Fake tan?

CamilleBates

Alomst there :)
ok... so summer is fast approaching and this year I might actually wear shorts!!! I'm whiter than white so need a little bit of help in the tanning department!!

Can anyone recommend something?? I've used some before but they've always looked nasty!!

I remember reading about one that you could wash the streaks off!! Anyone know what that was called?

TIA xxx

I was about to post a similar thread! I use Johnson & Johnson Holiday skin - found it in a £1 shop on a visit to the UK (it was £6 a bottle in Superdrug). It gives a nice colour - only problem is it's patchy on my feet and toes I wondered how you could get rid of the darker stains.

I quite like the Dove moisturiser with tan and shimmer in it xx

Most important thing is to exfoliate first as the cream will cling to the dry bits.

Sounds daft but cigarette ash on cotton wool acts as a gentle abrasive (make sure you thoroughly wash it after though as bit pongy) also gets rid of hairdye stuck around hairline!¬

I would suggest holiday skin in fair to normal gently builds up so you dont look shocking at first!

If you have dry skin you can put normal body moisturiser on before you apply holiday skin.

Alternatively add some normal self tan to usual body cream.

You can buy tan removers but think its expensive

Carla x

St Tropez is a great brand (usually have offers in Boots)

I also like the Sally Hansan spray on legs which you can get in Boots as well- thats ace as its a mist you just spray on your legs and voila, a tan!!!

Good luck, if you exfoliate well and moisturise this reduces streaking.

x

Hi rimmel do an instant tan which washes off if you moisturise first and put it on with gloves rub it in well it looks fine i used it at the weekend

*** handy hint *** - if your elbows, knees and elbows get a little bit more tanned than you'd like, wipe over with a cotton pad with some lemon juice and that will take the tan down a bit xxx

I use Johnsons holiday skin - the moisturiser tan stuff. It's really good, I got the one for dark skin though because it works quicker!
I have a bottle of St Tropez too which is very good if you take time to apply it properly (look on eBay for it, I got the large bottle for £15 and it's £30 in Boots!)
As someone said before - the key to a good fake tan is exfoliating and moisturising!
If you have problems with dark feet/elbows/knees, mix your fake tan with a bit of moisturiser on these areas and that should sort the problem.

I would recommend getting it done professionally and then just topping up at home

I had thought about doing that :) I just need to know which brand might suit me best.

I should have said I've tried all the holiday skin types and they were all rubbish (for me anyway) on such fair skin. I don't have time to use anything daily.

I've heard good things about St Tropez, and apparently it lasts a good few days to a week? I've also heard good things about Fake Bake, has anyone tried that brand?

I've never tried either of the Sally Hanson or the Rimmel ones so will gives those a ago for quick fix moments :D

I had thought about doing that :) I just need to know which brand might suit me best.

I should have said I've tried all the holiday skin types and they were all rubbish (for me anyway) on such fair skin. I don't have time to use anything daily.

I've heard good things about St Tropez, and apparently it lasts a good few days to a week? I've also heard good things about Fake Bake, has anyone tried that brand?

I've never tried either of the Sally Hanson or the Rimmel ones so will gives those a ago for quick fix moments :D

I'm fairly fair and have had a couple of St. Tropez tans (£25 at my local place) and the effect afterwards has been very good - I have colour but I'm not orange and it just looks like I've been away for a couple of weeks to some far-flung destination! I tend to treat myself to these for special occasions, got a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks so will prob have one then xxx

I try to go on holiday and get out in the garden to keep my tan, but holiday tans fade so rapidly! I am just about getting to the needing to apply the fake stuff stage again....!!!! :)

I bought fake bake at Christmas and it was in a giftbag with the exfoliator and oil mist- only got it because it was a cheap deal but that is a lovely colour- no streaks and lasted quite a few days. I use this or St Tropez mousse so highly recommend both of these (expensive, but I have tried cheaper ones and always ended up orange and/or streaky)

If you look on-line you can usually get stuff cheaper than the shops (amazon is pretty good)
x

QVC do Ecotan - then at least you could return it for a refund if it all goes horribly wrong :D

I got some neutrogena Pure Glow (for the face) in the Pound shop in York.

I was about to post a similar thread! I use Johnson & Johnson Holiday skin - found it in a £1 shop on a visit to the UK (it was £6 a bottle in Superdrug). It gives a nice colour - only problem is it's patchy on my feet and toes I wondered how you could get rid of the darker stains.

Hi ya, You can remove fake tan with a hair remover such as veet.
If you have the blotches between your fingers or toes you can put some veet on a cottonwool pad and wipe off the fake tan.
It doesnt work so well with streaks though as it removes all the tan and can end up looking worse than before

Nivia firming lotion with gradual tan is very good The best ones are Loreal instant tan and Loreal tan gel - love these!! The instant tan has shimmery bits in :character00238:

I don't faketan very often only for special ocassions really and I had a set of st tropez that I got on offer somewhere cheap but find it too expensive otherwise.

However I discovered some great stuff called st moriz nice and easy to use because its a mousse.

Heres a link to where I buy it online - the rrp is £15 lol but they sell it for £2.99!!

St Moritz Instant Self Tanning Mousse 200ml check out the reviews on there it has 4.5 stars out of 5!

X

I use the St Moritz one too and it's fantastic!! I have found a little secret that stops streaks. St Tropez do a mitt, I thought it was to put the tan on with but it's actually to buff it off with. I put the St Moritz tanning mousse on, it dries quite quickly then I buff it off. Since I've started doing it this way I've never had streaks. (You watch now I've said that I'll end up looking like a zebra when I do it tonight lol).

Now I just need to find a tan that doesn't make me smell like digestive biscuits as it develops - not good when you're on a diet.

Back