Family feasts for under a fiver

gonnabesmall

is doin this
:cool:all i can say is brilliant.some fantastic recepies in this book and most of it is your good old store cupboard staples.fantastic.ive just made the red pepper and tomato soup and it was lovely,just had it for breakfast cos i couldent wait till dinner time .
some real simple recepies in here, brill.
have bought other slimming world books before and have been quite dissapointed with them.
so if anyone needs more insperation this book is great.
has anyone else got any more suggestions on slimming world cookbooks,i like good home cooking and cant be arsed to go hunting for herbs and spices that i probably will never use again,any ideas welcome

I agree - great book. Tried so far:

• Three Colour Carbonara - very nice indeed, left out the peas as I don't like them
  • Chicken Italiana - absolutely delicious
  • Smoked Mackerel and New Potato Salad - the buttermilk dressing for this is fantastic and could be used on other salads
  • Old Fashioned Chicken Soup - as it was only for me, I used chicken thighs instead of a whole chicken, and I left out the parsnips because I don't like them, and left out the the pasta - which made it free on Red as well as EE
  • Make-ahead meatloaf - found this very disappointing
Hope you enjoy making lots of lovely meals from this book!!

I loved loved loved the meatloaf! I always think it's worth trying anything once.
I also really enjoyed the old fashioned chicken soup and the spicy mince.
It's a great cookbook and one of the best SW have ever done.

The only other books I've been impressed with are the comfort foods book(no longer available) and the Extra Easy cookbook.

I have made:

Chicken Bhuna - Very nice although I had no peas and had to use sweetcorn instead.

Pork Meatballs in Roasted Vegetable Sauce - this was delicious, I am planning to cook this again this weekend when my BF is over from Germany, pc's on my blog here and the Chicken Bhuna too Lalio – 17th April 2010 « Buddy Up – Scales Down

Leave Alone Gammon and Pea Risotto - Also very nice and so easy to make, I have just made a second batch, pics are here Lalio – 26th April 2010 « Buddy Up – Scales Down

Am looking forward to cooking more from the book :)

Oooh thanks for the recommendation - I too love home cooking and those recipes sound right up my street!
I too like the comfort food book. Some good 'one pot' recipes (I also think SW do a one pot recipe book or am I dreaming?)
Anyway, some good recipes from the comfort food book are:
hearty chicken stew
pork and herb meatballs with raratouille sauce
bonfire night cheese topped bangers and mash pie
Other recipes that sound good (but haven't tried yet) are:
Sweet and sour chicken
fish pie
mediterranean lamb and carrot stew
sweet pepper, pork and pineapple casserole.

And there sre also recipes for old favourites like Lancashire hotpot, a butternut risotto, various pasta dishes, stroganoff, curries and rice pudding.

If the book is not longer available you could always try good old ebay or search recipes on here or the SW website.

oooh can we share the Pork Meatballs in Roasted Vegetable Sauce recipie??? and gammon and pea risotto.... x

The Extra Easy cookbook is very good - so far I've made ham minestrone and Butternut squash & Bacon risotto, both of which were lovely, and there's lots of nice recipes in there for someone like me who isn't very creative when it comes to cooking :) The comfort foods recipe book is very good I agree, and it's available on Ebay. That's where I got all my books from! :) xx

how much is the EE book

its 4.95 from class.

the butternut squash and bacon rissotto is divine!!!

oooo av to get it next week :)

Think this book is really fab - great pasta ideas - I was a bit bored with passata garlic & onion sauce!!!

Back