Famous BNS chips

lindsay88

Silver Member
Well i bought a BNS at the supermarket for the first time in my life lol and my BNS chips are in the oven as I write this :) have to confess I have never even tried BNS before, how hard are they to chop up!?!? I think I have pulled a muscle! And who said anything about those seeds?! :eek: yes i'm THAT blonde lol they take about an hour right? Also thats got to be a good 2 of my 5 a day? Used the whole thing, although not much left of it after my "peeling" attempt lol will let you know if i'm converted! :p xx

I hope you lurve them as much as i do,keep turning them over a few times whilst cooking them...enjoy x

Another convert - YAY !!!!!!

BNS chips rule :D:D:D:D:D:D
I am just about to serve mine now - drizzle of salad cream, large green salad - steak -OMG - better than ..............

do u just 'chip' them, spray fry light then put in oven for how long?

I too find peeling the BNS tedious and was telling a friend about it, she said just deseed it and leave the skin on , chop into shape and then bake them, I have to say I have not tried it this way yet but she has convinced me to give it a go so I have a BNS in the veg rack so may try tomorrow with the skin on. lol

Wendy

do u just 'chip' them, spray fry light then put in oven for how long?

Hey yep thats all you do, infact i actually forgot to spray them with fry light, but they were ok. I cooked mine for about an hour at 180 degrees, that made them nice and crispy but turn them now again to stop them sticking (although i should have remebered the fry light) lol just season with a bit of salt and pepper or anything you fancy, delish! x

I too find peeling the BNS tedious and was telling a friend about it, she said just deseed it and leave the skin on , chop into shape and then bake them, I have to say I have not tried it this way yet but she has convinced me to give it a go so I have a BNS in the veg rack so may try tomorrow with the skin on. lol

Wendy

Hmmm not tried that let me know how it goes would certainly make life easier! x

omg talk about freaky, I never thought of doing anything other then baby food with BNS and today at meeting Sue was saying about doing it instead of roast potatos and most ppl doing ww end up a BNS convert

omg talk about freaky, I never thought of doing anything other then baby food with BNS and today at meeting Sue was saying about doing it instead of roast potatos and most ppl doing ww end up a BNS convert

oooh its a omen BNS chips are where it's at! ;) lol I hadn't even heard of them until reading about them on here! xx

I had BNS for the first time yesterday! Sooo nice! A very good alternative to potatoes! Plus they always seem to be reduced in Asda which is a bonus! lol

Back