (sadly they have stopped making these, but I found a box, still in date at the back of the freezer! Yay) with
Carrot, broccoli, cauli

Snacks - Curly Wurly (6 syns) satsumas, grapes, melon

well done on your 6lb loss! good luck on your journey, least you're back now and are determined and motivated :) Glad I can read another veggie menu! Havent tried the Linda Mccartney sausages only had the quorn ones so might have to give them a try!

Aww thank you! Really pleased! Just hoping it carries on in the same direction,he he! I think SW is fab for us veggies. Just have to be prepared and organised. The Linda McCartney sausages are lovely, I don't usually rate LM stuff but they are very tasty (especially now Quorn ones are 1 syn each :(). I think you can only get them in Asda or Sainsbury's - I'm sure I read that somewhere! X Sarah x

Ill definitely look out for them then - are they syn free? Yes I agree its great for veggies, i am on my third week now and have enjoyed making the recipes from the SW website - Its just so much more expensive buying fresh fruit and veg, may start buying frozen veg so it lasts longer too! :) x

Yes they're free - bonus!! I know what you mean about the veg, I bought loads of frozen veg last week - carrots, swede, sweetcorn, broccoli and cauliflower and mushrooms, although I found the frozen mushrooms awful so bought some fresh ones today! I have found it much cheaper doing this as I would just let it go off in my fridge before! If you like berries ( I don't) they had loads of them frozen too. Have been making loads of meals to freeze too (there's hardly any room in my freezer now,lol).
Going to try a hula hooping excersise class tomorrow, should be fun, then going to make another big pan of soup when I get back.
Are you going to a group or doing it on your own? I'm doing it on my own, but going to make sure I stay on this site this time ( I 'drifted' away last time) as I love all the info, support and advice on here :) Sarah x

Hula hooping! That sounds like fun!! I really want to find an exercise i enjoy doing, i may have to try zumba, heard loads of good reviews. People on here talk about the 30 day shred but i think id find it too grueling!

I go to a class and get weighed on Tuesdays, next one will be my third weigh in hoping for a good loss as i only lost a lb this week.. even though its in the right direction was still a bit disheartened! What days do you weigh?

I find it easier logging onto here each evening and reading what others are up to so that it keeps me motivated! x

It was fun, although have bruises on my sides now!! I've done Zumba before it's really good. I've heard the 30 day shred mentioned but not sure what it is? is it a dvd or somerthing?
Well done on your loss! As long as it's going in the right direction any loss is good. I think the only reason I had a 6lb loss this week is it is my first week back on it and also started it whilst on my * week so weighed in heavier at my start weight! But as long as it starts coming off again I'll be happy :)
I weigh in on a Wednesday. I do think this site is great, you can find the answer to just about anything and it's so inspiring! :) x

Thurs 3/5/12

Breakfast - Bran Flakes (HeB) Milk (HeA)

Lunch - Quorn chili, rice, cheese (HeA)

Dinner - 2 egg omlette

Snacks - pineapple, melon, grapes, satsuma, Curly Wulrly (6syns) Walkers Baked stars (5 syns) a little bit of my sons easter egg (4syns gusstimate??) eek!!

Fri 4/5/12

Breakfast - 3 Weetabix (1.5 HeB) skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - 2 Linda McCartney Red onion & Rosemary sausages, potato and sweet potato mash, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner - Homemade spicy veg soup ( onion, chilli, leeks, carrots, sweet potato, swede)

Snacks - apple, satsuma, pineapple, Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Sat 5/5/12

Breakfast - Crunchy Bran (HeB) skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - Spicy veg soup from yesterday

Dinner - Wholemeal pasta, Spicy sauce made with passata, peppers, red onion, chilli and mushrooms. Cheese (HeA)

Snacks - pineapple, melon, Curly Wurly (6syns) Jacobs Oddities (6 syns) Sainsbury's low fat(!!) choc pudding (10 syns) eek!!! My Saturday treat :17729:

Will be extra good tomorrow

Sun 6/5/12

Breakfast - Crunchy Bran (HeB) skimmed milk (HeB)

Lunch - Jacket potato, cottage chees with chilli flakes

Dinner - will be Quorn peppered steak, broccoli, cailiflower, carrots and sweetcorn

Snacks - melon, pineapple. Have had no syns (yet)!!! Will update if i do ;)

Was out and about today so not the best of efforts made.

Mon 7/5/12

Breakfast - Branflakes (HeB) milk (HeA)

Lunch(well not really a lunch!) - 2 wholemeal breadrolls (HeB) (6syns)

Dinner - wholemeal pasta and spicy pasta tomato sauce (from Sat)

Snacks - satsuma, Curly Wurly (6syns)
Update: had a jacket potato with cottage cheese.

Off to work tomorrow (I'm Cabin Crew), it's a very long shift so I will have to be mega organised, will take a meal that I have made and frozen, a mugshot, some peppers, mushrooms, carrot sticks and lots of fruit. Hopefully this will be enough to stop me eating the food that they provide for us (which is usually high in fat)!!:eek:

Last edited:
Glad to see you are still doing well - have you done any more hulahooping lol! I tried the quorn burgers for the first time this evening, they were really nice if you haven't tried them! x

Will be going back to hula hooping tomorrow, the bruise from last week is just starting to fade,lol!! Have you had a good week?
Mmm I love Quorn burgers, but love them even more on a lovely bread bun with bbq sauce and cheese he he!!

Tues 8/5/12

Breakfast - crunchy bran (HeB) Skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch/snack before work - Made some pasta, then fry lighted some mushrooms, peppers and sweetcorn with chilli and mixed it into the pasta (unusual,but edible!Kept me away from the chocolate as long day ahead!).

Dinner - Homemade Spicy Quorn cottage pie, cheese (HeA)

Snacks - pineapple, melon, satsuma, carrot sticks, Mugshot, and now the naughty bit ..........someone bought some Greggs jammy doughnuts into work and I had 2!! Can't believe I did that (25 syns)!!!! It was all going so well until then!! Anyway I'll say that will be a Flexible day, sweep it under the carpet and start afresh :rolleyes:

Weds 9/5/12

Breakfast - Bran flakes (HeB) Skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - 2 Linda Mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages, potato, broccoli and caulifower

Dinner - Quorn chilli and rice, cheese (HeA)

Snacks - Curly Wurly (6syns) melon, grapes, pineapple

Last edited:
Thurs 10/5/12

Breakfast - Crunchy Bran (HeB) Skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - homemade spicy veg soup

Dinner - Ainsley Harriott Schezaun rice, mushrooms, cheese (HeA)

Snacks - Curly Wurly (6syns) Jacobs Oddities (6syns) satsuma, pineapple

Fri 11/5/12

Breakfast - Crunchy Bran (HeB) Skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch - wholemeal pasta, passata, chilli, onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheese (HeA)

Dinner - Jacket potato, Cottage cheese

Snacks - Curly Wurly (6syns) satsuma, pineapple

I have decided to start logging my exercise too.

Exercise - Swimming 30 lengths

This week has been good, have had one evening out for dinner so hopefully the scales will be okay this week! Have you tried any new recipes recently? Made some cheese scones today which are free on the green plan, they're really nice! Made with smash so still have that consistency but apart from that a tasty free snack!

Back